Tired of any firearm bashing, it's just plain stupid....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    Nope, not at all. I spent the day between 2 pot lines at an alum smelting plant.
    My lil thermometer in the shade displayed 140 (outside). 12 litres of water an I'm still a bit dehydrated. Conversely, in the winter on a roof with a 20mph frigid north wind can be a "challenge" as well. But all in all, I enjoy it. :)

Folks don't bash me for my gun when they don't have heat or A/C. :D:D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One of the big problems is people don't stay out of threads! No one in a Sig, Glock, Beretta, HK thread wants to hear about your 1911! OTOH, the guys in the 1911 threads would love to hear about your 1911! It's only funny when it's not your firearm in question! I don't know about these other guys but I have to work very hard for my stuff and it starts to wear on you a little! As a HVAC & Plumbing guy you can imagine what I have to do? Hights, crawlspaces, attics, run down ghetto slums, 24 on call, out in weather etc...... etc...... It's not crying guys, it's just not funny anymore when you are told you are stupid and your firearms suck everyday!:twocents:
    Just consider the source, and it makes it easier to dismiss them off-hand!
    I do HVAC, plumbing, electrical, insulation, and MUCH more as a general contractor. I know of what you speak.
    My dad taught me years ago though, to stop and think about comments that are upsetting, rude, etc... He told me, think about the person uttering the comment, then decide how much weight you put with their opinion.
    If you do not know this person, and they hold no sway over your life, then why do you CARE what they have to say? If it is a person whose opinions you respect, then you will give weight to their comments.
    If someone you've never met, tells you in a chat-room that you are an idiot, WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT THAT A**HOLE THINKS?:twocents:

KA9NTZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Lafayette
    TOO Each is own!!! The ONLY Reason I bought my XDM......It was on the shelf and I had the money in hand!!!! My oppion of other brand don't mean S**T to others. Grow up, we are all adults here, if you don't like me because i use an XDM, you can kizz my azz. When I'm out shooting, I could care less what you use, all that matters is we all enjoy shooting. If all Hell breaks out I don't care what you use, I just prey that you are using 40 S&W....if I/you run low on ammo....share, Please!!!!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I just like how some hillbillys will bash your gun even when they know nothing about it. Probably never ever seen one. They get on other forums and read what other people say, and then pass it off as their own opinion. I've been around guns for 25 years and handled all sorts, so I really don't care what an armchair commando has to say about my certain firearms. Just remember if a guy is bashing your gun, then he probably doesn't have one to begin with and wants yours!!! I agree, lay off the gun bashing.:twocents:

Top Bottom