Today's the day I get to meet my first son.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Handsome boy, Ryan! Now you and Mama Sams get some rest.
    Thank you very much.

Last night was rough. Got about 3 hours of sleep. I think the wife got less. We had the nursery take him about 11 after he ate. They brought him back around 2 saying he was hungry. He wouldn't eat much and was just crying. Diaper was good. This morning he wouldnt eat much again. I'm thinking be don't like the lanolin on my wife. We gave him 20ml formula in a bottle and he ate that fine.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thank you very much.

Last night was rough. Got about 3 hours of sleep. I think the wife got less. We had the nursery take him about 11 after he ate. They brought him back around 2 saying he was hungry. He wouldn't eat much and was just crying. Diaper was good. This morning he wouldnt eat much again. I'm thinking be don't like the lanolin on my wife. We gave him 20ml formula in a bottle and he ate that fine.

Breastfeeding can be hard to adjust to for both mom and the baby. Give it some time and keep working at it. It is worth it. She is going to get sore, and until her milk comes in, it can really be frustrating but the more he nurses, the sooner her milk will come in. Stimulation helps. Be prepared when it comes in though...she's going to be VERY uncomfortable! Trust me...It may have been almost 26 years ago when I first experienced that, but I will NEVER forget that.

disclaimer: I really am only 29...just had my daughter when I was VERY young. Soon we will be the same age. :)

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Breastfeeding can be hard to adjust to for both mom and the baby. Give it some time and keep working at it. It is worth it. She is going to get sore, and until her milk comes in, it can really be frustrating but the more he nurses, the sooner her milk will come in. Stimulation helps. Be prepared when it comes in though...she's going to be VERY uncomfortable! Trust me...It may have been almost 26 years ago when I first experienced that, but I will NEVER forget that.

disclaimer: I really am only 29...just had my daughter when I was VERY young. Soon we will be the same age. :)

She keeps on working at it. I can see how much pain she is in and feel bad. But I am happy she is keeping on with it.
    Mom and baby should be going home today. Baby's doctor gave him the ok to discharge him. Just waiting for the wife's doctor to come in. Last night was much better than the first. We both got some good sleep. The nursery had him from 12 to about 630 this morning. Just hoping her doctor will come soon.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Congrats! Its the best feeling in the world being a dad! Props to all the breastfeeding moms out there. I cant imagine how rough that would be but the health benefits for your child are outstanding. My wife has done it for our two children and I proud of her for it. Not much we can do as a man when it comes to that part so i just always emotionally supported her all the way. They need all the support they can get post partum. When i went back to work i would text or call her 20 - 30 times in an 8 hour day just to make sure she was ok and let her know I was there for her.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Congratulations to you and mom, my wife and I just welcomed our first (boy) 6 months ago. Its been fun, frustrating, exhausting, comical, and joyus all together so far. Glad to hear all are healthy and doing well. :yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    afae469a867f7537f530ab18460b41b9.jpg

47664848.jpg

Top Bottom