• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Her dealer should have read her the Meth warning label.

"Warning: Do not operate heavy machinery after Ampin"

Lucky the mower didn't start.

You say her husband left her? (can't imagine why) Sounds like she's unhappy with her boyfriend too. :(
    I've got the answer to all her problems.

MethMatch.com: The #1 Dating Site for Meth Addicts

There's still hope.......

Maybe the fact that her husband left her is what made her turn to drugs :dunno:

And I should not be laughing at that link but it IS funny...in a sick way :):

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am fortunate to not have to fight her demons every day like she does. Who knows her underlying story. Maybe she loves drugs, maybe she loves the break they giver her from her real life?

Sounds like you've made efforts to help in the past. Getting her mower working and leaving a positive note of encouragement could be another option. We have such a narrow window into her life that I'm not prepared to write her off yet.

I think this lady needs your influence in her life. Maybe she's a project God has given you?
    I'm sure we all have these people in our lives. How many personal stories of recovery start with someone who choose to make a difference in a life? I post this to challenge all of us.

http://youtu.be/g_m2FkisN98

Look at the people condemning Bisard for his alcohol abuse. But it is the same thing. People self medicate for emotional illness. Much of the abuse of drugs and alcohol is due to mental health reasons.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Look at the people condemning Bisard for his alcohol abuse. But it is the same thing. People self medicate for emotional illness. Much of the abuse of drugs and alcohol is due to mental health reasons.

People are condemning Bisard not for his alcoholism, but for the fact that he killed people and then (allegedly) lied about being under the influence. This is not even close to the same thing.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have some people like this in my family. I'll guarantee that nothing bad has happened to them in their life. They have been spoiled and catered to their whole life. They're just PITAs to everyone around them. I don't buy the tragic life experience for every single drug-abuser. Some just do them so they don't have to work, etc...:ranton:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People are condemning Bisard not for his alcoholism, but for the fact that he killed people and then (allegedly) lied about being under the influence. This is not even close to the same thing.

But that behavior is typical of those who abuse substances. I doubt that he started out with that problem.

And the other problem is that those people injured or killed would not have been as likely to have been that vulnerable if they had been in a car rather than on a bike.

Plus most of the bikers being shown in the news seem to have similar problems to what Bisard has.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have some people like this in my family. I'll guarantee that nothing bad has happened to them in their life. They have been spoiled and catered to their whole life. They're just PITAs to everyone around them. I don't buy the tragic life experience for every single drug-abuser. Some just do them so they don't have to work, etc...:ranton:

Agreed. Some drug users are just losers. Plain and simple. But to immediately assume that about someone is pretty presumptuous.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    But that behavior is typical of those who abuse substances. I doubt that he started out with that problem.

And the other problem is that those people injured or killed would not have been as likely to have been that vulnerable if they had been in a car rather than on a bike.

Plus most of the bikers being shown in the news seem to have similar problems to what Bisard has.

Well how dare they be on a bike and expect to not be run over. The nerve of those people. And what makes you think they have a similar problem as him (honest question, not sarcasm)?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

When you say "bikers" do you mean motorcycle riders? If so, I know A LOT of motorcycle riders that don't drink. I for one don't drink alcohol at all. Yes there are some riders that do drink too much then ride and makes all the other riders look bad.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Did you offer her some gas? Maybe her mower was empty. Maybe she forgot to prime it properly. Was it fully choked? Has it had a tune-up recently?

There are many variables here...

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I feel bad for her. I probably would've gone over and helped her start the dang thing. I know I can't get most pull start engine equipment started by myself when sober, let alone if I were ever not in my right mind. Poor gal.

I don't really see it as something to laugh at. As a person who struggled with enough issues as a teenager, all it takes is for one good influence to come along and make things completely different for a person. *shrug* Everyone has demons, and everyone deals with them in different ways. It's just sad when someone feels the only way out is through self-destructive and self-deprecating behaviour.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana

So if it had been people walking across the street it would have been their fault for not being in a car? What if they were in an econobox instead of a luxury (ie safer) car and were killed? Oh well, their fault too.

From this post, and others, you seem to have it in for motorcyclists. Just because some motorcyclists don't shave on the weekends/vacation and wear leathers doesn't mean they don't put on a suit and dress "LIKE AND EDUCATED PERSON." With as popular as motorcycling is these days your prejudice is outdated.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So if it had been people walking across the street it would have been their fault for not being in a car? What if they were in an econobox instead of a luxury (ie safer) car and were killed? Oh well, their fault too.

From this post, and others, you seem to have it in for motorcyclists. Just because some motorcyclists don't shave on the weekends/vacation and wear leathers doesn't mean they don't put on a suit and dress "LIKE AND EDUCATED PERSON." With as popular as motorcycling is these days your prejudice is outdated.

