• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That bothers me, too. I grew up living by "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." She didn't do that for Alaska.

Tough call, IMO. If your enemies are about to bankrupt your state on a fishing expedition, are you serving the people of your state more by letting them do it, or by removing the target they're going after?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    If they were fishing, and you knew that, wouldn't you stay around to fight the allegations? If nothing more than to prove the critics wrong. JMO

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If they were fishing, and you knew that, wouldn't you stay around to fight the allegations? If nothing more than to prove the critics wrong. JMO

She is still around, and much more free to attack her enemies than she was in office. In office, she would have used huge amounts of the state's money going after those people, and would have been limited legally and ethically by what she as governor could do and say.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    :+1:

I will not vote for her because she bailed on her state. Im going to catch a lot of stuff for this but I am a huge Huckabee fan and want him to get the nod for POTUS but if Palin wins then I will either vote third party or swallow my pride and vote for her to help with "change."

Huckabee?
    He is a RINO who has found that talking conservatively is a way to get support.

Before you ask if I pulled that out of some orifice let me add a link for you.
    http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/12/top-story-lawmakers-are-split-on.html

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Thoughts on Sarah Palin

[STRIKE]I wanna rip her clothes off and[/STRIKE] [censored]

*Ahem*...I like her public speaking ability. I love her for her mind - no, really.
    She represents my views very well - or well enough, anyway.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Huckabee?
    He is a RINO who has found that talking conservatively is a way to get support.

Before you ask if I pulled that out of some orifice let me add a link for you.
    http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/12/top-story-lawmakers-are-split-on.html

I am not saying that he doesn't advocate spending because as Governor he did that and said he would spend even more on our defense budget if he was in office. He is however very supportive of 2A rights as well as my conservative views in life, living, and other areas. I do not know of any candidate that I can agree with 100% on every policy so I have to pick my battles and Huckabee is most in line with my views.

How were Sarah Palin's enemies going to bankrupt her state trying to go after her? I know she recieved a lot of criticism but I don't see how she was risking the state by fighting. Personally, I think she ran away and turned her back on her state to make PERSONAL money from book and speaking tours as well as get her face out there more for 2012.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I liked her a lot. Then she went to campaign for McCain's Senate re-election campaign working towards put the Enemy of the First Amendment (McCain-Feingold) and otherwise big-government Republican back in office.

There went most of what I liked about her.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I thought her Tea Party speech was a bit "sensationalistic," much like the one Steve Buyer had in Danville last year, trying to rile up the crowd with talking points.

On the other hand, the interview she gave with Chris Wallace on Sunday was much better. She seemed to parse her words carefully, while at the same time giving the appearance of humility.

I'd vote for her.

(assuming MSNBC can't find any dirt on her or the first dude with their FOIA request to their state emails.)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I liked her a lot. Then she went to campaign for McCain's Senate re-election campaign working towards put the Enemy of the First Amendment (McCain-Feingold) and otherwise big-government Republican back in office.

There went most of what I liked about her.

If McCain hadn't selected her as his running mate, would we even know who Sarah Palin is?
    I say that would be a NO!
    Her supporting him is political repayment for being where she is now.
    She feels she owes him for putting her and her ideas in the spotlight.
    I can completely understand that.
    I don't like it but I understand and I won't abandon her for it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If McCain hadn't selected her as his running mate, would we even know who Sarah Palin is?

Loyalty says a lot about a person's character.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

I would. She was discussed on Baen's Bar as a possible "good candidate" (in terms of what folk on the bar would like to see in a candidate) long before McCain made the announcement.

And yet she had claimed that McCain basically abandoned her during the election.

She says that he abandoned and didn't support her during his bid for the presidency, then turns around and endorses him for senator?

Honesty (well, as much honesty as you can get from any politician--and that's not really a slam on the individual politicians so much as recognition of the reality of politics) and straight talk was one of the things I'd hoped to see from her.

Loyalty says a lot about a person's character.

And rewarding betrayal with "loyalty" says something different.

Either she lied about being "betrayed" during the Presidential campaign or she's endorsing someone who betrayed her. Neither is something I particularly favor when it comes to breaking out of "business as usual" politics.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Sarah Palin represents exactly what the founding fathers envisioned. A citizen legislator. And the liberals so want that not to be the case! She hasn't lost her core values to a lifetime political career. I would vote for anyone with her values, and there are a few good candidates with those same values to consider.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Find it on your own: Photoshopped pic of Sarah in her bikini! Wow, what a patriotic view!! Pat.

palin.jpg

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    She hasn't lost her core values to a lifetime political career.

Unfortunately, that is what the Obama campaign ran with as well. They said he had not been in the Washington circle for a long time and that was why he could bring "change." I am not saying that Obama and Palin are anything alike but that is the exact same thing that was said about him and he has went right along with most of the same old tactics and policy that everyone else has used lately.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Unfortunately, that is what the Obama campaign ran with as well. They said he had not been in the Washington circle for a long time and that was why he could bring "change." I am not saying that Obama and Palin are anything alike but that is the exact same thing that was said about him and he has went right along with most of the same old tactics and policy that everyone else has used lately.

She has a track record of not using those tactics.

He had a blank slate.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My feeling is that Obamas core values and Sarah Palins core values are hugely different, and they might have been correct about Obama,since he has terrible core values to begin with,IMHO. If Palin retains her core values, we could all win in a Palin administration.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom