• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I'll admit I had to go back and look at the cartoon after reading this.:n00b: I don't see anything anywhere in it about one political party or the other.:dunno:

So where the hell did the "blame Bush" drivel come from? We've heard nary a peep from George Bush since he left office, but some still insist blaming him for everything. God people, it's WAY past time to move on and begin dealing in the present, not the past.

When you say you did not see a political party on one side or the other, that is absolutely true there isn't. However it is a political cartoon, and it is meant to draw certain conclusions by how this cartoon was illustrated. Please do not make me go into how one hill is of democrats and the other of republicans, because that is what it is. It is obvious

Now for your "why are we still blaming Bush". I'm not blaming Bush firehawk, but he is an extension of his party. I simply named Bush as the current leader of the Republican party and the current president when those wars started. I'm not blaming Bush any more than I blame any other human that has been involved with the decision to go to war. I'm using his name no more maliciously than I would in referring to Roosevelt when WWII started.

What my post is trying to get across is that I'm more worried about the ideology of each party. The only thing I can liken these current political parties to is George Orwell's term of Doublethink. It fits their way of thinking perfectly. Republicans should not be pointing fingers in such a visceral way.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    When you say you did not see a political party on one side or the other, that is absolutely true there isn't. However it is a political cartoon, and it is meant to draw certain conclusions by how this cartoon was illustrated. Please do not make me go into how one hill is of democrats and the other of republicans, because that is what it is. It is obvious

Now for your "why are we still blaming Bush". I'm not blaming Bush firehawk, but he is an extension of his party. I simply named Bush as the current leader of the Republican party and the current president when those wars started. I'm not blaming Bush any more than I blame any other human that has been involved with the decision to go to war. I'm using his name no more maliciously than I would in referring to Roosevelt when WWII started.

What my post is trying to get across is that I'm more worried about the ideology of each party. The only thing I can liken these current political parties to is George Orwell's term of Doublethink. It fits their way of thinking perfectly. Republicans should not be pointing fingers in such a visceral way.

In all honesty I did not see the cartoon as such. Political party never entered my mind. What I did see is, I'd wager a large percentage of people that are against firearms have no problem killing unborn fetus/child hence the hypocrisy. I could care less what party they affiliate with.

As far as Bush's war, it was never "his" war. The Congress voted and authorized the use of force, Bush did not act alone. Besides, IMO as soon as he left office, and Obama took office AND didn't bring the troops home, it became OBAMA'S war. He's had 4+ years to end them and has chosen not to. They are now Obama's wars, no different than continuing to blame Bush for the economy. We are living under Obama's economic policies.

George W. Bush is NOT the current leader of the Republican party. IMO he's been a gentleman, kept his mouth shut and slid into obscurity. Too bad we can't say the same for the pigs that have held the office before him or after him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    That's all fine and good UNTIL someone expects MY tax dollar to pay for it. Then I retain the right to involve myself.

That being said, I personally don't care if anyone chooses to have an abortion, that's between you and your "creator". Just don't feel you have some sort of made up "right" to expect me to help you pay for it.

IMO that is where most people are at in the abortion issue no matter what the media/politicians spout.

Wow did we take a left turn or what....:n00b:

Meanwhile the baby is wondering where his rights are? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bart, your opinion is noted. Thank you very much for sharing. You do realize that opinions are just that. Barring a message from the artist that point is not perfectly clear. According to history those tombstones were set up by Independents, Democratic Republicans, Democrats, and Republicans. Whew! Thank goodness I am a Federalist.

Washington, George, Revolutionary War, Independant

Jefferson, Thomas, Tripolitan War, Democratic Republican

Madison, James, War of 1812, Creek War, Democratic Republican

Monroe, James, 1825Indian Wars, First Seminole War, Monroe Doctrine, Democratic Republican

Jackson, Andrew, Black Hawk War, Second Seminole War, Democrat

Polk, James Knox, Mexican War, Democrat

Pierce, Franklin, Third Seminole War, Democrat

Lincoln, Abraham, Civil War, Republican

Grant, Ulysses Simpson (Hiram), Battle of the Little Bighorn, Republican

Cleveland, (Stephen) Grover, Apache Wars against Geronimo, Democrat

McKinley, William, Spanish-American, Republican

Roosevelt, Theodore, Awareded 1906 Nobel Peace Prize for his mediation in Russo-Japanese War, Republican

Wilson, (Thomas) Woodrow, World War I, League of Nations, Awarded 1919 Nobel Peace Prize, Democrat

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano, World War II, Deemocrat

