Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just wondering why someone doesn't start their own forum to discuss local politics, religion, race relations etc. The things a handful of folks on here like to ***** about nearly daily. You could link it to INGO in every thread that is teetering on going south.
    Just an idea...:popcorn:

No offense, but I'm pretty sure all the fussing, whining and silly word play isn't gonna change the INGO rules. Why not make a forum to link to where you can have free reign?

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think the mods are that strict about it. From what I've seen, the rule has been enforced on comparing the religion to negative acts. Saying the word, itself, isn't harmful or accusational.

DrillSGT asked a question about a "word" being banned here. I'd say the answer to his question is "No", it's not a banned word. However, discussion of the meaning and background of the word is against the "No religion" rule.

We use underscores and alternate words in jest... but fear for the inconsistency of the banhammer is likely the reason for that.

Didn't someone in the Canada thread get the hammer for just putting that word with a question mark?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just wondering why someone doesn't start their own forum to discuss local politics, religion, race relations etc. The things a handful of folks on here like to ***** about nearly daily. You could link it to INGO in every thread that is teetering on going south.
    Just an idea...:popcorn:

No offense, but I'm pretty sure all the fussing, whining and silly word play isn't gonna change the INGO rules. Why not make a forum to link to where you can have free reign?
    Negative, Ghostrider, that logic is flawed.

This isn't about what the rules are. This is about how the rules are enforced.

And for the love of Pete, it's free REIN. :): As in giving the horse his head, as in giving the horse the freedom to decide where to go instead of being controlled by the rider. What is free reign anyway? Isn't that a redundancy?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Negative, Ghostrider, that logic is flawed.

This isn't about what the rules are. This is about how the rules are enforced.

And for the love of Pete, it's free REIN. :): As in giving the horse his head, as in giving the horse the freedom to decide where to go instead of being controlled by the rider. What is free reign anyway? Isn't that a redundancy?

Sorry, I'll try to find a better grammar/spell checker with brains. :)

I'm just sayin', if "these problems" are such a big deal that they MUST be discussed nearly every single day, why not take them elsewhere? Make your own rules and enforcement there? No language filter, no mods, no rulez? Why not?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry, I'll try to find a better grammar/spell checker with brains. :)
    I'm available anytime :cool:

I'm just sayin', if "these problems" are such a big deal that they MUST be discussed nearly every single day, why not take them elsewhere? Make your own rules and enforcement there? No language filter, no mods, no rulez? Why not?
    I'm happy to live within the rules. As they are written. Even though I dislike them. That has never been my beef.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I'm happy to live within the rules. As they are written. Even though I dislike them. That has never been my beef.

I'm not speaking exclusively of you. There seems to be a handful of folks who make it their routine to gripe daily about the rules and or enforcement. Why?
    I don't get what the big deal is about starting a separate forum for "fringe" discussion. One where the content doesn't readily blow back on ALL the forums participants as if their characterization was in the forum's title.
    Indiana
    Gun
    Owners

could certainly participate, but not necessarily be classified as such by virtue of the forum's name.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not speaking exclusively of you. There seems to be a handful of folks who make it their routine to gripe daily about the rules and or enforcement. Why?
    I don't get what the big deal is about starting a separate forum for "fringe" discussion. One where the content doesn't readily blow back on ALL the forums participants as if their characterization was in the forums title.
    Indiana
    Gun
    Owners

could certainly participate, but not necessarily be classified as such by virtue of the forum's name.

Read closer at some people's complaints. It's less about the rules (I respect and try to abide by them), but mostly about the questionable or inconsistent enforcement of said rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Read closer at some people's complaints. It's less about the rules (I respect and try to abide by them), but mostly about the questionable or inconsistent enforcement of said rules.

It's the same thing. Complaining is complaining. Some do it daily.
    I'm suggesting a solution to the problem, whatever you choose to call it.

I know there are members on here plenty sharp enough to accomplish this. You sir are one of the prime candidates. :yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's the same thing. Complaining is complaining. Some do it daily.
    I'm suggesting a solution to the problem, whatever you choose to call it.

I know there are members on here plenty sharp enough to accomplish this. You sir are one of the prime candidates. :yesway:

Or, let the problem get solved from within. Did you notice a mod recently resigned for the exact reason we've been discussing recently? I'm hoping mods will notice the problem from within and stop putting the blame on users (who aren't ENTIRELY culpable). There exist less-than-perfect mods, they aren't infallible. We have to live with it until changes are made. Until then, I'll continue enjoying INGO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Or, let the problem get solved from within. Did you notice a mod recently resigned for the exact reason we've been discussing recently? I'm hoping mods will notice the problem from within and stop putting the blame on users (who aren't ENTIRELY culpable). There exist less-than-perfect mods, they aren't infallible. We have to live with it until changes are made. Until then, I'll continue enjoying INGO.

In other words, you feel that the regular complaining will convince the staff that they are wrong and should do things your way? While the site admin is posting "Give the mods a break?"

Que's still here and his banner still reads "Moderator." Maybe the resignation was not accepted?

All the while, you could be running your own "Breaking News" site with your own rules and your own moderation? Linking to INGO to "steal" away those who are kept down by the man. Heck, you could even have your own Bugatti ... :dunno:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom