Today's the day I get to meet my first son.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Wife had the baby at 7:08 am. They are doing good. He weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 21 inches long.

I will add a few pictures when I run home tonight. I'm not able to upload pictures on my phone right now.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's very much appreciated.

That's a good, healthy size! My daughter just had my first grandbaby, a girl, 7lbs 10 oz , 21 inches long. I was there for the delivery, it was awesome, amazing and awful all at the same time. ;)

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    Congrats and follow this advice. You have years and years and years to be with the baby.

However, It seems that you turn around twice and he will be married and gone. I miss taking the .22s out in the woods and popping balloons.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Congrats OP! Our son is 3 now and with my new schedule I get a lot more time with him. It's fantastic, and his 2 older sisters aren't bad either. Lol Enjoy his youth because like already said it goes fast!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Our twins are three months old now and yes, kids are the best thing that could ever happen to a person. Congrats and enjoy every moment. And yes, sleep while you can!

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I still have yet to sleep. As I was laying down in the uncomfortable pullout recliner bed thing, my sisters came in, so I had to get back up. So hopefully he sleeps good tonight or I don't hear him haha. So far he hasn't cried a whole lot. And his cry isnt loud and ear bleeding type scream so I'm happy for that.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    24655043754_2efa93a98b_c.jpg

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Congratulations on your new addition! Just wait till you load him into his car seat to head home and suddenly wish you could clear the roads and have full bumpers all the way around the car! Welcome to one of life's most interesting adventures...and like others have said, sleep when you can.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Congratulations Pops. Nothing like a new person added to the couple. Isn't it amazing that all this started from a first look from that special person you married. With the addition of this little guy you are a family. Enjoy.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Congrats! What an awesome moment in your family's life. As mention up thread, grab a nap when you can. You will appreciate it later!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    congratulations! Welcome to being the third most important person in your family. The longer you voluntarily occupy that position the better your life will be.

Yes, he will pee on you and your wife. Yes, it will be hilarious and you should laugh at each other, even if you're tired. Leave a wipe or diaper on him during changes. Something about nice cool air really seems to relax the bladder...

Top Bottom