Truman, Harry S., atomic bombing of Japan, Cold War with Soviet Union, United Nations, Marshall Plan, NATO, Korean War, Democrat

Eisenhower, Dwight David, Cold War with Soviet Union continues, Republican

Kennedy, John Fitzgerald, established Peace Corps, Bay of Pigs incident., Viet Nam, Democrat

Johnson, Lyndon Baines, escalated involvement in Vietnam War, Democrat

Nixon, Richard Milhous, "War on Drugs", visited China, détente with U.S.S.R., eventual withdrawal of U.S. troops from Southeast Asia, Republican

Carter, James Earl, Jr. "Jimmy.", Camp David accords between Egypt and Israel, Iranian hostage situation, Democrat

Reagan, Ronald Wilson, military involvements in Grenada, Central America, Lebanon, Libya, Cold War subsides (Glasnost*with U.S.S.R.), Republican

Bush, George Herbert Walker, Persian Gulf War I with Iraq, Republican

Clinton, William Jefferson "Bill", Persian Gulf War II with Iraq, Serbia vs. Bosnia, Kosovo, NATO..., Democrat

Bush, George W., Afgan War against the*Talliban,*and Al Qaeda, Iraqi Invasion and Occupation, "War on Terror", Republican

Obama, Barack Hussein II1961-2009-"Pashtunistan -*Waziristan War", continuing legacy of all G. W. Bush Administration wars., Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for lowering the seas, Democrat

BTW The only reason no libertarians are mentioned is because they have a hard enough time getting enough votes for dog catcher let alone President.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    but wait.. what if i'm pro-choice AND pro-gun?

That shouldn't be too difficult. Based on what you have told us elsewhere I would have an extremely difficult time accepting you as being pro-gun, so why not just stick with pro-choice?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Given the options, which would you take:

1. Illegal abortion + more welfare recipients + higher prison population.

2. Legal abortion + less welfare recipients + lower prison population.

It's not the upstanding citizens having all the kids. Ever seen Idiocracy?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is Ruth Bader Ginsberg's argument for gubment funded abortions, she thought that RvW was about euthenasia / ethnic cleansing too.

Sounds kinda NAZI LIBERAL to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

At a practical level, I will grant you that your argument has merit. That said, I cannot condone murder for political expedience.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Bart, your opinion is noted. Thank you very much for sharing. You do realize that opinions are just that. Barring a message from the artist that point is not perfectly clear. According to history those tombstones were set up by Independents, Democratic Republicans, Democrats, and Republicans. Whew! Thank goodness I am a Federalist.

Washington, George, Revolutionary War, Independant

Jefferson, Thomas, Tripolitan War, Democratic Republican

Madison, James, War of 1812, Creek War, Democratic Republican

Monroe, James, 1825Indian Wars, First Seminole War, Monroe Doctrine, Democratic Republican

Jackson, Andrew, Black Hawk War, Second Seminole War, Democrat

Polk, James Knox, Mexican War, Democrat

Pierce, Franklin, Third Seminole War, Democrat

Lincoln, Abraham, Civil War, Republican

Grant, Ulysses Simpson (Hiram), Battle of the Little Bighorn, Republican

Cleveland, (Stephen) Grover, Apache Wars against Geronimo, Democrat

McKinley, William, Spanish-American, Republican

Roosevelt, Theodore, Awareded 1906 Nobel Peace Prize for his mediation in Russo-Japanese War, Republican

Wilson, (Thomas) Woodrow, World War I, League of Nations, Awarded 1919 Nobel Peace Prize, Democrat

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano, World War II, Deemocrat

Truman, Harry S., atomic bombing of Japan, Cold War with Soviet Union, United Nations, Marshall Plan, NATO, Korean War, Democrat

Eisenhower, Dwight David, Cold War with Soviet Union continues, Republican

Kennedy, John Fitzgerald, established Peace Corps, Bay of Pigs incident., Viet Nam, Democrat

Johnson, Lyndon Baines, escalated involvement in Vietnam War, Democrat

Nixon, Richard Milhous, "War on Drugs", visited China, détente with U.S.S.R., eventual withdrawal of U.S. troops from Southeast Asia, Republican

Carter, James Earl, Jr. "Jimmy.", Camp David accords between Egypt and Israel, Iranian hostage situation, Democrat

Reagan, Ronald Wilson, military involvements in Grenada, Central America, Lebanon, Libya, Cold War subsides (Glasnost*with U.S.S.R.), Republican

Bush, George Herbert Walker, Persian Gulf War I with Iraq, Republican

Clinton, William Jefferson "Bill", Persian Gulf War II with Iraq, Serbia vs. Bosnia, Kosovo, NATO..., Democrat

Bush, George W., Afgan War against the*Talliban,*and Al Qaeda, Iraqi Invasion and Occupation, "War on Terror", Republican

Obama, Barack Hussein II1961-2009-"Pashtunistan -*Waziristan War", continuing legacy of all G. W. Bush Administration wars., Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for lowering the seas, Democrat

BTW The only reason no libertarians are mentioned is because they have a hard enough time getting enough votes for dog catcher let alone President.

