This place could be a little more welcoming...just my opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Central Florida
    I don't know man I lurk here, some times I comment, but I'm here for info generally. Most of my google searches lead here. I cannot participate in classifieds, as I'm from another state. As far people being mean, welcome to the internet sometimes you can find useful info, sometimes you have to scan thru bunch of none sense to get to it. On the other note it seems that a lot of people don't know about armslist.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sorry GSXR,

I had 1 or 2 people take a shot at me when i first joined too! there is a wealth of very smart and knowledgeable people here so it is well worth putting up with a few no talent a$$ clowns who think they are gods gifts to guns since they have a couple thousand posts!

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    The funniest part, is on one hand members with thousands of posts will call out a newb for racing to classifieds, then complain that the classifieds are full of overpriced items or "flippers".

Been on the receiving end...it's frustrating. I check the classifieds, and until recently there wasn't really anything I was interested in. There have been two guns I've pm'd about.

The he rule and restriction about pm's is the most frustrating to me. If you want to ask someone something "quietly" as not to bring on extra flaming, you can't.

But, it is, what it is. The rules are in place probably because a few ruined it for the many. This forum actually runs pretty well, and people are willing to manage the threads, which helps the mods. I suppose I'd rather it be this way than the opposite.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I have been lurking on here for months before I became a member, and even glanced at the classifieds every now and then, and i see alot of overpriced stuff, as i do on armslist. It's just the way it is. Alot of people trying to make a buck off of the newbies. The gun and ammo business is booming now, so all the "flippers" and such come out of the woodwork. It will eventually settle down......hopefully. I have been around Firearms for About 25 years, and i don't know everything, and people who claim they do are lying, or trying to cover up that they don't know jack and are just repeating what they hear hanging out with their friends. Just brush off the ones that are worried about you "rushing to the classifieds" and have fun. Keep on keepin on.

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have learned quick that it's like being in a pool with a bunch of people you don't like... I just try to make the best of it and maybe come out with a few friends and shooting buddies. Other than that... I have plenty of friends. So have a thick coat like some have said and keep posting to whatever you have an opinion about they all do the same....

Top Bottom