• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    This is an exceptional and positive outcome. Well done on the part of the plaintiff, his attorney, and finally the Ft. Wayne Police Dept. This is exceptional not only because of their letter, but also in light of some of the messages posted about the issue of open carry on their forum over the last few years by people represented at Ft. Wayne police officers.

You think Officer Joyner will finally get the message? :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I welcome the multitude of opinions and there is nothing wrong with a little controversy. I respect this and appreciate that I can enjoy the freedom of it. I guess it is an individual decision if you carry open or concealed. There are pros and cons and everybody decides by weighing it.
    I am fortunate to see both sides, as a citizen with the need to protect myself and my loved ones and also as a police officer who doesn't know you but can clearly see that you are armed. The questions is, how are we dealing with the situation. As long as I don't feel threatend by the fact that you carry openly and your actions don't create a situation that I would see as a tnreat, we should be able to get along pretty good. But keep in mind, that I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it and because you don't like cops. If that is actually your problem then I would suggest that next time you are in desperate need of help, just call your local crackhead and leave me alone.
    Here's a solution. How about not confronting a lawfully OC'ing citizen and hassling them or suggesting that their method of carry is illegal and if they don't cover up they could be subject to arrest or potentially have their LTCH revolked that way you should'nt have to worry about "switching gears" when they object to your unlawful orders.

If that sounds unreasonable to you then maybe you should look for another line of work.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    By the way, are you suggesting that you pick and choose who you help based upon whether or not the individual may or may not like LEOs?

I agree. The ideal should be equal protection under the law.
    That being said, if the tweakers are really getting to me, I welcome
    Hardhit's help.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I welcome the multitude of opinions and there is nothing wrong with a little controversy. I respect this and appreciate that I can enjoy the freedom of it. I guess it is an individual decision if you carry open or concealed, but Bryan Ciyou & I personally recommend concealed. There are pros and cons and everybody decides by weighing it.
    I am fortunate to see both sides, as a citizen with the need to protect myself and my loved ones and also as a police officer who doesn't know you but can clearly see that you are armed and will now be judged by me based on my personal beliefs instead of actual law. The questions is, how are we dealing with the situation. As long as I don't feel threatend by the fact that you carry openly and your actions don't create a situation that I would see as a threat, we should be able to get along pretty good, unless I decide to harass you based on a personal opinion and attempt to enforce a law that does not exist. But keep in mind, that I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it, even though I know it's due to my harassment in violation of your rights and because you don't like cops (Which I have already decided while meeting you for the first time ever, because I'm really more of a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of Officer). If that is actually your problem then I would suggest that next time you are in desperate need of help, just call your local crackhead and leave me alone, because my job allows me to assist whomever I choose and enforce my personal beliefs as the law.

Let's just be honest, this is what you really meant to say. ^^

For the record, I ACTUALLY LIKE AND RESPECT MOST POLICE OFFICERS
    I have considered going through the academy myself.

What I don't like is people who don't do their job properly, lie to me, and then try to screw me over because of it. I am very grateful for the FWPD for owning up to their mistakes. I hope this does not happen again and should not if the actual law is enforced and not personal beliefs of officers.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    hardhit - Welcome to INGO -

Please lay off the sprinkles and try a nice Raised Glazed :):

I know - that you know better than your post.
    I.A. covered their butts per lawyers suggestions and it was dropped - Cold.

Chief Rusty does NOT push the Anti-OC agenda in Fort Wayne like some other departments do out there. He knows damn well the legalities of carry choices as do you. Hoping that the OPs SNAFU was just an isolated incident with an officer from your department.

The questionable departments choose to take their own personal beliefs and teach them as a "faux law" to their staff. Whether it's a rouge Lt., Sgt. or just some patrolmen with a cause, they ARE going to be educated by well informed citizens. One at a time if need be.

Don't citizen bash.:)

Next time I'm in New Haven, I'll by you a dozen.

tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    I would really like to know what kind of response you receive from the FWPD. I enjoy hearing about these stories...it definitely helps educate people on this matter.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Because there might be a time when police and citizens will work together.

Police_Academy_4_film.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well done TD and Guy. I would say this is an ideal outcome.