I'm just trying to make sure my opinion is clear and I do not want the impression that I am blaming one person for something as I was indirectly accused of. I am in not trying to push my opinion on others only trying to make it clear.

HFDowner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    I agree. When properly carried and used guns save lives. With ultrasound and other testing available I would think it is increasinly difficult to morally stand for abortion at any stage for any reason. Meaning the procedure ends innocent lives, while defensive use of a firearm saves innocent lives.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011

Given the same options would forced sterilization work just as well and not have the murder of innocent lives involved? I do not agree with it but just making a point.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Given the same options would forced sterilization work just as well and not have the murder of innocent lives involved? I do not agree with it but just making a point.

Now you're talking eugenics, which was an early 20th century American idea that impressed Hitler so much, he adopted it. Doesn't seem right, but ...

Think of it as a preemptive strike, just like we're doing to the terrorists. If we don't fight them there, well have to fight them here.

Likewise, if you don't abort them now, you're going to pay for a lifetime of food stamps, welfare checks and handouts later.

Is it worth keeping them all alive if its going to sink the country in debt? You tell me.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    In all honesty I did not see the cartoon as such. Political party never entered my mind. What I did see is, I'd wager a large percentage of people that are against firearms have no problem killing unborn fetus/child hence the hypocrisy. I could care less what party they affiliate with.

As far as Bush's war, it was never "his" war. The Congress voted and authorized the use of force, Bush did not act alone. Besides, IMO as soon as he left office, and Obama took office AND didn't bring the troops home, it became OBAMA'S war. He's had 4+ years to end them and has chosen not to. They are now Obama's wars, no different than continuing to blame Bush for the economy. We are living under Obama's economic policies.

George W. Bush is NOT the current leader of the Republican party. IMO he's been a gentleman, kept his mouth shut and slid into obscurity. Too bad we can't say the same for the pigs that have held the office before him or after him.
    Amen brother. Won't let me add to your rep anymore now.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Now you're talking eugenics, which was an early 20th century American idea that impressed Hitler so much, he adopted it. Doesn't seem right, but ...

Think of it as a preemptive strike, just like we're doing to the terrorists. If we don't fight them there, well have to fight them here.

Likewise, if you don't abort them now, you're going to pay for a lifetime of food stamps, welfare checks and handouts later.

Is it worth keeping them all alive if its going to sink the country in debt? You tell me.
    I'm going to need a chart or graph. My reasoning is that I'm very unsure the value of a human life. Is there a dollar value I can put on it?
    I'll need a bit of help on this one. I'm clueless

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011

Forced sterilization is one way to accomplish eugenics, however, an abortion is another way to accomplish it. The only differences between the two is that one is legal, one is not and one kills children, the other prevents the potential parent from procreating. Both are morally wrong and unacceptable at any level.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Forced sterilization is one way to accomplish eugenics, however, an abortion is another way to accomplish it. The only differences between the two is that one is legal, one is not and one kills children, the other prevents the potential parent from procreating. Both are morally wrong and unacceptable at any level.

Is it morally wrong to stop an immoral person from procreating? Eventually the moral people will be out numbered by the immoral, based on their own policy.
    Sounds like slow motion self destruction to me.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    That's all fine and good UNTIL someone expects MY tax dollar to pay for it. Then I retain the right to involve myself.

That being said, I personally don't care if anyone chooses to have an abortion, that's between you and your "creator". Just don't feel you have some sort of made up "right" to expect me to help you pay for it.

IMO that is where most people are at in the abortion issue no matter what the media/politicians spout.

Wow did we take a left turn or what....:n00b:

Your point is well made. Unfortunately, our tax dollars go for plenty of things that we shouldn't be paying for. That's another argument all in itself.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Meanwhile the baby is wondering where his rights are? :dunno:

Good point, and I can't disagree.

My only point though was OUR children were born and are now 21 years old. That was our decision and I don't feel it is my place to be involved in that decision made by someone else. Again, UNLESS they expect me to help pay for it thru my tax dollars.

Rather Libertarian of me wouldn't you say?

Top Bottom