• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It will be interesting how the jury considers this aspect. Seems to me that Ward himself actually endangered everyone he was competing with.
    It very well may never make it to a jury, the undisputed facts are such that TS could potentially win on summary jugement. All depends on how NY's duty of care/assumption of risk doctrine works these days.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I hate it for the kids family, but having drugs in your system and getting out of your car running into the middle of the track is asking to be hit. So if I get doped up and run into the middle of 465 and get hit, can my family sue the driver that hits me? I don't see this going far, criminally if he was ruled innocent I expect a lawsuit to have similar outcomes.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "Five weeks before trial, Tony Stewart and the parents of Kevin Ward Jr. have told the court that they have reached a settlement to the wrongful-death lawsuit against the three-time NASCAR Cup champion. Judge David Hurd has set a settlement hearing April 12 for the sides to put the terms of the pending settlement on the record. A settlement would end the civil lawsuit filed about a year after Ward’s death Aug. 9, 2014, in an Empire Super Sprints race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park".

Five weeks before trial, Tony Stewart and the pare...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Five weeks before trial, Tony Stewart and the parents of Kevin Ward Jr. have told the court that they have reached a settlement to the wrongful-death lawsuit against the three-time NASCAR Cup champion. Judge David Hurd has set a settlement hearing April 12 for the sides to put the terms of the pending settlement on the record. A settlement would end the civil lawsuit filed about a year after Ward’s death Aug. 9, 2014, in an Empire Super Sprints race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park".

Five weeks before trial, Tony Stewart and the pare...

This should have never gotten this far.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tony is wealthy and depends on advertisers to continue his vocation. He cannot afford for these gold diggers to come out of the woodwork inappropriately. Hush money is necessary.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This is a really messed up situation. I feel bad for the dead guy's family. He did this to himself, and his family.

I feel for Tony too. Not a big fan, but for the video. it looks (and sounds) as if the engine didn't rev until after (or on) contact. This is 100% the result of a bad decision made in anger by the dead guy. Now, everybody else has to live with it.

Can't believe this crap is still going on... Dead guy was an idiot...

Nobody is responsible for their own actions these days...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's a shame that it has been allowed to drag on this long. Lile so many I have seen the video, been aroumd many forms of motorsports and Tony did nothing wrong. IMHO it has had an unfortunate lasting impact on Tony and I think it made him much more cautious. I also think he just wants to get it all behind him and move on. Sucks

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    It's a shame that it has been allowed to drag on this long. Lile so many I have seen the video, been aroumd many forms of motorsports and Tony did nothing wrong. IMHO it has had an unfortunate lasting impact on Tony and I think it made him much more cautious. I also think he just wants to get it all behind him and move on. Sucks

I doubt it would have gotten quite so far had not Tony's general attitude not been a factor. Unfortuantely for Tony, his reputation preceeded him.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe my outlook on this is too simple and it needs to be deeper for some reason, but I have a general rule. Get stoned and run in front of a moving car and bad things will happen at no fault of the car you ran in front of. But what do I know I’m not a lawyer.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is a really messed up situation. I feel bad for the dead guy's family. He did this to himself, and his family.

I feel for Tony too. Not a big fan, but for the video. it looks (and sounds) as if the engine didn't rev until after (or on) contact. This is 100% the result of a bad decision made in anger by the dead guy. Now, everybody else has to live with it.

Can't believe this crap is still going on... Dead guy was an idiot...

Nobody is responsible for their own actions these days...

Just the tire loosing traction from burning out on that dead guy. I've spun out on a few critters in my day.
    If he had lived, he probably would have been charged or at least penalized.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Just the tire loosing traction from burning out on that dead guy. I've spun out on a few critters in my day.
    If he had lived, he probably would have been charged or at least penalized.

That's what I was thinking. It's like hitting an animal... Plus the idiot's body is like hitting a big bump. Sometimes when you hit a big bump unexpectedly, your foot (on the gas) puts pressure on the pedal.

Still can't believe how this crap turns out.

1. Dead guy was high on pot while racing... (per toxicology report)
    2. Gets out of car after crash. (big no no)
    3. Charges into oncoming race cars on foot with road rage, causing his own death.
    4. Idiot's parents sue because their precious kid can do no wrong.
    5. Tony is settling a wrongful death suit.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what I was thinking. It's like hitting an animal... Plus the idiot's body is like hitting a big bump. Sometimes when you hit a big bump unexpectedly, your foot (on the gas) puts pressure on the pedal.

Still can't believe how this crap turns out.

1. Dead guy was high on pot while racing... (per toxicology report)
    2. Gets out of car after crash. (big no no)
    3. Charges into oncoming race cars on foot with road rage, causing his own death.
    4. Idiot's parents sue because their precious kid can do no wrong.
    5. Tony is settling a wrongful death suit.

Welcome to the new way.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yeah, tony was trying to be a good driver and sign autographs until the idiot harassed him. He could’ve done more to the guy also. Funny thing if Kevin ward would’ve saved it for the pits, he would still be here today. Most racers know you don’t go into the race line after a wreck.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom