• ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    1) To protect my self and loved ones.
    2) The 2nd ammendment protects that right. I also believe that one way to LOSE our rights is to become complacent about them. I own guns because I have a right to.
    3) It is very difficult to compete in U.S.P.S.A. sanctioned matches without one. :draw:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    1. Protection (self, loved ones, home...)
    2. Sporting (competition, and shooting for fun...)
    3. Obama doesn't want me to have guns

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    1 Because several years ago some idiot on 332 west of Muncie decided to try playing chicken with me. He was driving a new trans am. Me, my 500.00 s10. So I didn't let him run me off of the road. just kept going at the same speed. Turns out he didn't want to ding up his new car any more than I thought he would. He had a fit... stopped in front of me on the entrance ramp to I69, and thought I should exit my truck and fight him. I have a sneaking suspicion he was using a mind altering substance. I just went around and went on my way. Later it occured to me that the possibility really existed that some idiot or nut really could kill me and deprive my family of their dad/husband. That wasnt' acceptable, so I got a carry permit, and the rest is history.

2 Love to hunt and target shoot.

3 Just really like guns.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    1. Just because I can.
    2. Shooting and collecting is fun.
    3. To need and not have is much, much worse than to have and not need.

gunnerkc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Mishawaka
    To protect my family. To fight in case of a national emergency. Because I enjoy continually taking apart my guns and putting them together. I also find the workings of guns very interesting. Guns are also a source of entertainment ie. competition shooting.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I was blessed to be born in a country who's founders bravely provided a constitution to protect it's citizens God given rights. The right to arm themselves being only one of them.

John Moses Browning and men of lesser genius have created an array of firearms to meet the needs and wants of a free and self reliant people. And I have many wants I assure you. Some of which I can convince myself and more importantly my wife are needs.

When I shoot my dad's old .22 with my grandchildren. It is a true and real time machine. My grandchildren share a split second in time with a man they never knew. This is the magic of old guns. And the satisfaction of a good shot is the best of those shared moments. But the safe use and respect for the firearm is the real lesson and legacy. And it passes through the generations in the guise of an old beat up 22 rifle.

Top Bottom