• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have drove midgets and spinters (non-winged) and they are a serious piece of equipment to master. I can not even imagine trying to run dirt under the influence......:WOW:

I like to go fast and all, but I prefer to see where I'm goin through the windshield, not out the passenger side window.;)

When I was a kid, a buddy's dad used to take us to Eldora at least once a year. That was back when you could bet on somebody named Kinser winning, and be right more often than not. I still don't think there is any kind of racing on 4 wheels that compares to a WoO race.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like to go fast and all, but I prefer to see where I'm goin through the windshield, not out the passenger side window.;)

When I was a kid, a buddy's dad used to take us to Eldora at least once a year. That was back when you could bet on somebody named Kinser winning, and be right more often than not. I still don't think there is any kind of racing on 4 wheels that compares to a WoO race.

I have been to Eldora with a friend and his winged sprinter. I love that place.
    Tony owns it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have thousands of laps around eldora in a winged sprinter cannot imagine doing it stoned

If I understand it correctly, Ward was a very established local racer. It was likely his regular practice to race stoned and the family had to know.

I wonder who is gonna sue them for what they have done to this sport and Tony Stewart?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have thousands of laps around eldora in a winged sprinter cannot imagine doing it stoned

That place looks like the wall of death motorcycle stunt in the turns.
    I wonder how many drunks make it to the infield without falling and sliding down the embankment on the track?

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    That place looks like the wall of death motorcycle stunt in the turns.
    I wonder how many drunks make it to the infield without falling and sliding down the embankment on the track?
    First few times I ran it was very intimadating and far as the drunks a few made it down the bank when the track was dry when it was wet none ever made it :-)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Apparently not...
    DA: Kevin Ward Jr. was under the influence of marijuana

...Later Wednesday, the Ward family indicated it was not satisfied with the decision to clear Stewart and said it will "pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin."

From the link..."Kevin Ward Jr. angrily gestured at Stewart's car as he walked down the banking of Canandaigua Motorsports Park under caution during an Aug. 9 race. He died of blunt force trauma from the impact with Stewart's car."....

BS... he didn't walk down the track, he ran.... and now High.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From the link..."Kevin Ward Jr. angrily gestured at Stewart's car as he walked down the banking of Canandaigua Motorsports Park under caution during an Aug. 9 race. He died of blunt force trauma from the impact with Stewart's car."....

BS... he didn't walk down the track, he ran.... and now High.....

He was more in an aggressive stance and zeroed on Tony car.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Later Wednesday, the Ward family indicated it was not satisfied with the decision to clear Stewart and said it will "pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin."

[video=youtube_share;Ek_4ADcA_Ik]http://youtu.be/Ek_4ADcA_Ik[/video]

[video=youtube_share;EvGJvzwKqg0]http://youtu.be/EvGJvzwKqg0[/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    This does look like a grab for money. If the lawsuit was to make sure something like this never happened again, they would be suing the racetrack, the chassis mfg. the designer of the racetrack, etc.............but they are not.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This does look like a grab for money. If the lawsuit was to make sure something like this never happened again, they would be suing the racetrack, the chassis mfg. the designer of the racetrack, etc.............but they are not.

If they want something like this to never happen again, the driver who wrecks should either stay in their car or go the opposite way of the racing line that is open.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    New York law does not allow the Ward family to collect damages for their own pain and suffering but does allow parents to recover loss of expected future support and care that their child could have provided.

Hopefully this doesn't go far at all. But this is an interesting law. So they say he COULD have been the next Jeff Gorda or Jimmy Johnson. Big money then.

I wonder if Tony will just cut a check and make it go away............nah. I doubt it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ward had marijuana in his system at the time of his death, Tantillo said when announcing the grand jury decision.

It will be interesting how the jury considers this aspect. Seems to me that Ward himself actually endangered everyone he was competing with.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hopefully this doesn't go far at all. But this is an interesting law. So they say he COULD have been the next Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson. Big money then.

I wonder if Tony will just cut a check and make it go away............nah. I doubt it.

Interesting, as typically at least in the US, there isn't a strong culture of kids providing for parents, especially these days.

Top Bottom