• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    If you've ever had the flu, even your hair hurts, even if you don't have any. I got the Fluzone (4x) shot last week and suffered no side effects*

*I don' think the bleeding from my eyes is related.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you've ever had the flu, even your hair hurts, even if you don't have any. I got the Fluzone (4x) shot last week and suffered no side effects*

*I don' think the bleeding from my eyes is related.

On the bright side, if you survive that little Ebola infection, you'll be immune. To that particular strain.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I wish I had the option... one of the downsides of being in the military I suppose, they give shots out like candy.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    You could easily apply that same logic to every pharmaceutical produced, including over the counter. And most food products as well.

That's why I don't take any medicine ever not even Tylenol. Except when I was a kid and mom gave me chewable I had no choice then. Prescription drugs are a major killer of Americans.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I mentioned this in my first post, but I can't stress it enough. I think a lot of people think they've had "the flu" until they really get it - I know I did. It is debilitating in a way unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I think most people who say the shot "gave them the flu" don't know what the real flu truly is. I do feel like crap for days after the shot because the immune system is activated by it, but that is a LONG way from the real flu.

You are inappropriately conflating probabilities here. 100% ineffective does not mean one gets the flu. The chance somebody gets the flu is equal to the chance they are exposed to it times the chance their immune system can't fight it off. That chance is improved by the presence of effective antibodies, from vaccination or previous exposure. The 60% stat is the chance that any strain you might be exposed to was NOT in the cocktail of the shot you took; it's the chance the shot itself will do nothing for you.

Sure, the 40% chance the shot will do something can be valuable, but only if the chance of exposure is high enough. If the chance of exposure is low, that multiplication of probabilities means your overall chance of getting the disease is still low - shot or no shot.

Dang all this math to .... but no shot for me still

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Amazing. You must be doing a great job in the dental hygiene department. There are not to many photographs of you either I'll bet.
    No shot for me. I don't trust. I'll pass
    4 years no flu shot and no flu for years before that.

30 years no visit to the dentist and in 30 years no cavities go figure.
    The best thing is no dental records for me.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    The old lady and I got our shots today! CVS takes our insurance and completed in 5-minutes.

I never get the Flu ... Ahhh.... Ahhhhhh... Choooo

Well almost never.!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If you ever really had the flu over a bad cold you'd get the shot even at 60%. I had the London Flu back when I was a chid and nearly died. Flu is no joke and it isn't what most folks call the flu either. The Spanish Flu killed millions and people seem not to care ut the fu can be a very serious thing.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    To Flu Shot Or Not ???

I'm normally not one to get the annual flu shot. I don't remember that last time I had the flu? :dunno:
    I have had the shot a couple random times in recent years due to specific concerns (scares.) I did this not necessarily for myself but moreover as a concern for carrying a contagion to my grandchildren.

One of the FNC TV doctors over the weekend suggested the flu shot this year to avoid flu symptoms that might mimic ebola. What say INGOers on this mentality?

I never get one. My GF just got one and she always feels like crap for about a week. She works in an hospital so has to get one.

I haven't been sick since 2009. Before that I used to get a bad cold every year and the flu once in awhile. I think I had H1N1 in 2009 and have not been sick since.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    No , Flu Shot , no way . Never had a Flu shot , and it,s about your immune system being strong ,like bull . Get a good Probiotic , like Natren Healthy Trinity , take it every day ,and the odds will be strongly in your favor . I am 64, been taking Healthy Trinity for 12 years never had so much as a cold . Better then filling your guts with the crap in those shots .

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    No , Flu Shot , no way . Never had a Flu shot , and it,s about your immune system being strong ,like bull . Get a good Probiotic , like Natren Healthy Trinity , take it every day ,and the odds will be strongly in your favor . I am 64, been taking Healthy Trinity for 12 years never had so much as a cold . Better then filling your guts with the crap in those shots .

Tell me again how a probiotic will prevent a viral infection...?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

This.

I just don't get it. Although I have been getting a flu shot for 10-15 years and have never felt any different afterward, I would rather have a few days of feeling like crap than the ten days of coughing, fever, delerium, and pain so bad I wanted to die that happened before I started getting the shots.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

This.

I just don't get it. Although I have been getting a flu shot for 10-15 years and have never felt any different afterward, I would rather have a few days of feeling like crap than the ten days of coughing, fever, delerium, and pain so bad I wanted to die that happened before I started getting the shots.

Extra bugs in your gut are MAGIC. Like drinking "colloidal silver."

Top Bottom