• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I had friend who is a state trooper and he said he NEVER lets a pretty female off from a ticket. He says then they call the station, file a complaint saying stuff like; "I think he pulled me over just to get a better look or flirt with me". Then when said captain asks if he wrote her up and he says "no", then it creates potential problems as to really why he pulled her over. If he ticketed her, than it removes doubt as to why she was pulled over.

Yup....even when they get a ticket, they will say, "Thought you guys did not give pretty girls tickets", and I say, "Yes, we don't".

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Well, I agree with the pay part but having tried to outrun them in the very early 70's (Yes, dumb and irresponsible) I am so glad to have just gotten my ass whipped over being shot in the face. Night in jail on top of the A$$ whipping mentioned, car impounded, major fines/fees and points on license causing suspension.......Lesson learned.

Guess you weren't going fast enough :cool:
    Don't you know you are only suppose to run if you are in a no-chase jurisdiction :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess you weren't going fast enough :cool:

Ran out of gas......really.
    We were busted street racing out on the interstate and I had the not so bright idea to bolt with a mere eighth of a tank of fuel. 426 Hemi 4 speed is not known for mileage. Well, gallons per mile maybe.
    I was long gone when the last bit of fuel went out of the bowls and coasted to a stop. I was outside of the car sitting on the fender when they "Caught" me.
    LEO came by and saw me. He pulled up and detained me until the LEO's I ran from got there. As I mentioned, I am so glad I did not get shot in the face as posted by someone else. I did receive a proper mauling for my stupidity.....:(

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I can't really say much more than everyone else said except for the one bad experience I had with a deputy. I was behind this truck that was doing about 37 in a 50 and it was clear to pass so I did. I was almost to the point of getting over when he sped up to cut me off. I was trying to get over as soon as possible to make the best use of my opportunity so I made the decision to gun it, get over and slow back down to speed limit. I probably got up to 60 pretty quickly, got over and slowed back down. The deputy was watching from a side road up ahead. He put his lights on and sped toward me. I thought maybe he was called to an emergency. As he zoomed passed me he looked angry. I glanced in my mirror in time to see him spin around into my lane. He passed the truck and pulled me over. I complied with him in every way. I have a great respect for the police, no matter how they are acting. He yelled at me, wrote me a ticket and asked me why I was driving like that. I told him the reason. He yelled at me some more. He put his hat back on and stormed off, getting in his car and peeling out. O...k?

If I'm going one mile over the limit and I get a ticket, fine. Technically I was at fault. But why did he have to yell? Stern, disappointed, lecturing. All of these would have been ok. I thought he must've been having a bad day.

Other than that, every time I've talked to an officer they've been great. I have friends on a couple of departments and my dad was an MP. I almost accepted a Sheriff Reserves position. I try to let them know how much my wife and I appreciate their hard work and sacrifice when I can. It can be a tough job.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you have a CDL, they will bend you over!!! first of all, with a CDL, you will never get a warning, IDK why that is, but it just is. Then there is the state cop that was sitting on the west bound on ramp at the 37 on 70. With a truck in front of me, one behind me, and cars passing me, he passes the truck behind me just write me a ticket for 70/65. And the 39 year old truck that I have doesn't even have a working speedometer. Im sure there are a few good cops, but most are dicks! The trouble is, they don't pay enough to get good ones, then the ones they do get, and power hungry peckerheads that don't mind the pay, so they can be a "big man".
    Spoken like a true truck driver.

JB Hunt?

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Do you smile at people you don't know? If you do, those people think you're weird.

He's off work. Do you want people bothering you about work when you're at home? You and your neighbors don't know how to dial 911?

You and your neighbors talk about him behind his back and he's supposed to give a **** about you?

Like you and your neighbors do to him?

For the record...I have no idea who you're talking about. Name names.

Cops are no different than any other cross section of society. Truck drivers, soldiers, lawyers, carpenters, plumbers, doctors, dentists... Most are OK, some are *******s.
    Come off it man, dont make excuses for situations that you dont know of. I have grown up around cops, been friends with 2 police chiefs and their familys. I know the crap that happens with their friends, what certain people get by with because the know so and so. Like an earlier post said, the younger cops are mostle a holes and that is a fact. Dont blindly jump on me, I know what i`m talking about, and if the LEOs that are on here tell the truth, they know what i`m talking about.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Here in Indy, as much as I have speeding tickets, all of them have been nice. No complaints here. Some state troopers are really nice too. Can't really compare to other states. I know others here have had bad experience but from all of the ones that pulled me over, it makes me think that Indiana has one of the nicest LEO.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Not all cops are bad or think they are better than everyone else because they have the badge. Like all people there are good and bad. The bad just puts a blur spot on the rest. To the good police officers out there, dont treat us all like we are the offenders. A little kindness goes a long way. We understand you deal with buttheads all day long, just try not to take it out on the rest of us.
    Thank you, and have a good day.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Stanford prison experiment
    The Stanford Prison Experiment: A Simulation Study of the Psychology of Imprisonment

It's a good 20 minute read. You'll have a better understanding as to the inner workings of the exploitation of power and fear.

A quote from the end of the experiment stated; "In the encounter sessions, all the prisoners were happy the experiment was over, but most of the guards were upset that the study was terminated prematurely."

Even after the 6 day long experiment ended, the students acting as guards still had a lust for the authority that was granted them.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Stanford prison experiment
    The Stanford Prison Experiment: A Simulation Study of the Psychology of Imprisonment

It's a good 20 minute read. You'll have a better understanding as to the inner workings of the exploitation of power and fear.

