• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Anyone else find themselves Cringing with anger for that guy? I'm not sure in that situation I would have wanted to be carrying. It would more then likely turned for the worse. As one or more on the attackers could have been carrying too. And being alone he might have had no chance.

Even if he drew a gun quickly and fired at the first attacker one or more could just as well rushed him and taken his gun and killed him.

I have mixed emotions on his situation, and how I think I would have reacted if it were me. At least I think i would have tried to get away. Or at least put up a fight trying.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Didn't read through all of this, but the news I read said the guy was wasted and from out of state. That's why I don't go out to get hammered.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He put himself in a bad spot. Had he been carrying, his piece would just now be out in the wild anyway. He would have been lucky to clear his holster, let alone use it. Several stories I've read said he had been drinking.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Having a gun is not the issue. Not putting yourself in a situation like that is the issue.
    He seems to be drunk. In a bad area. Much of Baltimore is.
    Very scary video but totally preventable. Gun or no gun.

I will agree that in THIS CASE, the situational awareness was lacking. But it can happen ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME of day. I had it happen here last summer. Thankfully, I was carrying, and when I drew...they scattered. Broad daylight, busy intersection, in a part of town NOT considered to be rough. And until i saw them walking towards me.....it was a very pleasant day.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What if....?

He wasn't drunk? What if he was diabetic?... epiletic?... Was minding his own business trying to get home and his disoreintation was caused by the strike to the back of the head? It was your grand parent with alzheimers or dementia?

I don't think anyone here is saying he diserved those actions, however as a witness to these events I believe in having a moral obligation to interceed on the weaker party's behave.

With that said, this young man may have also very well been the instigater of the situation, he and some of his friends might have roughted up a buddy of the offending group. I don't generally get worked up over thirty second video clip as very little information is really ever know. Point in case this media fubar in the young man shot in Florida, talk about a race/anti-gun witch hunt!

Top Bottom