Tired of any firearm bashing, it's just plain stupid....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Michiana
    Well said, Redskinsfan!

BTW, I've been with my beloved Hogs since 1976 (actually I think the Hogs name came about in 1983 or so) . Still watch EVERY game I can. Years ago I used to run into a couple of the 'Skins players every now and then at church. Monk, Green, and one other guy I can't recall right now.

True 'Skins fans hate Dallas, the Giants, the Eagles, and Dallas... :-)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    After my involvement in a few on these threads, Iv been mulling this issue over in my head for a few days now. I think there are several universal statements that we can make as a result of our experiences and debates here:

* Every brand and price range of firearm has its niche market.

* Every brand is CAPABLE of producing a firearms that functions reliably.

* You should buy the best gun you can afford.

* Inexpensive price doesn't AUTOMATICALY make a gun trash.

We have a lot of people saying that X brand is trash because they had one individual gun that developed Y problem, and based on that experience they would not buy an X brand gun again, and neither should you.

* A few Individual experiences should be duely noted, but do not compile sufficient evidence to denegrate a brand name.

* Anecdotes that do NOT include first hand personal experience are hear-say, and as such should not be allowed to sway your opinion of any brand or model.

Here is where we run into problems. Some poeple want to say that "Any gun is a good gun, and you shouldn't bash anyones choice of gun". There is some good and some bad to this statement:

* It is TRUE that we should not be bashing anyone for buying X brand. Bashing is childish, rude, and unprofessional.

* Saying that "every gun is a good gun" is like saying that "everyone is special": not only is it a false statment which flys in the face of the definition of "special", but it takes away the meaning behind that hard work and dedication that many manufacturors put into their product in order to stand out in the crowd.

* There ARE bad guns out there, and they are for sale at many a gun shop. These guns have their purpose, but defence of family, life, and property are not it. They are great for plinking or collecting, but not for serious work. HONEST shop owners will inform their customers of this before purchase.

* While all brands will occsionaly put out a lemon the frequency changes (sometimes significanly) from one brand to another, as well as over periods of time within the same brand.

* You should NOT let one or two single-time owners disuade you from a purchase; but when you see that a number of people who have owned X brand products over a period of time, including people who have owned multiple models, are all saying that X brand is trash based on their first hand experiences then It would be wise to look at a different brand for your next purchase.

* Don't bash a brand or pruduct. Simply share your personal experience, share your opinion, and recomend an alternative.

I have been guilty of some of these things in past, as have most of us. Thats fine, we are all adults and we can move past it. BUT, all guns aren't good guns, and we certainly should not be sticking our heads in the sand. What we should be doing is discussing different brands and models in a polite respectful fashion. :)

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I just want all of you to know, that I have put off purchasing a new personal carry weapon because of you. Yes, YOU! I know good and well that no matter what I buy, someone out there isn't going to like it. And by golly I don't think I could stand it if any of you didn't like my gun!
    cry2.gif

fart.gif

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Is that a Hattori Hanzo sword? Oh, sure... they were nice in the 1500s but really, they haven't kept up with the modern tupperware swords. Does that thing have a safety? My friend had one that wouldn't chop butter. Mine is much better. Yours will probably blow up... :rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just want all of you to know, that I have put off purchasing a new personal carry weapon because of you. Yes, YOU! I know good and well that no matter what I buy, someone out there isn't going to like it. And by golly I don't think I could stand it if any of you didn't like my gun!
    cry2.gif

fart.gif

Jenny, you buy what ever your little heart desires, it's your gun, and if they don't like it, tuff turkey.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks

Well said, Redskinsfan!

BTW, I've been with my beloved Hogs since 1976 (actually I think the Hogs name came about in 1983 or so) . Still watch EVERY game I can. Years ago I used to run into a couple of the 'Skins players every now and then at church. Monk, Green, and one other guy I can't recall right now.

True 'Skins fans hate Dallas, the Giants, the Eagles, and Dallas... :-)

Thank you. Wow, how cool meeting Monk and Green two of my all-time favorites. I love to watch the 'Skins win, Dallas lose and best of all Dallas lose to the Skins.

Best regards,

Terry

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Gee whiz, If there were one perfect gun, we'd all have one, and it would be a bit boring. Variety makes our firearms pastime interesting. I don't mind hearing about your firearms, until you start berating me for the firearms I own.

