• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now I'm lost. Denny is Godzilla? I thought Frank was Godzilla.

please advise

Frank, in no way, looks like Godzilla.
    Herman-Munster.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In all fairness, he'd been drinking prior to the slip and fall, so likely was intoxicated in addition to the concussion.

Head/brain injuries are no joke.

I saw it as a kid (7th or 8th grade) and it terrified me. We bicycled over to a friend's house in Chapel Glen (westside of Indy) and found him moving all the furniture out on to the lawn. He kept repeating "we're moving, I have to get ready."

We ran to the neighbors' house (pre-cell phones) and called his dad at work. His dad told us to fill the bath tub, then raced home and threw him in the tub in cold water and then took him to the hospital.

My friend had an extremely high fever and was hearing things.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But, if _probability > zero, even if just a little bit, and _outcomeSeverity is something in the severe range, then risk can be compelling.

Which is why I was calling for past incidents to establish the probability. We have one, even though it was not criminal. Even one changes the risk analysis, even if it is tiny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If the DoD would free up an M134 to mount atop the MRAP, then we'd have something that Tippecanoe County could really use in the standoff situations...well, they wouldn't be standoffs, really.

That would certainly be effective, but I'd tend to believe a Mk 19 would be prove to more fun in the long run.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That way they get to use the MRAP 2 times!

...and also, i can't believe there was an armed stand off in the majestic Tip-co. Maybe he was defending his home from a gang of dangerous jaywalking ducks, they saw there was no PC, and let the guy go.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ...and also, i can't believe there was an armed stand off in the majestic Tip-co

I don't believe it either because there was not. It was Lafayette, again, not Tippecanoe County.

As you stated, Tippecanoe County had animal calls to take. Should have used that MRAP on the escaped cow last night.:D

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Something I've been wondering:

Why should a police force be strictly reactionary in regards to training and equipment?

Is there no room for anything proactive at all?

This isn't necessarily about the MRAP in particular. I don't think any agency has a bonafide NEED for an MRAP. But to have, essentially, a free armored vehicle in order to be prepared in the event that it IS needed - what's so wrong with being prepared?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is this thread still going?

I don't think it is.

I think this is a duplicate thread of the original. The mods got together and decided that the old thread was simply too controversial... too freedom-oriented. So, they made an exact replica - this thread. Then, slowly, over time, they are editing the thread to bring it more in line with their ideals. It is a long view of internet forum social engineering.

To keep it secret, there is a vow of death. If any one of them even thinks about leaving the mod group or divulging the existence of the parallel thread, they are instantly killed. That way, each mod can implicate the others; no one is innocent.

I have absolutely no proof of this, but it is clearly the only rational explanation for how this thread could be so much like the original.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So this morning I heard about the double murder and suicide in the movie theater in Lafayette yesterday. I then though, maybe the Tippecanoe county police could have used their MRAP to bust into the theater and save someone.

Then I learned it was in Louisiana, so the Tippecanoe MRAP could not have helped anyway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Turn those frowns upside down, pro-MRAPpers!

There was a bomb . . . except it was pork roast that a county employee left in the parking garage . . . and the MRAP was not involved at all.

Maybe you MRAPpers need a slogan? "Pork, the other excuse to pee taxpayer money down the drain."

Pressure-cooker pork pauses downtown parking

so the TippecanoeMRAP could not have helped anyway.

It can help! You have no idea how much it can help at the lunchtime brag at the next ISA meeting.:D

I have absolutely no proof of this, but it is clearly the only rational explanation for how this thread could be so much like the original.

I have not yet begun to mock.

Top Bottom