• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Blame Bush if you like, the use of force in Iraq was passed by Republicans + Democrats in the House & Senate. Please dont forget to give Obama get credit for the Afghan war trooop surge, drone strikes in Pakistan the undeclared war war on Libya, interfering in Mali & Syria.

I'm not blaming one person. I'm well aware that the Democrats are no different when it comes to war. This cartoon is just misleading. Both parties have hypocritical views. I feel like both parties have this idea of grandeur in regard to their policy or party, but they are both equally immoral when it comes to taking life.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Regardless of if you are pro life or not, I don't see how the point could be lost on anyone that the dems are pissing themselves over gun violence, while pushing pro abortion legislation at every opportunity.:twocents:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I like how the conservative is standing over war enemy graves. You can't tell me that the wars that Bush started hasn't killed countless children. I watched it with my own eyes, so do not even try. Propaganda is all this is

I'll admit I had to go back and look at the cartoon after reading this.:n00b: I don't see anything anywhere in it about one political party or the other.:dunno:

So where the hell did the "blame Bush" drivel come from? We've heard nary a peep from George Bush since he left office, but some still insist blaming him for everything. God people, it's WAY past time to move on and begin dealing in the present, not the past.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    You don't necessarily have to believe that abortion should be outlawed to see the hypocrisy of their position. I am not pushing for abortion to be outlawed. I do think that a million abortions a year is a horrible thing. The left gets all outraged that 20 children were killed by a monster. I am outraged too. But they have the blood of a million babies a year on their hands. They ridicule gun owners for being unwilling to compromise but refuse to limit abortion in any way and fully support late term abortions and partial birth abortions. If one percent of women who were seeking an abortion reconsidered, then we would have saved thousands more lives than any gun ban would.

Excellent point on the position of liberals.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You don't necessarily have to believe that abortion should be outlawed to see the hypocrisy of their position. I am not pushing for abortion to be outlawed. I do think that a million abortions a year is a horrible thing. The left gets all outraged that 20 children were killed by a monster. I am outraged too. But they have the blood of a million babies a year on their hands. They ridicule gun owners for being unwilling to compromise but refuse to limit abortion in any way and fully support late term abortions and partial birth abortions. If one percent of women who were seeking an abortion reconsidered, then we would have saved thousands more lives than any gun ban would.

You got a rep from me for that...excellent post.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Regardless of if you are pro life or not, I don't see how the point could be lost on anyone that the dems are pissing themselves over gun violence, while pushing pro abortion legislation at every opportunity.:twocents:

The Dems want us to be unarmed...they do not want gun control...they will never be able to get us all onto the government plantation if some of us are arms. Wake up people they are taking our rights away a little at time...kind of like being nice and slim at age 20 and at age 40 you realize you have gain 40 pounds. Obama wants to turn our country into a 3rd world country...he will stop at nothing, this is the dream of his father, he wants to be king of the OWO.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    While I appreciate the satire-- I realize in this case it may be too generalized. Much to my surprise, not all pro-choice people are anti-gun. Since the question was left open 6 post ago-- I'll respond-- only half right. Pro-gun exemplifies a position dealing with a constitutionally given right to bear arms to protect yourself and provide for yourself(hunting), or collecting etc. whereas pro-choice revolves around the alleged right to "take a life" at the discretion of the abort-ers will and convenience.

Sullivan_pbr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romney
    Then you might be a Libertarian, as someone pointed out. I feel like the government needs to mind its own business and stay out of our lives as much as possible. Hence, why I am pro-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay marriage. Politicians should not restrict my right to own guns, the right for people to choose whether to have an abortion or not, and who can marry who. Leave those decisions up to each individual, not the choice of others.

:rockwoot:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Then you might be a Libertarian, as someone pointed out. I feel like the government needs to mind its own business and stay out of our lives as much as possible. Hence, why I am pro-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay marriage. Politicians should not restrict my right to own guns, the right for people to choose whether to have an abortion or not, and who can marry who. Leave those decisions up to each individual, not the choice of others.

I'm pretty sure the baby didn't have a choice.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Infanticide is immoral, no matter what your positions are on other issues. Murder is not excused by an LTCH.

Abortion and infanticide are not the same thing. Abortion is terminating a pregnancy before a baby is born, infanticide is killing a baby after it is born.

You certainly could argue that its a baby from conception, that is fine if that is your opinion. However they are still not the same thing.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Abortion and infanticide are not the same thing. Abortion is terminating a pregnancy before a baby is born, infanticide is killing a baby after it is born.

You certainly could argue that its a baby from conception, that is fine if that is your opinion. However they are still not the same thing.

So you are arguing that 1 second before the baby is born it isn't infanticide and after it is before it is? Isn't that a little arbitrary?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There are some who believe it is all right to kill un born babies. Some who it is ok to kill a child until it is three years. Others who believe it's ok because somebody is from a different village. A lot ,because you are not Islamic. Many, because you are not black/white.

You are libertarian. Who are you to argue.

I know. My right to kill ends where your body begins. That doesnkt go for the un/partially born though.

I think this is a form of Mental Reservation.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    but wait.. what if i'm pro-choice AND pro-gun?
    Perfect! Use one to take care of the other. Problem solved.

Abortion is terminating a pregnancy before a baby is born, infanticide is killing a baby after it is born.
    What about the "late term" or "partial birth" ones that survive the abortion and are left alone until they die? Which one is that?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    the right for people to choose whether to have an abortion or not

That's all fine and good UNTIL someone expects MY tax dollar to pay for it. Then I retain the right to involve myself.

That being said, I personally don't care if anyone chooses to have an abortion, that's between you and your "creator". Just don't feel you have some sort of made up "right" to expect me to help you pay for it.

IMO that is where most people are at in the abortion issue no matter what the media/politicians spout.

Wow did we take a left turn or what....:n00b:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So you are arguing that 1 second before the baby is born it isn't infanticide and after it is before it is? Isn't that a little arbitrary?

Im not arguing anything, I am just saying that abortion and infanticide are by definition not the same. No more, no less.

What about the "late term" or "partial birth" ones that survive the abortion and are left alone until they die? Which one is that?

Maybe both, not for me to determine. With that beings aid, partial birth abortions are illegal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Maybe both, not for me to determine. With that beings aid, partial birth abortions are illegal.
    Just seems sort of ..."convenient" that a baby can be born so early, and be "a premature baby" while others farther along than that are just "tissue".
    When your heart stops beating, you're pronounced dead. What are you pronounced when your heart starts beating?
    Either way...man or woman, if you 100% didn't want a life created... don't have sex. 100% effective unless you're the Virgin Mary.
    P.S. ~ hasn't happened since, so you're likely safe.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Here here. Some of us believe in freedom across the board, not just for the things we personally like.

Top Bottom