R E L A X :):
    :cheers:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    One of the big problems is people don't stay out of threads! No one in a Sig, Glock, Beretta, HK thread wants to hear about your 1911! OTOH, the guys in the 1911 threads would love to hear about your 1911! It's only funny when it's not your firearm in question! I don't know about these other guys but I have to work very hard for my stuff and it starts to wear on you a little! As a HVAC & Plumbing guy you can imagine what I have to do? Hights, crawlspaces, attics, run down ghetto slums, 24 on call, out in weather etc...... etc...... It's not crying guys, it's just not funny anymore when you are told you are stupid and your firearms suck everyday!:twocents:

you are not stupid and your guns don't suck, however if you OC you should be CCing ...er..uh..maybe it's the other way around.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Firearms are like automobiles,no matter who make it,some have problems right out of the gate.I've owned plenty of upper end guns that have had problems.If you get one that you like,it works fine,use it and be happy.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Bash my XD's (only gun to own) and I'll ride over to your house on my Harley Davidson ( only bike to own) and hit you over the head with my Gibson Les Paul (only guitar to own). Why cant we all just get along.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    well stated

After my involvement in a few on these threads, Iv been mulling this issue over in my head for a few days now. I think there are several universal statements that we can make as a result of our experiences and debates here:

* Every brand and price range of firearm has its niche market.

* Every brand is CAPABLE of producing a firearms that functions reliably.

* You should buy the best gun you can afford.

* Inexpensive price doesn't AUTOMATICALY make a gun trash.

We have a lot of people saying that X brand is trash because they had one individual gun that developed Y problem, and based on that experience they would not buy an X brand gun again, and neither should you.

* A few Individual experiences should be duely noted, but do not compile sufficient evidence to denegrate a brand name.

* Anecdotes that do NOT include first hand personal experience are hear-say, and as such should not be allowed to sway your opinion of any brand or model.

Here is where we run into problems. Some poeple want to say that "Any gun is a good gun, and you shouldn't bash anyones choice of gun". There is some good and some bad to this statement:

* It is TRUE that we should not be bashing anyone for buying X brand. Bashing is childish, rude, and unprofessional.

* Saying that "every gun is a good gun" is like saying that "everyone is special": not only is it a false statment which flys in the face of the definition of "special", but it takes away the meaning behind that hard work and dedication that many manufacturors put into their product in order to stand out in the crowd.

* There ARE bad guns out there, and they are for sale at many a gun shop. These guns have their purpose, but defence of family, life, and property are not it. They are great for plinking or collecting, but not for serious work. HONEST shop owners will inform their customers of this before purchase.

* While all brands will occsionaly put out a lemon the frequency changes (sometimes significanly) from one brand to another, as well as over periods of time within the same brand.

* You should NOT let one or two single-time owners disuade you from a purchase; but when you see that a number of people who have owned X brand products over a period of time, including people who have owned multiple models, are all saying that X brand is trash based on their first hand experiences then It would be wise to look at a different brand for your next purchase.

* Don't bash a brand or pruduct. Simply share your personal experience, share your opinion, and recomend an alternative.

I have been guilty of some of these things in past, as have most of us. Thats fine, we are all adults and we can move past it. BUT, all guns aren't good guns, and we certainly should not be sticking our heads in the sand. What we should be doing is discussing different brands and models in a polite respectful fashion. :)
    there it is well put in black and white.

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    One of the big problems is people don't stay out of threads! No one in a Sig, Glock, Beretta, HK thread wants to hear about your 1911! OTOH, the guys in the 1911 threads would love to hear about your 1911! It's only funny when it's not your firearm in question! I don't know about these other guys but I have to work very hard for my stuff and it starts to wear on you a little! As a HVAC & Plumbing guy you can imagine what I have to do? Hights, crawlspaces, attics, run down ghetto slums, 24 on call, out in weather etc...... etc...... It's not crying guys, it's just not funny anymore when you are told you are stupid and your firearms suck everyday!:twocents:
    HVAC service tech and I own/carry a Hi-Point C9.

I also own some obscure and somewhat valuable long guns, but no-one usually gets past the HP statement.

Top Bottom