• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    What is this?! No love for the m&p series?! I have a full size 9mm pro series. That gun is phenomenal. Only have about 600 rounds through it but not a single malfunction yet

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Although this argument is pretty ridiculous given the wide variety of excellent options out there, I am going to say the USP. The torture tests that it this particular series of handguns have excelled in are pretty impressive.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Depends what you intend by "tough" - are you talking about parts breakage or disablement of the weapon?

Striker fired pistols tend to be less prone to environmental factors, because they do not rely on external mechanisms. A little mud under a cocked hammer can slow it enough to prevent firing until you clear it out with a utencil.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ........And YES---Glocks will blow up with too many lead rounds (uncleaned), or too many DOUBLE charged reloads...Bill.

Well, considering that lead and double charged rounds through any semi automatic weapon isn't very healthy for it...............Kabooms ain't just limited to the Glock.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    I would have to say my list would be as follows:

1. Beretta 92f/s / M9 (proven track record, simplicity of design and dissasembly)
    2. Sig 226/229 (Proven track record like beretta, but recoil spring needs replacing more often than the beretta. Also more comlicated to dissasemble.)
    3. XD/M&P/Glock (they are all equal in reliability imo, choice would be by user comfort.(I prefer a M&P))
    4. HK USP. (Dont have that much experience with it personally, but i have shot one and loved it, and all reviews seem to be very good. HK makes a quality product)
    5. Browning Hi-Power (Classic, Proven Design. As much as i like 1911's, the Hi-power design is probably superior)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Sig P226 is by far my favorite pistol, maybe a Ruger P90. Let's face it those old Rugers were overbuilt and weigh a ton. I'll never sell mine for sure.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Personally I think the XD's, M&P's and Glocks are all equally reliable, but the XD's fit my hand the best; therefore they are the most reliable to me as I shoot them the best.

Top Bottom