• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I boycott companies when they are especially onerous and when it's not too inconvenient. I still use Microsoft and Google even though I dislike them because they are the absolute leaders in certain areas and ditching them entirely would be too disabling. But I switched from Levis to Wranglers many years back when Levis went 100% in on the anti-gun bandwagon.

Avoid left-wing brands when you can, but sometimes you have to "pick your battles". Tractor Supply is an easy one to ditch, b/c Rural King is better anyway.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My Ace Hardware has popcorn. I'm not a fan of popcorn anymore. Working in an office where people burned it in the microwave all the time put me off it. Just the smell of even non-burnt popcorn almost gags me. I will never forgive those people. :xmad:

I used to love it. We raised it a few times when I was a kid. That was the best popcorn I've ever had. I still remember shucking it and taking a big bowl of the kernels outside and blowing away the chaff before making it. We'd store it on the cob and it was always nice and fresh that way.
    I once worked with someone who thought that popcorn wasn't done until several kernels were blackened. I also worked with someone that didn't know you had to add water to ramen noodles before you popped it into the microwave for 5 minutes and wondered off. After that, the smell of merely burnt popcorn didn't bother me much any more.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The parent company has a ton of stuff under it's umbrella. BL the entity who was being boycotted and that campaign was wildly successful. Kinda hard to hurt the hydra with so many heads that is AB.
    It was successful, but only cosmetically. Stock price is what the brass care about. They chopped some heads and went on with things.

I think people are celebrating this TSC thing way too soon. So far nothing was accomplished other than getting the CEO to shutdown on social media. The stock looks to be going up slightly on the day.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was successful, but only cosmetically. Stock price is what the brass care about. They chopped some heads and went on with things.

I think people are celebrating this TSC thing way too soon. So far nothing was accomplished other than getting the CEO to shutdown on social media. The stock looks to be going up slightly on the day.
    Sadly I agree with this…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    TSC has good pricing on their gun safes, though I don't know if they are of quality. TSC was a rather neat store when it first came around. Now they have shrank so much in their offerings it's not hardly worth going there unless I specifically need a lemon tube for my tractors PTO, etc. I went to my first RK about three years ago and was blown away. RK is everything TSC claims to be. Sadly my TSC is 10min away while my RK is half an hour with good traffic.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

Interesting. I am surprised at their reaction.

On the other hand, the people that instituted DEI, "climate change" programs, and HRC support still work there. That being the case, I suspect that little will actually change - they will just be more discrete.

Or perhaps I am just jaded. :pimp:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Interesting. I am surprised at their reaction.

On the other hand, the people that instituted DEI, "climate change" programs, and HRC support still work there. That being the case, I suspect that little will actually change - they will just be more discrete.

Or perhaps I am just jaded. :pimp:
    Their statement said they were going to "Eliminate DEI roles"... so hopefully those people will be unemployed shortly.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Their statement said they were going to "Eliminate DEI roles"... so hopefully those people will be unemployed shortly.
    I suspect the minions in DEI will be repurposed, but the brain trust that decided DEI was a good idea will remain in their positions. "OK guys, we got to keep it on the down low, going forward." :@ya:

Top Bottom