Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The bait pile that my husband has out for hunting coyotes has been an interesting place the past few weeks. I've had a pair of great horned owls, a pair of red tailed hawks, a pair of fox, multiple coyotes (11 of which are now dead), opossum, skunks and various other visitors. These pictures from last night were fun to see this morning. This dance went on for over an hour before the coyote and the skunk decided to just part ways and call it a draw. The last couple of pictures are the coyote killing the opossum that moved in after the skunk left. They were there pretty early in the evening and my husband didn't go out to hunt until after midnight so this guy is still out there. He shot a smaller female coyote about 6 this morning.

Pv3Ao1D.jpg

mDWPD97.jpg

2e1sde0.jpg

E4WevPw.jpg

0xoTP19.jpg

nvoLe3o.jpg

uNit8F3.jpg

YypqH2B.jpg

and the opossum...

5DptSqB.jpg

XGmKlM0.jpg

KwDa291.jpg

the end....he was drug off after this picture

F0xTkvo.jpg

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I suspect this is a typo? Probably meant coyotes.

Good catch...yes....it is a bait pile using roadkill deer to draw in the coyotes. Whew....thanks for letting me clarify that! We get permits to pick up the roadkill and use those.

Edited....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, this mama is looking a bit round and uncomfortable! I'm thinking she is due soon. There are several other with big bellies on the cameras too but watching her walk is almost painful. LOL

https://vimeo.com/266543692

Last edited:

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Well, this mama is looking a bit round and uncomfortable! I'm thinking she is due soon. There are several other with big bellies on the cameras too but watching her walk is almost painful. LOL

Have you seen any fawns yet this year? It seems a little early to me but we found little hoof tracks in the woods Tuesday night. There was a normal size track then one that was about the size of a quarter to 50 cent piece. My 5 year old found them and asked what made these little tracks. Then last yesterday right before sun set we saw 2 deer out there and it looked like a little brown spot in the grass close to them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't seen any fawns or does that look like they have had them yet. I have several girls that look to be due soon and we usually start seeing them looking slimmer in May so they have to be close to delivering. I normally don't start seeing fawns in my yard until at least sometime in June. It seems like you guys to the south of us seem to be a little ahead of us on these things so it is sure possible that they are starting to have them.

I hope that means spring is finally going to be here!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He's a nice one! I see some antler growth beginning here on the bucks. Bumps on their heads are getting much more pronounced in the past week or so.

Does are looking quite round bellied so fawns should be dropping soon!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    He's a nice one! I see some antler growth beginning here on the bucks. Bumps on their heads are getting much more pronounced in the past week or so.

Does are looking quite round bellied so fawns should be dropping soon!

That one was on my son-in-law's farm in southwestern Wisconsin, near Yuba. One thing I've noticed about the bucks around that area, they have some very nice racks, but the bodies seem smaller on average than bucks in Indiana.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't seen any coyotes on the camera for a few weeks now. I have had a fox fairly regularly, but I don't mind those since I no longer have poultry for them to kill.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No fawns on the camera yet but turkey poults!! This is the first hen I have seen in the yard with babies...not very big, but she had a lot of them. I happened to walk out there while she was there and couldn't count because they were running all around her. I'm guessing approximately 20.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sorry about the poor photo. I've got a game camera set up to monitor my driveway plus, that's where a lot of deer come out of the woods and into the yard. But it faces eastward so the sun can wash out the images. This is my first sighting of babies this year. Looks like this mom had twins.

2lkve9w.jpg

Top Bottom