• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not really. If you can't stand up for the first and most important right - The Right to Life, then you don't have any credibility on other issues regarding rights.

So are you suggesting that people can't identify with either Republican or Libertarian if they support the right of the woman to choose whether to carry her fetus to term or not?

:dunno:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Then you might be a Libertarian, as someone pointed out. I feel like the government needs to mind its own business and stay out of our lives as much as possible. Hence, why I am pro-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay marriage. Politicians should not restrict my right to own guns, the right for people to choose whether to have an abortion or not, and who can marry who. Leave those decisions up to each individual, not the choice of others.

:yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Not really. If you can't stand up for the first and most important right - The Right to Life, then you don't have any credibility on other issues regarding rights.

First off, it was sarcasm. Second, I guess this is where Libertarians totally lose me and I'm sure alot of people on issues at times. Which is it, libertarians want to be left alone to do their own thing without government or society intervening or not? You can't have it both ways, and if you guys can't decide which it is on a consistent basis how do you expect others to care to join you?

And you lament why we're left with only the Democrats and Republicans....

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    So are you suggesting that people can't identify with either Republican or Libertarian if they support the right of the woman to choose whether to carry her fetus to term or not?

:dunno:

No, I'm saying people who will not acknowledge the first and most important right - The Right to Life, have no credibility regarding other discussions of rights. I don't care what they call themselves.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    No, I'm saying people who will not acknowledge the first and most important right - The Right to Life, have no credibility regarding other discussions of rights. I don't care what they call themselves.

So what you're saying is, on this issue you are ok with the government or society forcing someone to do something they don't want to do... Check:yesway:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So what you're saying is, on this issue you are ok with the government or society forcing someone to do something they don't want to do... Check:yesway:

On the contrary. Forcing people to refrain from murder is deeply ingrained in our culture and has been from the beginning of the republic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ah... word games. So you're ok with the government forcing them to carry to term then.

Pregnancy is a consequence of a choice, and apparently a poor choice of abortion is being considered as a solution. In all but a minuscule number of cases, that poor choice was made voluntarily. The escape from the consequences of a poor choice is not a justification of the murder of another human being.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If a person does not Know and follow the Author of Life their wisdon and understanding will be stunted.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

No libertarian i have ever read about or heard from has ever said that the government has no right to make murder or theft illegal and prosecute murderers, thieves, etc. They violate a person's rights to their own person and/or property rights, and are punished by what ought to be blind justice. Otherwise I might kill my neighbors and steal their stuff, or kill the co-worker who took the promotion I might otherwise have gotten. It's actually the one useful purpose of government any libertarian I have heard of will actually agree makes government needed.

The fact is that the child's right to life exists. Ignoring the child and focusing on the mother is sheer hypocrisy made possible only because the child dies without being able to make its death known or to defend itself.

Top Bottom