• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Now, with what you have said, a couple points. Benghazi happened, and the same thing has happened under Dubya Bush, yet no Republican or Democrat batted an eye. I really do feel like Republicans in congress are just throwing anything they can because they legitimately want Obama to fail. Now I don't know about you, or anyone else here, but I don't want my president to fail.

I could not agree more. I really believe that the core of many Republican arguments against President Obama's actions and policies is purely political. I am not a political historian, but I believe that one will find vilification of opposing political parties going all the way back to the founding of this great country of ours. Sure I think things like Benghazi and the IRS scandal are bad, but in my opinion they in no way rise to the level of outright hatred of President Obama that many people feel. I think President Obama has done for more good for this country than bad, and I believe that history will reflect that as well.

I love my country, I love my rights, and I am proud to be a citizen. I respect and honor my president no matter who it is and no matter what political party they belong to, and I wish every single proud American felt the same way. Sure I have disagreed with some policies of every president I can remember, but that does not stop me from honoring and respecting the position. I believe in and support every American's right of free speech, and to be able to disagree with the president as they see fit. It just seems some of the most vile outright hatred being directed at the president is unfair and, in my opinion, verges on being unpatriotic.

I am an independent thinker and as such consider myself as a political independent, but I find myself consistently siding with the Democratic agenda because it more closely matches my views than the Republican agenda does. I would probably be more centrist than that, but the Republican stance on some social issues repulses me. I personally think that the controversy around social issues will continue to fragment the Republican party, and unfortunately that will result in less opportunity for Republicans to advance their non-social agenda. I do believe the Republican party could benefit from some serious self reflection.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why are all these newer members on here saying well yep I support and love my president no matter what color of a dump he's takin on my countries constitution and wellp if he tells me the sky is green imma gonta believe it because that's my president and the govt would surely never lie to us citizens.

You know what? If you wanna try and blow smoke up your own behind and pretent that its a smurfing fantastic ****ing day then go right ahead and fool yourself. But don't get on here and tell ME the same lies your telling yourself because it just isn't gonna work and I'm done putting up with it and sure have your own damn opinion but when it causes you to support a traitor to my country then go pound sand and I do not support or respect your opinion and your wrong. Period. Not gonna sit here and listen to it.
    I you support Obama your a terrible American!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    As stated previously, we're not a two party system anymore, we're a one party system that acts as two divisions to ensure no real transfer of power occurs. What makes me really sad is the fact that they prey on the fears of the uneducated and weak minded. The two "parties" are nothing more than mouth pieces for extremism. They go out fear monger, preach hardline left and right agendas and when they get in office follow through on maybe 10% of the bile they spewed to seem like the less offensive person to elect. As for the things OHbama is going through right now, well, you reap what you sow. He sowed distrust and lies he's going to reap a distrustful public who won't buy into his lies anymore. The same thing happened to Dubya.

On a completely unrelated side note I saw one of those DHS armored vehicles a couple days ago.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Only if 2 is the largest number you can comprehend.

:laugh:

according to this little test, I'm an upwing extremist

90_90.png

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Obama is a fraud, do I want him to fail? YES. Anyone that thinks he is anything other than a Marxist/Communist, needs to have their head examined. You can take your hope and change, and stick it where the sun doesn't shine........

I'll stop before I get hit with the ban hammer.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I would hope that only democrats reply to this, if there are any on here.....

What was your idea of hope and change? Was it the IRS screwing over american citizens? Was it democrats lying about the death of americans in Benghazi? Was it Obamacare which now costs DOUBLE? Was it being fined if you dont pay for health care? Was it stopping oil production in our country? Was it to have your elected reps try to take all your guns away? Was it to keep gitmo open? Was it everything you hoped for? I honestly want to know if you are happy with what you voted for.

WOW! A libertarian circle jerk! Can I play? Woke up too early, checked e-mail, cleaned up an old rarely used acct (which I give out when I don't want to be bothered with junk). Checked CNN for the latest trivial happenings, then google fu'd some auto dealer inventory to not find what I was looking for and tried a 'live chat' where the guy checked inventory for me and found nada but tried to get my info 'just-in-case.' Then I came here which I do with decreasing frequency and found this thread.
    To answer your question, All of the above, and yes, I'm happy for what I voted for if only because this president appeals to my sense of skepticism about how Washington works, and can appeal to my sense of reason. IRS scam? Most of these groups don't deserve tax free status and that should apply to either side of the aisle. Benghazi wasn't pretty, but not a deal breaker. Obamacare tries to solve a shameful problem for a first world country. We already pay for everyone's healthcare whether we realize it or not. Let's make everyone contribute that can. Being prez is a tough job. Dealing with legislators in districts that have been gerrymandered into partisan enclaves makes compromise impossible, and short term interests prime e.g., getting re-elected. Has he made mistakes, yes! Is he trying to do the right thing? Yes. Does he speak to me like an adult? Yes. Is he a great politician? No! He doesn't use his power to sway the opposition. Is he aloof and entitled? I would say he doesn't stoop to the game and this works against him for getting his policies through (he's no LBJ). He's more professorial than confrontational. There's a little there for everyone to like/hate. Got Osama, NSA snooping, stayed out of wars that are unwinnable, etc. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I really believe what I'm saying. I could stay out of this, but what fun is it just talking to yerselves.......OK, I'm done. Shoot me. :D

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Obama's crap sandwich is so good.

I liken it to a woman that keeps going back for another thumping from her BF/husband. Addicts that blame everyone else and tell you how good what they are doing is.

Politization of every aspect of government is what is going on.

Chicago politics at its finest.

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    A Democrat is a Republicans best friend and vice versa. Get over the two party system and realize it is a corrupt ONE party system designed to keep those already in power there and those who would seek to balance the system out.

Exactly. Canidates from both parties are both funded and pushed by the same corrupt bankers. They keep the country fighting over the small issues while their is agend is rammed through(via GW Bush, Obama, and the likes)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obama's crap sandwich is so good.

I liken it to a woman that keeps going back for another thumping from her BF/husband. Addicts that blame everyone else and tell you how good what they are doing is.

Politization of every aspect of government is what is going on.

Chicago politics at its finest.

And we have a winner folks^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Life is a crap sandwich from the start. All we can do is pick our condiments to make it edible. The current electorate must not have any taste buds left as they prefer the sandwich naked on dry stale bread.

I am a political agnostic as I do not believe in any of them anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom