• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    How cool that IU fans can complain about having three losses this deep into the season? If they were perfect, those same folks would be complaining about the margin of victory or assist to turnover ratio.

Even at their worst IU is still shooting better than those Keystones out in LA.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I best not weigh in on this one since I am an Illinois grad ... we have had our share of concerns with coaches and winning a big game.

Ain't that the truth? We had to suffer through Mike Davis and the legendary Kelvin Sampson. You guys were cursed with Lou (The Whining Illini) Henson, and Bruce (The Mouth-Breather) Weber.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Ain't that the truth? We had to suffer through Mike Davis and the legendary Kelvin Sampson. You guys were cursed with Lou (The Whining Illini) Henson, and Bruce (The Mouth-Breather) Weber.

All though I disliked Davis,

I think he coached them in a finals game.:D

And I think since Weber you have kinda stunk it up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    TC and IU lost a lot of close games early in his career to some good teams.
    Yesterdays game against a good team they stayed focused, kept the turnovers down, made the shots with the pressure on.
    Good Coaching goes a long way and even farther when the TEAM plays to the potential they're capable of playing.
    OR...maybe a coach knows what % effeciency his players are playing at with so many minutes or seconds left? "Even the best laid plans of mice or men"
    I'm a great monday morning quarterback and I'm sure none of my decisions will ever be wrong in hindsight.
    I bought a Ford Pinto, AMC Pacer, and a Cadillac with a 4100 motor. Who am I to judge Crean?
    It seems like he's done a pretty fair job compared to many coaches and teams around.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The coach is doing a pretty good job to me.
    Plus with the talent they have this year you would not expect the players to get burn't on a last second play when they don't guard there opponent.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The coach is doing a pretty good job to me.
    Plus with the talent they have this year you would not expect the players to get burn't on a last second play when they don't guard there opponent.

I question not shot faking and getting the foul on Craft and getting him out of the game early in the 4th. Yogi had several chances and didn't even try.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    MD did a lot of the recruiting not Knight.

So as an asst., he was able to get quality players but not as a coach? Or with a team that had been coached by Knight, he reached the final game. With teams coached by Davis, they managed season's such as 14-15 & 15-14?

I am sure he was a nice guy but seemingly could not win with his players/system. Crean is winning big with his players/system...

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    MD did a lot of the recruiting not Knight.

True he probably did do a lot of recruiting for Knight, but the players were coming to play for Knight not Davis. Davis was an awful coach, I don't know his exact record but was let go from UAB after 3 or 4 seasons as well.

Top Bottom