Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I commented a week or so ago about me and 5 other guys going to Fort Wayne together to pick up trucks. One was positive and got sick that night and is still sick. A couple of us had some symptoms of covid and each one of us was tested. One guy ended up having strep, one tested negative twice and told it’s just a cold and I tested negative and was told it seemed more like allergies and was told to take mucinex, allergy medicine and nasal spray at the same time. My symptoms were gone the next morning.
    so 6 guys in the same truck for two hours and one was positive. But none of the rest of us got it. No masks were worn.
    I personally think this is a flaw in testing. Either the one was a false positive or 3 (5?) false negatives. JMHO.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I commented a week or so ago about me and 5 other guys going to Fort Wayne together to pick up trucks. One was positive and got sick that night and is still sick. A couple of us had some symptoms of covid and each one of us was tested. One guy ended up having strep, one tested negative twice and told it’s just a cold and I tested negative and was told it seemed more like allergies and was told to take mucinex, allergy medicine and nasal spray at the same time. My symptoms were gone the next morning.
    so 6 guys in the same truck for two hours and one was positive. But none of the rest of us got it. No masks were worn.

This is solid evidence that trucks are better than cars.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Were you wearing a cloth, surgical, or n95 type?
    I know none of this is hard evidence, but I also ‘believe’ (paging jamil) we are being lied to/mislead by our ‘leaders’ in multiple directions and since I am free to base my beliefs off of whatever I choose, I choose this kind of evidence.

It’s funny (maybe depressing) watching these arguments mostly from the sidelines and seeing people use such faulty logic to support what they only want to be the truth.
    I wear a 3-ply disposable surgical mask with metal nose pieces and form them so that my glasses don't fog. Over the top I wear yowee/neck gaiter that seals the sides of the mask flush against my face. This rig "passes" the vape test that many have posted a video here in these threads.

81lIfcWUa1L._AC_UX385_.jpg

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    So if I understand this correctly....

Wear your mask because the testing is showing the virus is spreading.
    Wear your mask because a DJ infected 6 people while pre/asymptomatic.
    Multiple couples where one spouse will get it, but not the other.
    Five guys in a truck for two hours, one had it, no one else did, and tested negative after.
    Well, the testing must be flawed.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So if I understand this correctly....

Wear your mask because a DJ infected 6 people while pre/asymptomatic.
    Multiple couples where one spouse will get it, but not the other.
    Five guys in a truck for two hours, one had it, no one else did, and tested negative after.
    Well, the testing must be flawed.
    DJ was pre-sympomatic... he did develop symptomatic COVID positive.

Asymptomatic is COVID positive, with no symptoms... ever.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had my annual physical Monday, asked my Dr. ( GP with about 20 - 25 years experience) if he knew of any scientific study that demonstrated that the cheap masks we wear were of any benefit for Covid-19.
    He ramped up a bit, talked about all of the diseases that he had seen without mask mandates and used the words "political bull ****" and "F#$&ing Fauci"
    Sounds exactly like my Dr. I like him.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Categorically wrong. Wearing a mask to keep oneself from spreading a disease is unrelated to government censorship.
    The concept of "prior restraint", while usually applied to the First Amendment, is not strictly limited to such application.

Also, can you really not conceive of refusing to take a particular action in protest -- whether mandated or strongly encouraged -- as a speech issue?

Your thoughts on what a thing should be do not necessarily make it so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom