Tired of any firearm bashing, it's just plain stupid....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    glad you said it

The sentiment of this thread has been on my mind nearly every time I read this forum. I often make fun of the outrageous comments made by some on this forum to my wife concerning someone else's choice on how they spend their money.

I have often thought: "What in the world does this guy care how I spend my money or how some other guys spends his? I think that in actuality if I bought a gun that was condemned by Mr. Know-it all and it blew up in my face killing me, he wouldn't care anymore about my death than the man in the moon. He would only care that it gave an opportunity to tell his friends, if he has any, that he was right on this point.

Well, I feel a little better now getting that out.

Terry

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The sentiment of this thread has been on my mind nearly every time I read this forum. I often make fun of the outrageous comments made by some on this forum to my wife concerning someone else's choice on how they spend their money.

Ya, it's always amazed me on how I've seen some people go off on a person who bought a particular item, and say spend a few more $$'s and buy a better gun.:bash:

I keep wanting to tell them to either buy the gun for him or shut up.:chillout:

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, we really need to clarify a few things though. Some people on here say it is bashing if you say you don't like brand X or a feature of brand X. Some people here it is bashing if you say something facetious that basically amounts to teasing. If that is the case you are just going to have to get over. Just lighten up. We also have to allow for people who are genuinely concerned about the design of any particular. I'm not going to say to someone to quit bashing my firearms simply because I like them. That is, of course, if it isn't misinformation. What I am saying is people have just as much right to not like a particular firearm and say so as you do to like that firearm and say so. Especially in the threads where people are specifically asking for opinions. If someone asks for opinions and someone has a negative opinion the should share it and it is not bashing.

Everyone has a right to not like a particular firearm, but at least have a
    REAL reason for it. Have a reason, grip angle, trigger length, too big for your hand or something else.

It's usually some Joe-Joe Somebody who bust in a thread and proceeds to tear it up with his banter saying how much of a piece of trash this or that item is.

You end up asking him why he dislikes that item and he says he heard it from a buddy of a friend who's next door neighbor's dog bit the leg of a mailman in the next county whose cousins wife's uncle that lives a 1000 miles away knows some dude who bought the said gun that had been sold 4 times before that person even got it.

Now as a example, Hi-Points never owned one of their pistols, but own a 995 Carbine. The second some of by buddies found out about it, "It's a piece of crap man, it'll blow up on you." More than 5 people said this too me, and not 1 darn one had ever owned one, little alone handled or shot one.

Tell you what, it's one of the most enjoyable items I've ever owned, performs flawlessly eats every thing I feed it and says "May I have some more to eat please!"

Most people on here are smart enough to know when there is a :stickpoke: going on, it's the unasked bashing that's unwarranted.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Another fellow Glock guy! :patriot: We seem to get it the worst! :dunno:

Only when your guns go "Boom" :laugh::laugh:
    Frankly I could care less what others think about my guns.
    If you call them junk I won't think less of them. I'll still take them to the range. I won't put a bag over them when I take them out in public. I like my guns but I lust for other guns as well. :D

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yeah, XD guys seem to have something to prove regarding theirs vs. Glocks. THAT'S what is causing all of this. Now we've got 5 Glock threads because the Glock guys are sick of hearing it in other threads so they create a place for the real turds to gather...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mine is the best because it's mine. Also because I have superior intelligence and strikingly good looks. Not to mention,...

...all the rest of yours are junk!:rofl:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    sorry if someone already posted this (i got lazy and didn't wanna read all the posts) but they should make a glorus xd the features of a glock and the style of the xd and the compactness and price of a taurus then everyone would have everything they wanted in a gat woohoo problem solved:rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    sorry if someone already posted this (i got lazy and didn't wanna read all the posts) but they should make a glorus xd the features of a glock and the style of the xd and the compactness and price of a taurus then everyone would have everything they wanted in a gat woohoo problem solved:rockwoot:

Forgot the customer service of Hi-Point, but then there would be someone bitching because Sig, Beretta, H&K, Kahr, Kel-Tec, S&W, Para, Kimber, Colt, FN and Walther was not included.:ugh:

Heck just take a part made from each gun manufacture and make a new model named the:

HiSpringSiGloBerKaTeKeKiCo-FNrusherSmith.:eek::n00b::spend:

It'd be a mouth full to say, but in the end there would be someone still bashing it because of some thing or another.:tantrum:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I would hope that all the "hoopla" about one being better than another would take a back seat to the reality that there are many people that dislike all of us just because we own a firearm. The last thing we need is to have any derisive attitudes between people on the board. We all love our freedom an should keep that uppermost in all of our discussions. I understand "fun" bashing but some of it seems pretty sincere to me.
    Just MHO.. God Bless

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Yeah, XD guys seem to have something to prove regarding theirs vs. Glocks. THAT'S what is causing all of this. Now we've got 5 Glock threads because the Glock guys are sick of hearing it in other threads so they create a place for the real turds to gather...

Looks like you are XD bashing again.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Everyone has a right to not like a particular firearm, but at least have a
    REAL reason for it. Have a reason, grip angle, trigger length, too big for your hand or something else.

I agree with you there.

IndyBeerman said:
    It's usually some Joe-Joe Somebody who bust in a thread and proceeds to tear it up with his banter saying how much of a piece of trash this or that item is.

Well, there has been some complaints about people "gun bashing" on opinion threads. That's just silly. For example, if someone say I am trying to decide between gun X and gun Y. Give me some pros and cons. In that case, if I think gun Y is a piece of crap and I am so inclined to respond I should not get any flack for saying so. I'm just saying.

IndyBeerman said:
    You end up asking him why he dislikes that item and he says he heard it from a buddy of a friend who's next door neighbor's dog bit the leg of a mailman in the next county whose cousins wife's uncle that lives a 1000 miles away knows some dude who bought the said gun that had been sold 4 times before that person even got it.

Ok

IndyBeerman said:
    Now as a example, Hi-Points never owned one of their pistols, but own a 995 Carbine. The second some of by buddies found out about it, "It's a piece of crap man, it'll blow up on you." More than 5 people said this too me, and not 1 darn one had ever owned one, little alone handled or shot one.

Tell you what, it's one of the most enjoyable items I've ever owned, performs flawlessly eats every thing I feed it and says "May I have some more to eat please!"

I'm still with you.

IndyBeerman said:
    Most people on here are smart enough to know when there is a :stickpoke: going on, it's the unasked bashing that's unwarranted.

I think you should at least acknowledge there is a degree of oversensitivity about this subject. I think there would be a lot less bashing if there wasn't a strong enough reaction to start a thread about bashing. Hypersensitivity and irrational devotion are a bigger problem then gun bashing.

Here is my litmus test. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. I don't mind (I rather enjoy) bashing some firearms because I have legitimate concerns about them coupled with their owners over the top devotion. I also don't mind when people bash my weapon of choice. I think it is funny if they are joking and respectable if they are serious; given that they have a real reason like you said. So basically most people would do well to lighten up.

Top Bottom