A quote from the end of the experiment stated; "In the encounter sessions, all the prisoners were happy the experiment was over, but most of the guards were upset that the study was terminated prematurely."

Even after the 6 day long experiment ended, the students acting as guards still had a lust for the authority that was granted them.

The best part of this "experiment" is taking individuals and placing them in the role of "guards" with no training with regards to law or prison procedures then expecting a scientific result.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The best part of this "experiment" is taking individuals and placing them in the role of "guards" with no training with regards to law or prison procedures then expecting a scientific result.

And the prisoners weren't trained to be subservient. Human nature took it's course.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Come off it man, dont make excuses for situations that you dont know of. I have grown up around cops, been friends with 2 police chiefs and their familys. I know the crap that happens with their friends, what certain people get by with because the know so and so. Like an earlier post said, the younger cops are mostle a holes and that is a fact. Dont blindly jump on me, I know what i`m talking about, and if the LEOs that are on here tell the truth, they know what i`m talking about.
    I'm not making excuses. If the guy is a prick, he's a prick. Are we talking about Frank Straub?

I'm just saying it doesn't sound like the friendliest neighborhood in the world. It sounds like a couple of my neighbors. The guy next door is a super nice older guy...probably in his mid-seventies.

One day last summer just after he and his wife moved in he was out doing yard work when I had just got up (I work nights). He stopped me and said, "I hope me cutting grass didn't wake you up. Is there a time that would be best to cut the grass so we don't wake you up?"

Like I said...a super nice guy. I told him no, not to worry about that. I sleep in the back bedroom and I never hear a thing (I do hear his mower...but I sure as heck don't expect people who lead normal lives to adjust them to mine).

We continued to talk a bit when his elderly wife yelled from around the house for him to bring her a rake. He yelled back, "OK" but continued to talk with me.

About 5 minutes later she comes storming around the house and says to him, "I asked you to bring me the rake." He replied, "I'm going to. I was just making sure us doing yard work wasn't waking him up while he's sleeping."

She grabbed the rake and with the look of Satan on her face, screamed out, "I don't give a ****, we live here, too."

:n00b: I feel sorry for that guy. Every time I see her, I wave and smile. :):

I'm just sayin', sometimes it's not the neighbor.

I have another neighbor that likes to throw parties. No problem. I mind my own business...you mind yours, right? We live on a cul-de-sac so parking is limited. His partying friends got in the habit of parking blocking my mailbox. One late morning the mail lady beat on the door and told me she wouldn't deliver the mail if the box was blocked. Then turned and pointed to a car that sat there all night.

I walked to the neighbors and asked them to move the car and to please ask their friends that stay the night to please not block the mailbox.

Next Friday night, same thing. Guess who's car got towed and who isn't speaking to me? :D

I'm all broken up over it. Again, sometimes it's not the neighbor...it's the other neighbor.

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    And the prisoners weren't trained to be subservient. Human nature took it's course.

So there was zero training involved for either parties.

Shoot, you should have just posted "Read Lord of the Flies", it holds just as much weight at that experiment.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    So there was zero training involved for either parties.

Shoot, you should have just posted "Read Lord of the Flies", it holds just as much weight at that experiment.

Really? You're wanting to argue the validity of one of the most well regarded psychological experiments ever conducted which happened to be financed by the US office of Naval Research?

Please don't tell me you're an LEO. BTW, Lord of the flies is a work of fiction.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    From reading past posts...Im getting alot of mixed reviews in regards to cops. As a LEO of 8 years, Im curious on what you think of your cops, what they do good, and what they could improve upon. How did they treat you and where you happy or unhappy with the end result of your contact.

In the Marines...its never just Sgt. So & So, it was always, "US Marine throws puppy off bridge" So I get that it only takes one experience to ruin it for the rest of them...No question, off duty, some of my personal experiences havnt been that great at times...

Was curious on some of INGOs experiences and what youd like to see improved upon...

For the record...in 1200 traffic stops, Ive only written 3 citations...so take it easy on me. I think tickets do much more harm to families then good...just wanted to get that out there :)

I'd rather quote your post than make an indirect response.

My only issue with any police currently is those that enforce laws that don't exist or don't understand the laws they currently are trying to enforce.

I think there's just getting to be a few too many egotistical-insecure people finding their way into a line of work that is for the humble and respectable.

That being said, I don't do anything to encounter police on any regular basis, and I've never had so much as a speeding ticket before. Only recent thing I remember was the BMV making a mistake on the registration of my car, saying it was a different color than it was, and being informed about it by an officer.

So far only had positive encounters when I was on the wrong side of the law, just irritates me that when I'm on the right side of the law it's usually not a pleasant experience.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Really? You're wanting to argue the validity of one of the most well regarded psychological experiments ever conducted which happened to be financed by the US office of Naval Research?

Please don't tell me you're an LEO. BTW, Lord of the flies is a work of fiction.

The test was BS, and is not highly regarded except among the simple minded; the person administering the "experiment" himself said he influenced the direction of the "experiment" since he played the role of an employee of the prison (superintendent). Impartiality is vital in trying to prove something scientifically.

The BBC Prison study in 2002 is far and wide more reliable and accurate. Zimbarado's attempt is laughable and had too many uncontrollable elements to provide anything remotely "scientific".

Top Bottom