• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm glad the GOA is suing. About time they did something other than complain about the NRA. Maybe this is their chance to step up and be known. It would benefit all of us if every time a celebrity bashed the NRA they also had to bash the GOA. Otherwise the anti gunners just spin it like the NRA is this small group of evil people. Strength in numbers would help all of us pro 2A citizens.

wot? GOA has a lengthy record of taking this stuff to court, while the NRA has been growing a lengthy list of politicians it's been taking out to dinner. No one can say the NRA bashing is baseless, they have not helped 2a fights in a long long time. If anything the NRA has been a GOP fundraising organization over a gun rights organization. The GOA regularly gets bashed for being too hardline 2a on fox news, cnn, msnbc etc... I don't understand why people defend an organization and it's leadership that is openly fighting to restrict rights of it's members and bash another group fighting for the freedom and deregulation of those rights. NRA figured it out, release some fancy merch, give people a Chinese knife and a crapazine full of ads and paid for reviews and they will follow you into oblivion.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The NRA is the 500 lbs gorilla in the room. Membership is in a position to tighten their leash. Too many aspire to knee jerk reactions. It is my gorilla, I like my gorilla, I will continue to feed and care for my gorilla. I will choose to take a 2X4 to the forehead of my gorilla if necessary.

Agreed; nice summary of the OP's suggestion.

The thing a lot of folks in this thread don't seem to realize is that we can have our gorilla, yank it's chain (or smack it with a 2x4, if you prefer) AND feed and care for the baby gorillas (GOA, 2AF, JPFO, etc.) so that they can grow stronger; wouldn't it be better to have more strength on our side?

This is not an election, though many of the posts seem to mirror the rhetoric heard around election time. You can choose more than one winner. You can bet on more than just the "winning horse".

NRA vs GOA or any of the other, smaller 2A rights advocacy groups is a false dichotomy.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    lol thanks for the personal attack friend. I don't have any ill will towards anyone in the NRA. I do have ill will towards the NRA for their deceptive pro gun control policies with this current administration and their use of internal propaganda to mislead the membership.

:lmfao:. You just might want to go back and read what you have posted in this thread.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    The amount of Koolaid drinking in this thread is absolutely insane. With the NRA's support, the ATF just rewrote and reworked federal law to classify a rifle ACCESSORY as a machine gun. Never mind that the NRA has had their hand in every major gun control piece since the 1960's.

Does everyone not realize what is a stake here? We always talk about the slippery slope, well this is it. The ATF is now deciding and re-writing current laws at their will to get whatever they want banned, and the NRA isn't doing **** about it. It's nice to see Tim from MAC as a plaintiff in the lawsuit with GOA. He's been very critical of the NRA as of late, but has never hopped off the wagon in an attempt to correct the ship. Looks like he's finally wised up and bailed hard.

I'm joining the GOA tonight, and contributing to their lawsuit fund. If any of you value the 2A, you'll do the same. The NRA isn't going to protect us, and it's time to give money to an organization that will.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    :lmfao:. You just might want to go back and read what you have posted in this thread.

I did. I made zero personal attacks. I only attacked the deceptive practices of the nra. I see multiple times where people thought it was a good idea to attack me personally for not blindly agreeing with the NRA. Please feel free to enlighten me. And as for trump telling the nra he was taking bumpstocks, well it's just about every mainstream media post today or I can go get references. I'm not on here to make enemies i'm on here to shed light on our withering rights when so many blindly trust and give to the very organization that is enabling the removal of our rights.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is nor NRA vs GOA it is always GOA supporters dissing the NRA.

I'm a member of both, and I will continue to dis the NRA until there is a pro gun change rather than it just acting as a SuperPAC for the Republican party without actually standing up for our gun rights. I don't think any of the disses are unwarranted.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Agreed; nice summary of the OP's suggestion.

The thing a lot of folks in this thread don't seem to realize is that we can have our gorilla, yank it's chain (or smack it with a 2x4, if you prefer) AND feed and care for the baby gorillas (GOA, 2AF, JPFO, etc.) so that they can grow stronger; wouldn't it be better to have more strength on our side?

This is not an election, though many of the posts seem to mirror the rhetoric heard around election time. You can choose more than one winner. You can bet on more than just the "winning horse".

NRA vs GOA or any of the other, smaller 2A rights advocacy groups is a false dichotomy.

The problem is that 500 lb gorilla turned on us after we fed it and coddled it from infancy. Now it has the 2x4 and it is bashing our gun rights away. So yeah, time to retire that gorilla to the back room and bring the gorilla's out that deserve to be fed.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It is nor NRA vs GOA it is always GOA supporters dissing the NRA.

I'm not sure why the NRA being "dissed" is so upsetting to people, whether they are members or not.

Is the impending bump stock ban that resulted, at least in part, from their request to have BATFE re-evaluate bump stocks a good thing?

Was their request for re-evaluation a good thing?

Does it seem like their best possible course of action to protect the 2A rights of its members or others?

The NRA used to talk about not letting the camel get it's nose into the tent; their recent actions may have just left the tent wide open.

While prior "dissing" may or may not have been fair, they seemed to have earned their fair share in this case.

Rising to their defense right now seems like a fool's errand.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It's time to put the NRA down like the rabid dog it is. Wayne Lapierre and Ackerman McQueen have pretty much single handedly ruined a what should be great in theory organization. If anyone does not know about the NRA and Ackerman McQueen I strongly suggest you look into the circus that is.

Right now the GOA is actively filing suit against the Federal Government for the Bump Stock ban , and I am very proud to say our own Hoosier Tim from the Military Arms Channel is a part of that suit. I do not believe the NRA is doing anything other than supporting the Bump Stock ban.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I did. I made zero personal attacks. I only attacked the deceptive practices of the nra. I see multiple times where people thought it was a good idea to attack me personally for not blindly agreeing with the NRA. Please feel free to enlighten me. And as for trump telling the nra he was taking bumpstocks, well it's just about every mainstream media post today or I can go get references. I'm not on here to make enemies i'm on here to shed light on our withering rights when so many blindly trust and give to the very organization that is enabling the removal of our rights.

I have been fighting the fight for well over 40 years as an adult now. I was born and raised in MD my friend. I have seen first hand on what can be banned.. I have given up many days off work, vacations, my money and done my time at the podium and picketing time in Annapolis.
    Just sit back and think where we would be without the NRA in the past 100+ years.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have been fighting the fight for well over 40 years as an adult now. I was born and raised in MD my friend. I have seen first hand on what can be banned.. I have given up many days off work, vacations, my money and done my time at the podium and picketing time in Annapolis.
    Just sit back and think where we would be without the NRA in the past 100+ years.

Probably have our bumpstocks (nra backs trump) and machine guns (nra loves reagan and his 86 nfa work). Probably wouldn't have states that require nra courses for concealed carry,

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ah.... You seem to know alot that's just not true...

I mean if you want to be technical the NRA isn't directly responsible for the Hughes Amendment, but they definitely encouraged the BATF to "Re-Evaluate" bump stocks and their legality.

Plus if they cared so much about the Second Amendment why have they not filed suit against the Federal Government for this illegal bump stock ban. Because at the end of the day it's not abiut the stupid stocks it's about the BATF pulling a total 180 and saying what was previously a 100% legal accessory and now saying it makes a semi-automatic firearm a freaking machine gun, which will turn everyone that owns one right now into a felon if they don't turn them in or destroy them. Who is to say next they won't classify light triggers as an accessory that turns a normal weapon into a machine gun ?? It is a slippery dangerous slope and the NRA is doing NOTHING

Top Bottom