Time Travel - Change ONE Event In History..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Inspired by the time travel to get a cheaper price on a gun thread..

If you could travel back in Time, and had the ability to change any one major event in history, and ONLY one, what event would you change, and why?

Discuss!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would go to the Constitutional Convention and let men far wiser than I am solve the problems I would bring to their attention.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Obviously changing some atrocity that happened in the past seems like a good thing to do, but what if preventing that act or event actually causes mankind to be worse off in the future?

Just doing a little deep thinking.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Easy, I would buy Microsoft and Apple stock in the 80's! :). The only logical move IMO is to better ones self rather than "play God" with the lives of others.

It should be against the rules to interfere with history of the world if time travel were a reality. For example, removing Hitler may have resulted in Stalinism/communism spreading over all of Europe. That was Hitler's biggest fear after all--many don't know this, but Jews and Communists were practically one in the same to Hitler (thanks to the Bolsheviks/Trotskiites). Oh yea, and if WW2 never happened, you most likely would never be born because the Baby Boom wouldn't have occurred!

Imagine if the US did not invade Iraq. The Arab Spring would most likely never have happened, and the status quo of poverty and oppression in the Middle East would continue to churn out suicide bombers.

I would not second guess history.

Top Bottom