This place could be a little more welcoming...just my opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OP, welcome. :welcome: :wavey:

While a couple of smileys don't really make up for the snark you mention, I'm partly sorry and partly not sorry that our members do that.

As mentioned upthread, our focus here since 2008 has been that INGO is not only a family-friendly board, but a community unto itself.
    We are protective of that community, and we carry guns. :):
    Seriously, the self-policing, as you indicate you understand, is a good thing. Some of us get a little overzealous, and there are times I start seeing "I agree", "Yeah, that", and "^^What he said" posts and I have to look to see first who the poster is (that is, long timer with a high post count vs. spamming newbie) and then, if I pull up a newbie's post history and see a bunch of that or the dreaded, "1", "2", "3", occasionally, I have to read through them all to make sure I'm not trashing the one quality post in the pile of one-liners. (though I will admit it's kinda fun sometimes to let them get to #49 and then merge them all together into one. Yeah, once in a great while, I'm that guy.)
    With all that, it saddens me that some good contributors, just getting their feet wet here, so to speak, get caught up in that net. I don't really know of a workable solution to that; Only the guy posting knows his true intent, though looking at patterns, sometimes it feels like we can predict the future.

Regardless of all the above, I am glad you've posted this OP and continued in the thread to follow. This is a point of which we should all remain cognizant, and guard our actions so as to not run off the good folks.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the members who do keep watch on the board and report those things they see that violate the site rules. You are all very much appreciated for doing so, as with so few mods, we cannot be everywhere. (We can, however, be where you least expect us. :shady: ;) )

To all, a good day, a better weekend, and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My first post was responded to with "this post is worthless without pics". I took it personally. I was wrong and got over it.

People are people even on the Internet. It's a fun place to hang out, just sit at a different lunch table :D

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Something I didn't know for awhile was that posts in PURPLE are meant to be tongue in cheek or sarcastic or facetious.

A great way to raise your post count is to start a thread about post counts.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Yep..It is just like life in general, we often miss a lot because of our wit..and our big duck in a small puddle syndrome. I have a friend who is a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Army. He has been all over the world, through a couple of wars...He does not suffer fools gladly. We miss a lot of experienced insight like he would have to offer, because of those who have nothing better to do than exercise their sarcasm.
    Anyway..we are glad you are here.Please contribute.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    There are a bunch of a-holes on here and thats why I left for awhile. Appreciate that when I return and hit New Posts....I find it still is full of uppity people. Good thread and maybe newer members like yourself can make this a better place like it was years ago.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's true, but it's kinda like the rest of the world......why get rid of something people find useful/enjoy, because of a few *******s? I like the thought of getting rid of the *******s better.

Here is the reason for the existence of the classifieds and the 50 post rule.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Oh, I'm not going anywhere. I like it here. I'm absorbing the knowledge and have thick enough skin to brush off the rubbish. I was just hoping to give people something to think about. I appreciate your comment, and for the record, I'm already addicted. Take care.

Good call. This is new terrain and it takes a while to get the hang of the folks around here. You can see by my post count I do usually have a lot to say either. Lots of good stuff and people in here though. Take Care!

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    "Moreover, this is the net, you need a thicker skin to be on MOST groups,"

True that. You can flamed on any board. Toy cars, hot rods and others....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm the exact opposite. My first 50 posts were good ones and the rest have been crap ever since.

Top Bottom