• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Typical BS Smear politics. I'm so sick of the crap already I hate to even turn on the tube.
    I still have to watch though as I still haven't decided who to vote against.
    One I can't stand, one I'm not impressed with.
    I wish I had better choices.
    You're in a very crowded boat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, even if all his friends deny it, and his accuser says he wasn't actually there, and the evidence supports Romney, he's still guilty. Nice. Very fair and open-minded.*

*(I hate being put in the position of defending Mitt)

EDIT: CBS is reporting that 5 Romney classmates remember the incident.

^^^Here's the problem as Pocket points out.

I re-read the Washington Post article, and can't find a reference to Stu White (it may be at the end).

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be identified.

''It happened very quickly, and to this day it troubles me,” said Buford, the school’s wrestling champion, who said he joined Romney in restraining Lauber.

“It was a hack job,” recalled Maxwell, a childhood friend of Romney who was in the dorm room when the incident occurred. ''It was vicious.''

Is Stu the student that asked to "not be identified"? I'm fairly convinced it happened. I just don't know the motives.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    CBS says five classmates.

Others say they never heard of this even though it was a very small school.

"We talked to some of Romney's other classmates. They said they had never heard of this incident, which they said is weird, because it was a very small school, they thought they would have heard of it. They said this was totally out of character for Romney -- that he was really funny but he was never malicious."

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I would remember doing something that cruel, though.
    iamwithstupid.gif

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Romney: "Dude, why did you say that stuff to the news? I thought you were my friend. The media is killing me" :(

White: "Sorry man, those journalists are pretty tricky. I'll call them back and tell them they got it wrong." ;)

Romney: "Thanks Stu!" :cool:

White: "No problem buddy. But hey, why didn't you deny it when the story first came out?" :n00b:

Romney: "Well, I said I didn't 'remember'" :dunno:

White: "Ah, gotcha, we'll be ok then, all we have to do is keep denying and blame the media for reporting false stories." :yesway:

Romney: "Yep, that always works... sheeple are on both sides of the fence." :rockwoot:

Sheep are like statist pigs in that neither side has a monopoly on them.

Do your own research.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    BTW, are there any stories out there from fearless leader's classmates?

Hell, are there any fearless leader classmates out there?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Others say they never heard of this even though it was a very small school.

"We talked to some of Romney's other classmates. They said they had never heard of this incident, which they said is weird, because it was a very small school, they thought they would have heard of it. They said this was totally out of character for Romney -- that he was really funny but he was never malicious."
    Five witnesses say something happened. Several others testify they are not aware of the incident. The accused claims to not remember. If on a jury, would you not find the testimony of those who weren't aware as irrelevant.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    There could be an upside to this. I can see some new campaign slogans, "Our candidate can beat up your candidate" , "Obama better HOPE that Mitt CHANGEs his mind before he gets a FORWARD face plant".

How about some others. We shouldn't let a one-sided media spun story go to waste.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There could be an upside to this. I can see some new campaign slogans, "Our candidate can beat up your candidate" , "Obama better HOPE that Mitt CHANGEs his mind before he gets a FORWARD face plant".

How about some others. We shouldn't let a one-sided media spun story go to waste.
    :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The plan is working to perfection...

We're all falling for it. Get bogged down in the minutia, out Googling the other guy to counter his/her point. The MSM and the campaigns keep dribbling the raw meat out there and the supporters tear in to it thinking it proves the other guy is a bigger slim-ball than theirs.

It's entertaining though. Plus it keeps the public from reconciling the candidates' positions on trivial things like the economy, fuel prices, corruption, etc.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I posted a story a few years ago about a teacher cutting off the hair of a student in class. I don't recall people brushing it off as a "prank." Of course, this teacher wasn't running for president as a Republican, either.

I called it assault, like it is. Unwelcome chopping of your body parts with a cutting instrument.

Imagine your wife or child getting "pranked" by a gang of fully-grown prep-school delinquents. Would it be assault then? Explain the difference.

Wisconsin teacher disciplines a 1st-grader by chopping off her hair

Okay lets compare. Romney and another juvenile of the same age are involved in an incident in school vs. an adult in an incident with a 5 year old. Theres nothing you see different here?

Sure kids shouldn't be doing stuff like that, but at least they are both kids and nobody was seriously hurt. Thats a whole lot different from a teacher who is not a peer, but figure of authority, pulling a stunt on a way younger person.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Okay lets compare. Romney and another juvenile of the same age are involved in an incident in school vs. an adult in an incident with a 5 year old. Theres nothing you see different here?

Sure kids shouldn't be doing stuff like that, but at least they are both kids and nobody was seriously hurt. Thats a whole lot different from a teacher who is not a peer, but figure of authority, pulling a stunt on a way younger person.

The alleged victim's family says the story isn't true and decries the tactics of telling a story featuring their dead relative for political purposes.

When we can find out what Obama's grades were at Columbia and Harvard and hear from some of his teachers about his work as a student, and find someone who will actually admit they knew him in school, and learn who was responsible for getting the courts to release sealed court records painting his electoral opponents in a bad light, and find out the circumstances behind "Gunwalking" in the Justice Department, I'll begin to worry about ANYTHING that Romney did before he became a politician.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Funny how the media leaves out VICIOUS things that happen in schools today...the knife fights, the pounding and kicking the sand out some poor sop, girl gangs banging the heads of other girls, the prison bars on school doors to either keep the riff raff in or to keep them out, the rape of students by teachers, both male and female. I remember tripping a kid at school who was running full blast and I stuck my foot out and his mom later called my parents to tell me how bad I was and his nice pants were all grass stained. My dad said boys are boys and maybe he shouldn't be wearing such "nice" pants and wear jeans, so he can play in the dirt and slide into home plate...

Top Bottom