• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine carries 2 for his G29. I carry 1 full size G17 mag with the 2 round extension for my G19 so it depends on how many mags you can fit on your body.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    There is a saying that I've seen a few times around here that makes a lot of sense. It goes something along the lines of:

I've never heard anyone say I wish I had less ammo.

I think that covers it, but realistically you are going to get tired of carrying around 10 fully loaded magazines everyday if that is the number you choose. Considering that the double magazine holder is pretty common I'd say 3 or 5 for a quad carrier is pretty "normal" with one in the magazine.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nobody knows how much ammo you're going to ever need. But it's always important to carry at least one spare mag. Be it for more ammo, a magazine malfunction, whatever.

Just carry at least one spare. The total number is up to you.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    How many mags is considered too many to carry for EDC? I carry one spare and feel as if i want another. Opinions...
    87 mags... :laugh:

As noted, the double mag is pretty common, maybe more so than the single mag pouch. So, not 'unusual' at all to carry 2 spares, and maybe that's even the 'norm', not sure.

Oh, and this 'should' be known and understood, but since this is INGO...

Make sure the spare mags and ammo fit the gun you're carrying. :lmfao:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    87 mags... :laugh:

As noted, the double mag is pretty common, maybe more so than the single mag pouch. So, not 'unusual' at all to carry 2 spares, and maybe that's even the 'norm', not sure.

Oh, and this 'should' be known and understood, but since this is INGO...

Make sure the spare mags and ammo fit the gun you're carrying. :lmfao:

You mean like the spare mag for my GP100?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Carry on you or near you? Depends on the gun, and the situation. On a normal day when you don't expect a riot, it's a different load and gun than a day you expect a riot. I might carry a shield with one spare mag for a malfunction on a spring day at the park. On a day that a controversial verdict is expected, in a city that is expected to go full L.A. riot over the verdict I might carry 30 rounders on me, in the vehicle a long gun with the same. If a situation makes you concerned enough to carry that much firepower, you should probably do every thing you can to be somewhere else.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Ifni carry my 229 9mm which I have started to since I got it a month ago I have the mag in the gun which is an 18 rounder. + one in pipe. And a spare mag which also holds 18 rounds. And another 17 rounder in center console of my truck. Carry as many as you want just carry extra rounds to be safe.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I tried to carry a double mag pouch but my pants kept falling down and looking all gangsta so I went back to one. This has been covered several times in the past. Most altercations are three shots or less if my memory serves me correctly. As others have said already one spare mag is the minimum in case of a malfunction.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    15+1 is all I carry. I've thought about carrying an extra mag just haven't gone through with it. But lets be honest, women get the advantage here. How much ammo can they carry? As much as their handbags allow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom