• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You can do whatever you want. If you wanna sit in the Walmart parking lot dressed like bo peep and preach to the other sheep, have at it, I won’t stop you, but I’ll do what I want... and that doesn’t include wearing a mask. I haven’t wore one and I won’t. Haven’t been sick yet. If I do get sick, I’ll take my 99% chance.
    99.7%

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is the concept of water vapor expiration(and the bugs that ride it) that hard to understand?
    Apparently it is for Kirk. He seems to believe it never happened prior to Covid. Point being, humans have always expelled saliva droplets when they speak. That being the case, when will masks ever not be necessary (for him)? When all colds and flu have been eliminated (not going to happen)? I must presume that he will wear a mask for eternity now that he has a sudden concern for his fellow man.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Apparently it is for Kirk. He seems to believe it never happened prior to Covid. Point being, humans have always expelled saliva droplets when they speak. That being the case, when will masks ever not be necessary (for him)? When all colds and flu have been eliminated (not going to happen)? I must presume that he will wear a mask for eternity now that he has a sudden concern for his fellow man.
    Where does he imply it didn't occur? It just hasn't carried this much of a risk in the last one hundred years.

Let's not do the "colds and flu vs. COVID-19", please.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Didn’t your mom teach you to not to spit? Or to cough or sneeze into your hand or crook of your arm like all of ours did when we were like... three? Hang on, let me roll over and ask her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really? You want to go there? Not cool.

One cannot control when and where they spit, sneeze or cough. That is why we wear the mask not to spit on each other.

Why is this such a hard concept? This is a novel virus that bubbled out of the ground and we are not ready for it.

Why cannot we envision wearing a mask as protection of the community like carrying a gun?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe when we get on top of a novel virus that has killed 500,000 of our countrymen and devastated the economy?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where does he imply it didn't occur? It just hasn't carried this much of a risk in the last one hundred years.

Let's not do the "colds and flu vs. COVID-19", please.
    At what point does one decide that the risk is acceptable, and with whom does that decision lie? The mask mandate is being lifted, so someone somewhere is saying that the risk will be acceptable after April 6th, at least at the state level.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe when we get on top of a novel virus that has killed 500,000 of our countrymen and devastated the economy?
    On top of it how?

Vaccinations? Done.

Time? Done.

Research? Done.

At some point it either goes back to normal or you have to ask yourself, is this all BS? A 99% survival rating and you’re acting like this? I feel for you if something actually serious happens.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At what point does one decide that the risk is acceptable, and with whom does that decision lie? The mask mandate is being lifted, so someone somewhere is saying that the risk will be acceptable after April 6th, at least at the state level.
    Yeah, that's a key function of a government - to deal with pandemics. And per our state laws, that lies with the governor.

And yes, the mandate is being lifted. Isn't what we've all be asking for? Don't we all agree that it's time? One of the key metrics is ICU bed supply. Isn't that the primary reason for restrictions, to prevent overloading the healthcare system?

So, now the case loads are coming down, it's unlikely to see an overload, so mandates can be lifted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, that's a key function of a government - to deal with pandemics. And per our state laws, that lies with the governor.

And yes, the mandate is being lifted. Isn't what we've all be asking for? Don't we all agree that it's time? One of the key metrics is ICU bed supply. Isn't that the primary reason for restrictions, to prevent overloading the healthcare system?

So, now the case loads are coming down, it's unlikely to see an overload, so mandates can be lifted.
    But Kirk is advocating continued mask wearing even after the mandate is lifted. You know, so we don't "spit" on each other.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On top of it how?

Vaccinations? Done.

Time? Done.

Research? Done.

At some point it either goes back to normal or you have to ask yourself, is this all BS? A 99% survival rating and you’re acting like this? I feel for you if something actually serious happens.
    It is going back to normal. Every day Indiana has more and more good news and Inshallah INGO is spitting on computer screens and pounds on desks.

The history of Indiana is replete with pandemics. You can hold your breath and stamp your feet and scream about your rights but it always takes time to fizzle out and the federal and state Constitutions are arranged to deal with sweeping pandemics. We as a society are fat, lazy and spoiled as this has not happened in decades. We weren't ready and got caught flat footed and thus reverted to moronic conspiracy theories to fill the gap.

We will get there, but to have the gun culture take its medical advice from Alex Jones and Rick Martin is insane.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

My argument was not whether or not it was the government's function.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But Kirk is advocating continued mask wearing even after the mandate is lifted. You know, so we don't "spit" on each other.
    No, I'm not. The Gov's order expires April 6th. Once Holcomb's order is over then it reverts (where it should have been always, I believe) to the counties.

The standard for say White County should be far, far different than Marion County. Looks like poor little Blackford County is still problematic but based on the population (non) density that could just be one restaurant or family, lol.:D

Personally I am half way vaxed so I will continue to wear a mask so I do not spit, unintentionally, on the members of my kwoon, my fellow Lafayette residents in the grocery or the jail or wherever I go.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When? When we all stop exhaling saliva droplets? Because you know, that's still going to be happening, just as it did before and during Covid.
    Now, have you seen the map. We are nearly all blue. Blackford County, which is like 12 people and that dog over there, is still orange but that is likely based on a hyper-local outbreak.

Vaccinations are climbing rapidly. The Gov's mandate expires on 4/06 and then back to the counties where it should be (or could be if certain people were not raging on social media and posting guns and constitutions, geez).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, I'm not. The Gov's order expires April 6th. Once Holcomb's order is over then it reverts (where it should have been always, I believe) to the counties.

The standard for say White County should be far, far different than Marion County. Looks like poor little Blackford County is still problematic but based on the population (non) density that could just be one restaurant or family, lol.:D

Personally I am half way vaxed so I will continue to wear a mask so I do not spit, unintentionally, on the members of my kwoon, my fellow Lafayette residents in the grocery or the jail or wherever I go.
    But after the mandate is lifted, there will still be people that are getting Covid. So what level of risk is acceptable to you? Some of us think that the risk is acceptable now. It has nothing to do with that assinine "Mye ryeeeeets" BS.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Really? You want to go there? Not cool.

One cannot control when and where they spit, sneeze or cough. That is why we wear the mask not to spit on each other.

Why is this such a hard concept? This is a novel virus that bubbled out of the ground and we are not ready for it.

Why cannot we envision wearing a mask as protection of the community like carrying a gun?
    In a free country, 99.7% of the population bears no responsibility to endure discomfort for the .3%. It didn't bubble up out of the ground either, it came out of a US funded (in violation of law) lab in China.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But after the mandate is lifted, there will still be people that are getting Covid. So what level of risk is acceptable to you? Some of us think that the risk is acceptable now. It has nothing to do with that assinine "Mye ryeeeeets" BS.

Risk is a function of probability, severity of outcome.

We are rapidly gaining vaccinations. We are rapidly losing the rate of infections and deaths. Plenty of hospital beds are available and new treatments coming on line and on the horizon weekly.

The virus is a MFer and does not keep a schedule (that it tell us about) but even without us doing anything (but getting sick and dying) it will mutate to something less than its current lethality rate.

Assuming arguendo no new waves, I don't think 6 months is out of the picture to complete normality in all 92 counties.

Top Bottom