• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    RK is great ammo is usually cheap. I can buy some crap there cheaper than most places. I like popcorn but can’t eat it goes though me like a goose on a fire hose.

I don’t like it when someone has popcorn and are eating it like a starving horse. I think last time in the Jasper RK they didn’t have popcorn ?

RK Varies on quality of the store through out the state. The one in Jeffersonville is always packed.

We have a bloomgargs or something like that if I can’t find it there I have to go to TSC.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I knew that a few years ago from doing work in the TC Pendelton Distribution Center. We had to watch video meetings about once a month and yea, it was always about inclusion with all and tolerance. bla,bla,bla.
    They want the world to believe that they are a Conservative company, lol
    Far from it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Rural King stinks, is full of mice, and they never put the price on anything.

I wouldn't eat that popcorn on a bet.
    The new "Runnings" Store in Marion, the old R,P. Home and Harvest store, is pretty darn nice, that have a good size gun counter but I have yet to get that far into the store. Nicer quality than TC

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Ace Hardware has popcorn. I'm not a fan of popcorn anymore. Working in an office where people burned it in the microwave all the time put me off it. Just the smell of even non-burnt popcorn almost gags me. I will never forgive those people. :xmad:

I used to love it. We raised it a few times when I was a kid. That was the best popcorn I've ever had. I still remember shucking it and taking a big bowl of the kernels outside and blowing away the chaff before making it. We'd store it on the cob and it was always nice and fresh that way.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Quality Farm & Fleet was my place but then it went out and TSC moved into their building. No Rural King in Elkhart County as far as I know.
    I've been over to the Elkhart North Runnings Store. Use to be Big "R", Stock and Field, Home and Harvest. Really packed full of stuff. I needed a couple of rolls of 6" tile and some round baler twine. Those prices seemed reasonable.
    I haven't been in the Elkhart South store yet.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Around NWI Tractor Supply is very aggressive in opening new stores and just opened one very convenient to me. They also welcome dog owners to bring their dogs in. They have a fair amount of niche stuff that the local hardware stores don't have. Rural king is a 45 minute drive for me as is Farm and Fleet in Ill. Northern Tool is an inconvenient 1/2 hour drive. A very large percentage of the shoppers I see at Tractor Supply look like inexperienced wide eyed new people to what they are buying and a lot of them bring their dogs in the store. From my perspective a lot of these customers are woke and I pity their poor dogs they bring in the stores. I see a lot of trendy fad stupid stuff for sale there. I am not surprised that there is wokeness at the top of their food chain. I go to Tractor Supply when I have to for something specific, I go to Rural King when I want to shop and leave with a full cart.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I shop at 3 NWI Tractor Supply stores. Primarily St John, Merrillville and now the new one in Lowellabama.

Well I used to.

I'm done with them.

I don't need to support a company that pretends to support me but actively started a political action committee to support my political opponents.

I can get my tractor parts elsewhere. I can shop for Wrangler jeans elsewhere. I can buy oil/grease/Slime/etc from a dozen different auto parts stores that are just as convenient.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Discussing about large corporations that are simply wearing the mask they want you (the rhetorical you) to see and whose sole purpose in life is to milk as much money out of us as possible is pointless.

They don’t have morality. They will say whatever they think will get them the most profits at the moment and virtually all of them are nothing but sublayers of a few super corporations that are running the world.

Oddly enough, 30 years ago I would have laughed and said anyone making the above statement was a paranoid loon. Yet it was true then and has only gotten an order of magnitude more true since. Meanwhile, we natter on about whether this store vs that store supports our values. They’d be laughing except we mean about as much to them as the bacteria in our bodies mean to us: we only pay attention to them when enough of them cause a ruckus, and only then enough attention to put us down in the most expedient and cheapest manner.

Top Bottom