• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I support the GOA, NRA and Second amendment foundation. Who knows who is best, if any, but at least they make noise about our 2nd amendment rights.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of our most valued members that was apparently chased off the board, mentioned that he had been a Congressional aide at one point. He said the GOA was a non player in Washington. He said they even tried to contact them for their position on a bill one time and they wouldn't even call them back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well this doesn't fit that (racist!!!) narrative, eh?

[video=youtube;1Au4I6gNwy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Au4I6gNwy0&t=30s[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well Kut, I'll ask another question.

In the case of the security guard, what happened? Here bon INGO we discussed it pretty thoroughly. I was of the opinion that the police acted wrongly. Many here thought that the police gave several warnings and he did not drop his gun and was shot because they could not tell if he was a good guy or bad.

Give me the down low, please.

Sorry. another question.

In the case of the young man "just reaching for his wallet", have you seen the video? Was or was not the young man following your orders? I said your's because you were a police officer and were probably in similar situations. You make a stop and tell someone not to move and they make a quick grab to their side.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This one goes into detail on how much GOA has contributed to our gun rights.
    [video=youtube;r0JLdN9vx3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JLdN9vx3E[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The NRA probably gets whiplash sometimes. As previously stated above, they used to support Dems that were pro-RKBA. I can remember the anger here about that position. "even if that congressman is pro, he votes for a leadership that is anti". So they stopped supporting any Dems from what I can see. Now they get complaints they are just a GOP lobby group.

It's as if they're an organization with millions of members and they're trying to please their membership and fight a complex battle and win the war.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As a life member, there have been times when I have disagreed with them. I even stopped my membership years ago, when I was an annual member. Overall I have to support them because they are our best voice in congress.

I am sure that, contrary to what the MSMBS would have you to believe, the NSSF has some pretty powerful lobbyists on capitol hill fighting for the gun industry and by extension our 2A rights.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Show me better with the same results. :dunno:

Life member here. I get exactly what I expected to get. I would like to see more of course.

And that's really what it comes down to.

They're the best we've got. They won't do everything right, and they probably have the same amount of corruption that any organization that big might have... but when it comes down to it, I would want them on my side.

The NRA is the 500 lbs gorilla in the room. Membership is in a position to tighten their leash. Too many aspire to knee jerk reactions. It is my gorilla, I like my gorilla, I will continue to feed and care for my gorilla. I will choose to take a 2X4 to the forehead of my gorilla if necessary.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Well said... No lobby is perfect but it is the best we got. Funny thing though Lobbys would not exist if our Government truly worked for the people and if the people would take interest and get out and vote. It is a shame that less than 25% of a free society hires the broken down candidates to run a broken down Government that continues to waste the money we pay them. So it is this reason I stick with the NRA.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If everyone is still thinking the NRA has gun rights people's backs. Your being lied to. it is just about every single day I hear of another state or city going full on California and yet the nra sits dormant licking the trump boot, and the trump admin makes no statements admonishing these statists set on neutering your rights. Why is it only the GOA fighting for EVERYONE's rights, while the NRA promotes republican gun control measures? How many bumpstock owners are going to be an NRA member when it comes time to renew? How many NRA members will be millennials, that the boomers and x'ers see as non players and have no problem stomping on their snakes.

President orders gun control that will make 100's of thousands of gun owners felons, NRA "yes master, shall we boost your ILA rating too"

Meanwhile GOA is the only Gun Rights Organization fighting for your rights. Yet don't join them, because they are too small. I like what they doo and I don't agree with the NRA, but the NRA is the best we got so I'll keep shoving money at them, even though I think they don't have our interests. What?? Take that 20 dollars and send it to the people who are hiring the lawyers to fight gun control rather than pumping lapierre's salary while he courts presidents to coerce the legion of donators who blindly follow their masters orange cards. It is insanity, thinking that "it's better now than it was" while it is actively moving to be worse than it has ever been. I'm not trying to attack people, but this is crazy that gun owners are being so passive while rights of our countrymen are stripped away one city, one magazine, one accessory at a time. Pure insanity.

iit2wUf.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, good for them. I have nothing bad to say about GOA except some of their members are *** ***** ******* ** *****.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If the GOA and its supporters attacked the gun grabbers as much as they do the NRA, they might have more success.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Good for GOA....... but did they make a difference?

BTW- Trumps boots taste like Bacon. Who wouldn't lick them? :dunno:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, good for them. I have nothing bad to say about GOA except some of their members are *** ***** ******* ** *****.

lol thanks for the personal attack friend. I don't have any ill will towards anyone in the NRA. I do have ill will towards the NRA for their deceptive pro gun control policies with this current administration and their use of internal propaganda to mislead the membership.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    lol thanks for the personal attack friend. I don't have any ill will towards anyone in the NRA. I do have ill will towards the NRA for their deceptive pro gun control policies with this current administration and their use of internal propaganda to mislead the membership.

LOL :rofl:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If the GOA and its supporters attacked the gun grabbers as much as they do the NRA, they might have more success.

That must be why they are suing the NRA over this bumpstock ban.... oh wait a second, they are suing the ATF... the actual gun grabbers, while the NRA is busy sucking up to Trump. My question for LaPierre is are the ATF jackbooted thugs only when a Democrat is President? Cause it's the same people in place. They don't all get fired every time a new President gets elected.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I'm glad the GOA is suing. About time they did something other than complain about the NRA. Maybe this is their chance to step up and be known. It would benefit all of us if every time a celebrity bashed the NRA they also had to bash the GOA. Otherwise the anti gunners just spin it like the NRA is this small group of evil people. Strength in numbers would help all of us pro 2A citizens.

Top Bottom