• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I personally think he was screwed. As soon as he got surrounded he was done for. That garbage had a clear plan of attack and it looked practiced. Why was he sitting there alone is my major question. In any area I don't feel comfortable in I come prepared to get in and get out with zero stoppage of motion if possible. And, if I have to dwell somewhere, I'll preplan a very public meeting place at a restaurant or bar and back myself into a nice controlable corner. I go everywhere legally possible with a gun, knife, and a bic pen. This guy looked hopelessly lost. You can tell he knows he's in trouble when they start to grind on him.

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a question. I can recall many people stating in other situations on here that they just would call police and "make a good witness" if they witnessed a crime. If you saw this happening could you just sit and watch? Or would you step up and intervene? Would your answer be different if the victim were a woman?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i feel if i was in that situation, and of coarse i wasnt, but i would have to empty mister glock, and only after the glock was done talking, then they can have my stuff.
    these people are whats wrong with this country.
    its the mentality that says stealing is something to brag about. that its funny.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Having a gun is not the issue. Not putting yourself in a situation like that is the issue.
    He seems to be drunk. In a bad area. Much of Baltimore is.
    Very scary video but totally preventable. Gun or no gun.

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having a gun is not the issue. Not putting yourself in a situation like that is the issue.
    He seems to be drunk. In a bad area. Much of Baltimore is.
    Very scary video but totally preventable. Gun or no gun.

I think we can all agree that it is our responsibility, first, to keep ourselves from dangerous situations. That being said, we have all made poor choices in our lives, especially when we were young. Bet he will be Mr.Awareness from that point on.

But what we immediately see in that video shouldn't be that the guy should have known not to be there, it should be that a group of animals attacked a man for virtually no reason and no one attempted to help him. Who shot the video? Were there seriously no other people in the area besides worthless pieces of trash? Why do we not watch out for each other as a society?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think we can all agree that it is our responsibility, first, to keep ourselves from dangerous situations. That being said, we have all made poor choices in our lives, especially when we were young. Bet he will be Mr.Awareness from that point on.

But what we immediately see in that video shouldn't be that the guy should have known not to be there, it should be that a group of animals attacked a man for virtually no reason and no one attempted to help him. Who shot the video? Were there seriously no other people in the area besides worthless pieces of trash? Why do we not watch out for each other as a society?

I ask myself that everyday I go to work

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That just makes it all the more sad!

why?

^^from looking at the comments on the video apparently there were LEO's parked relatively close-by (meant for shelly)

That really doenst imply anything other than that a police car was "parked relatively close-by." Some guys park their cars on the side of the street, and do biking patrols that can go for quite a distance.

Now it those cars were related to "Kitt," then I would expect them to help.

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That really doenst imply anything other than that a police car was "parked relatively close-by." Some guys park their cars on the side of the street, and do biking patrols that can go for quite a distance.

In our area they even tried purposely parking the cars in specific areas, unattended, to simply give the appearance of a police presence as a deterrent. Not sure if it worked or if it is a common tactic but I really cannot imagine officers just watching this happen.

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    why?

It would be sad if not only were citizens ignoring this attack, but sworn officers, again I see low likelihood but that would be quite sad.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    why?

i got the notion from the comments that the LEO's were in the car, now, there is no way to prove that so i understand what you are saying lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i got the notion from the comments that the LEO's were in the car, now, there is no way to prove that so i understand what you are saying lol

If they were, that would be horrible. But seriously, I woud find that very doubtful. The opportunity to "thump" a legit bad guy? C'mon, I'd push other officers flat on there faces to run up and play JBT.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    As a civi, worried about this other mans life, a man literally being mobbed by thugs, how would you proceed? A) call the cops, present arms and call out a warning; or B) call the cops, present arms and open fire; or C) present arms, call warning, open fire, call cops and a clean up crew? You're in a bad area, surrounded by useless garbage, would it be wise to engage in a rescue mission. Or do you think it would turn into the middle east with people shooting from apartment windows and stuff? I've heard/read that Detroit communities are hiring private security teams to patrol their neighborhoods because the LEO's cant keep up with the land slide of crime. Is that what it's coming to everywhere? Do you think privatized mini-militias and security teams will become common place in many US towns?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    here is an additional description i found, gives more details

As Baltimore cops investigate the videotaped beating of a tourist on St. Patrick’s Day, a second clip showing the brutal attack could help police identify members of the mob who knocked the victim to the ground, stole his belongings, and even tore his pants off.

The video, seen above, was shot by an onlooker outside a downtown courthouse, where the tourist was sucker-punched by an attacker. The victim, wearing a Mountain Dew shirt, crumpled to the sidewalk and hit his head.

While on the ground, the man was set upon by about ten attackers, who stole his Tag Heuer watch, money, iPhone, and keys to his Audi, according to police. The dazed and defenseless victim is also punched, kicked, and even hit with a shoe by several assailants.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    After watching that video and actually shook from anger! I'm glad I wasn't their, as I would undoubtedly be questioned by the DA as to why I felt it necessary to empty ALL 3 Glock magazines into those animals. Rapid **cking dogs!

Top Bottom