Ideal for TD because he got what he wanted, for Guy because he got TD what he wanted, for all of us because we are seeing a PD take action to fix the hecklers on the force and for the taxpayers who didn't have to pay for the LEO's screw up.

Way to go TD! You stood up for all of us and I appreciate it.

Rep inbound. As soon as I Obama it around some first!

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    hardhit - Welcome to INGO -

Please lay off the sprinkles and try a nice Raised Glazed :):

I know - that you know better than your post.
    I.A. covered their butts per lawyers suggestions and it was dropped - Cold.

Chief Rusty does NOT push the Anti-OC agenda in Fort Wayne like some other departments do out there. He knows damn well the legalities of carry choices as do you. Hoping that the OPs SNAFU was just an isolated incident with an officer from your department.

The questionable departments choose to take their own personal beliefs and teach them as a "faux law" to their staff. Whether it's a rouge Lt., Sgt. or just some patrolmen with a cause, they ARE going to be educated by well informed citizens. One at a time if need be.

Next time I'm in New Haven, I'll by you a dozen.
    I couldn't agree more. Great post.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I welcome the multitude of opinions and there is nothing wrong with a little controversy. I respect this and appreciate that I can enjoy the freedom of it. I guess it is an individual decision if you carry open or concealed. There are pros and cons and everybody decides by weighing it.
    I am fortunate to see both sides, as a citizen with the need to protect myself and my loved ones and also as a police officer who doesn't know you but can clearly see that you are armed. The questions is, how are we dealing with the situation. As long as I don't feel threatend by the fact that you carry openly and your actions don't create a situation that I would see as a tnreat, we should be able to get along pretty good. But keep in mind, that I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it and because you don't like cops. If that is actually your problem then I would suggest that next time you are in desperate need of help, just call your local crackhead and leave me alone.

Gladly, you sound like you have a serious attitude problem. You need to grow up.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Gladly, you sound like you have a serious attitude problem. You need to grow up.

Or hunt other work. Hardhit, I hope you're just havin a bad day. This is a good group here and we work to keep this type of conversation factual and civil. Friendly if possible. Some work harder than others. :rolleyes: The three threads I've seen you start or ad to today haven't lead me to believe that you're here to help. :dunno:Well considered words will get better results usually. Ease up on the attitude and there will be less abuse and more friendly conversations. You didn't really come here just for the abuse, didja?:draw:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I switch gears the moment you are becoming confrontational just for the heck of it and because you don't like cops.

Let me translate that from cop talk to regular-guy talk...

Becoming confrontational = Knows rights better than cop and stands up for them

you don't like cops = See definition to "becoming confrontational"

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is also my opinion, again based on what I've read on this board, that some LEOs who see a private individual openly carrying their handgun, and then initiate contact without RAS, has an ulterior motive. And that is to harrass said private individual based solely on the fact that said individual is openly carrying their handgun.
    And then there are those LEOs whose legal education ended the day they graduated ILEA, as if the laws they were tasked with enforcing were suddenly locked in and immune to repeal, reform, or replacement.
    They taught me in the academy that you can't carry a gun like that, therefore now, 12 years later, it must still be true, blah, blah, blah. You're obviously a criminal because you're carrying openly in an OWB holster, even though the vast majority of criminals don't carry openly in an OWB holster, blah, blah, blah. You must be up to no good because you're not snapping to and immediately obeying my every whim and command and are instead getting confrontational by quoting something you claim to be the law with specific citations and expecting me to believe a single word out of your lying, criminal mouth.

Last edited:

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I was once told by a local sheriff that open carry was illegal as I was getting out of my truck at a gas station. I happened to be in a not so good mood and informed him he was wrong in the politest way possible. He then gave me a dirty look and ran the plates on my then project truck, then insisted on giving me the evil eye. It probably would have been different had he walked up to me instead of calling out to me over his cruiser, in a slightly crowded gas station parking lot.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How the heck does a n00b with 7 posts get THAT much Rep? :dunno:

CCer's throwing down the rep to him, rabid cc's can't wrap their head around the fact that open carry does not make you a target for being the first one shot, or a 5 year old little girl stealing your oc'd firearm.:D

BTW, at the NFA Noob day yesterday, there was a 5 year old running around, and no sidearms had any attempt to be pilfered by her, although I think VUPDVlue would have tanned her little rear had she tried.:laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom