• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Guy's info is in my phone too, and I made sure that Sockmonkey put his info into hers. That way she can call him if I'm somehow jammed up and can't.

Remember, he only likes obcene phone calls on Friday nights.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Probably this one:

;)

Nice! I was wondering the same thing about our "state statue", along with the pro-active response to the event which occurred "September 12, 2102"...Don't they have anyone to proof read their official correspondence at the FWPD? :dunno:

I was also glad to hear the final outcome of the incident after Guy told us the story at the NRA Protection in the Home class that we took last weekend.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    The lawyer and I received an awesome letter from the FWPD. I am very happy with the response. If someone can post the actual pic of the letter, my computer skills are lacking. Here is the link:

https://acrobat.com/#d=np9WxzGGBnr1XknkSrUT1w

tdoggpage1.png
    tdoggpage2.png

Bravo!

This makes me all kinds of happy. Well done!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have a new found respect for the northern end of our fine state. Integrity floats to the surface!

Bravo!

I don't think we will see anything similar in the southern end. :(

I guess I should clarify. Anything similar in the actions of the EPoPo.

Last edited:

hardhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    NE Allen County
    I welcome the multitude of opinions and there is nothing wrong with a little controversy. I respect this and appreciate that I can enjoy the freedom of it. I guess it is an individual decision if you carry open or concealed. There are pros and cons and everybody decides by weighing it.
    I am fortunate to see both sides, as a citizen with the need to protect myself and my loved ones and also as a police officer who doesn't know you but can clearly see that you are armed. The questions is, how are we dealing with the situation. As long as I don't feel threatend by the fact that you carry openly and your actions don't create a situation that I would see as a tnreat, we should be able to get along pretty good. But keep in mind, that I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it and because you don't like cops. If that is actually your problem then I would suggest that next time you are in desperate need of help, just call your local crackhead and leave me alone.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I welcome the multitude of opinions and there is nothing wrong with a little controversy. I respect this and appreciate that I can enjoy the freedom of it. I guess it is an individual decision if you carry open or concealed. There are pros and cons and everybody decides by weighing it.
    I am fortunate to see both sides, as a citizen with the need to protect myself and my loved ones and also as a police officer who doesn't know you but can clearly see that you are armed. The questions is, how are we dealing with the situation. As long as I don't feel threatend by the fact that you carry openly and your actions don't create a situation that I would see as a tnreat, we should be able to get along pretty good. But keep in mind, that I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it and because you don't like cops. If that is actually your problem then I would suggest that next time you are in desperate need of help, just call your local crackhead and leave me alone.

Please. Strip away all the pleasantries and tell us how you really feel.

BTW, are you a FWPD Leo? One that maybe had a similar sitch to this thread?

Welcome to INGO. I'm super happy you decided to join us!

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Please let me know what I said..................

that sounded like I care! So I won't say it again!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is an exceptional and positive outcome. Well done on the part of the plaintiff, his attorney, and finally the Ft. Wayne Police Dept. This is exceptional not only because of their letter, but also in light of some of the messages posted about the issue of open carry on their forum over the last few years by people represented at Ft. Wayne police officers.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile

See Hardhit, here's the thing. There are some LEOs out there that "switch gears" the moment they see an openly carried handgun and create their own confrontations "just for the heck of it". Why do I say they create a confrontation "just for the heck of it"? Because the fact that someone is openly carrying a handgun and said LEO does not like seeing a private individual horning in on their supposed turf (the aforementioned openly carried handgun). Some LEOs seem to forget the fact that a private individual openly carrying a handgun, and is not in the process committing any crime, does not constitute creating said confrontation by said LEO.

Based upon what I've read on this board, it is my opinion that the vast majority of people here openly carry their handguns simply because it is what they wish to do. There may be an ulterior motive, there may not be. Who knows? It is also my opinion, again based on what I've read on this board, that some LEOs who see a private individual openly carrying their handgun, and then initiate contact without RAS, has an ulterior motive. And that is to harrass said private individual based solely on the fact that said individual is openly carrying their handgun.

So, IF you are the type of LEO that will initiate contact with a private individual who is openly carrying their handgun, and said individual is not in the process of committing a crime, just just so YOU can lecture them about how YOU don't like openly carried handguns or how YOU think handguns should be covered up, you have no right or reason to get butthurt over said private individual attempting to explain to you how wrong you are by making said contact. And, if attempting to explain to you how wrong you are makes the contact YOU initiated a confrontation, then enforce the law and not your opinion.

By the way, are you suggesting that you pick and choose who you help based upon whether or not the individual may or may not like LEOs?

Top Bottom