:+1:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

:+1: Rep inbound!!!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I feel bad for her. I probably would've gone over and helped her start the dang thing. I know I can't get most pull start engine equipment started by myself when sober, let alone if I were ever not in my right mind. Poor gal.

I don't really see it as something to laugh at. As a person who struggled with enough issues as a teenager, all it takes is for one good influence to come along and make things completely different for a person. *shrug* Everyone has demons, and everyone deals with them in different ways. It's just sad when someone feels the only way out is through self-destructive and self-deprecating behaviour.

Great post. It would have taken less effort to help her than it did to film her through the bushes, upload the video, and make a post on the internet. I guess I really do not understand the thrust of the OP.

Hoosierdoc as well. Great post.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ....................I think this lady needs your influence in her life. Maybe she's a project God has given you?
    I'm sure we all have these people in our lives. How many personal stories of recovery start with someone who choose to make a difference in a life? I post this to challenge all of us.

http://youtu.be/g_m2FkisN98

Thank you Doc for your wonderful reply. This thread and your reply made my day.

I have had many people that I thought God brought them into my life to make my life better, but I was often wrong. God brought me into their life to make their life better.

God gives us many chances to prove to Him that we are worthy of His Love. While we do not know those chances we've missed, we do know when we did take that chance and do good because God smiles on us.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So if it had been people walking across the street it would have been their fault for not being in a car? What if they were in an econobox instead of a luxury (ie safer) car and were killed? Oh well, their fault too..........

When people tell me BS about it's all my fault, such as if I hadn't __________ (fill in the blank) this wouldn't have occured, I tell them to blame Hitler. If he would have killed my father when he had the chance, I wouldn't have been born and the ____________ you're talking about would not have happened.

Crap Happens: it's as true now and it was when the saying was on T-Shirts.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I am fortunate to not have to fight her demons every day like she does. Who knows her underlying story. Maybe she loves drugs, maybe she loves the break they giver her from her real life?

Sounds like you've made efforts to help in the past. Getting her mower working and leaving a positive note of encouragement could be another option. We have such a narrow window into her life that I'm not prepared to write her off yet.

I think this lady needs your influence in her life. Maybe she's a project God has given you?
    I'm sure we all have these people in our lives. How many personal stories of recovery start with someone who chose to make a difference in a life? I post this to challenge all of us.

That's a good post Doc, and definitely a challenge. I'd like to tell a relevant story to that end.

I used to work on an ambulance in a northern Lake County city. As one would might imagine, we were VERY busy; a 24 hour shift meant you were up and working most, if not all of those 24 hours. We had what we call our regulars or frequent fliers. These regulars were people with various afflictions, whether being medical, psychological, or chemical dependency issues. The group with chemical dependency issues were the hardest for us EMS providers to deal with because it was easy to label their afflictions as their own fault.

We had one regular in particular that the various crews had trouble dealing with. I will call her Jane. Jane had asthma, and Jane loved crack. Unfortunately, every time (usually daily) Jane would smoke crack it would set off her asthma. It got to the point where most crews would not treat her asthma, as one provider said "She'll live until we get her to the hospital, why waist the effort?"
    Something about Jane touched me however, and I don't know what it was. With out a doubt, ever shift (or two at the most) we would pick up Jane somewhere in the city. She was either having an asthma attack or "freaking out" from the crack, sometimes both. Every time I picked her up, I treated her, then I talked to her. I talked about getting off crack and getting herself together. How she could do it if she tried. I even offered to be a resource for her, offering my personal cell number. Many times I would stay for a short time with her in her emergency room, trying to run some interference between her and the nurses who didn't want to deal with her either. Both the other crews and the ER staff started referring to her as my "girlfriend." "We picked up your girlfriend again," or "Your girlfriend was in here for a breathing treatment and food again."
    At this point I want to let you know that I'm not better than any of these providers or nurses. We in the medical field get burnt out seeing the same sh*t, same misery, and same patients every day. There are some I wished I had treated better, encouraged more...I just saw something in Jane.
    After ten years, I was in the process of leaving that city, using up my vacation and comp time. I only had a few scheduled days left. It had been months since I'd seen Jane, rumor had it she had moved away.
    On my last day I saw Jane sitting in a wheelchair near the ER desk. She was thinner than she had every been, but she looked like she was taking care of herself. When she saw me she called me over by name. She told me that she had indeed moved to another city...and she had cleaned herself up and was off crack. Unfortunately she had been diagnosed with cancer, and was waiting to receive treatment. She also told me that she remembers that I was the only one on the ambulance who had cared about her, had encouraged her to get off of crack, and who had treated her with decency. She thanked me and gave me a hug...and we both cried. I never saw her again, but I think about her often.

I may have treated thousands of people, saving many lives along the way, but saving her soul was the thing I remember most.

Top Bottom