• ...and so much more!
  • Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    My neighbor is major meth head.

Hope you can prove it, if not it's actionable libel. Dust off your homowners policy. I doubt you're covered.

The nice thing about your alleged meth head neighbor is that she actually tries to mow her lawn. My meth head neighbors just pile cars and autoparts on their lawn so they can chain their pitbulls to them to keep the grass from growing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I may have treated thousands of people, saving many lives along the way, but saving her soul was the thing I remember most.

That's what life is all about. Well done good and faithful servant :yesway:

I have my fair share of patients like that as well. Can't say I always act as you did but your story is a good reminder that I should try.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have dealt with such issues. Brother, friends and cousins. A real addict will take your kindness as weakness and in the end you will be far the worse for your efforts. JMHO from life's endless lessons.
    If you choose to help be cautious of the druggy boy friend. Misery loves company and you will become a target.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I am fortunate to not have to fight her demons every day like she does. Who knows her underlying story. Maybe she loves drugs, maybe she loves the break they giver her from her real life?

Sounds like you've made efforts to help in the past. Getting her mower working and leaving a positive note of encouragement could be another option. We have such a narrow window into her life that I'm not prepared to write her off yet.

I think this lady needs your influence in her life. Maybe she's a project God has given you?
    I'm sure we all have these people in our lives. How many personal stories of recovery start with someone who chose to make a difference in a life? I post this to challenge all of us.

http://youtu.be/g_m2FkisN98
    I'm glad you posted this. I figured for sure this was going to be a pile-on. Sad thing is I didn't see anything in that video that indicated she was a meth head. Had the OP not said anything, I would have seen a woman with strength/stamina issues for whom the lawn mower not working is just one more pissant battle she has to fight. And she doesn't have anything in the tank to fight it.

So if it had been people walking across the street it would have been their fault for not being in a car? What if they were in an econobox instead of a luxury (ie safer) car and were killed? Oh well, their fault too.
    Well, the causal factor of the accident wouldn't necessarily been their fault, but people are stuck with the consequences of their choices. I've been berated by a friend for driving vehicles that were "too big" because if I hit his family in their small car, I might kill them. And having seen what my 350 did to a Cadillac that pulled out in front of Mr88GT, yeah, I just might kill them. Whose choice was it to buy that smaller car? :dunno:

I agree with your point as it is intended as a counter to the silliness you quoted. But I don't have much sympathy for people who bear the brunt of their choices and then complain about it because other people didn't alter their life choices to make life easier for the ones who got hurt.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    That's what life is all about. Well done good and faithful servant :yesway:

I have my fair share of patients like that as well. Can't say I always act as you did but your story is a good reminder that I should try.

Thank you. Like I said in my post I wasn't like that with everyone, but I try.

As you said in your post, it is a challenge. It is a challenge to be patient enough to deal with the person, knowing they may not be listening and things may never change. It is also hard for us to follow up on patients like this. In my case I can easily see the results when treating a diabetic, a heroin OD, etc. It is those pts that require longer care that we never know the outcome of, so it is hard to say if our actions resulted in a positive outcome or result.

With the OP it is very close to home. It affects his family directly. That can make his patience very short. Protecting the family and homestead would likely outweigh his willingness to help. I have a feeling he posted the video out of frustration with the situation. It may have been his "call for help," or at least understanding.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why would anyone post a video like this? Does everyone not know that drugs are bad and will screw up your life? OP, do you have some kind of need to feel superior to someone else by posting videos of them to share with the world?

Here is something I thought I'd share. I make no claims as to the accuracy of this depiction, but if you watch the video and look at other clues, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who to name in the lawsuit.

How does it feel to be snooped on?

What?
    Are you some kind of Meth Activists? Are they an endangered species now? :dunno:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    op has a crop circle in his backyard!!!!!!!! you've all been tricked by an alien, good luck with the anal probings...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it not strange how folks see that video. So many different takes on it from she needs help (which is obvious) to the "You are a bad person for posting this.

I still think giving out the overhead was a bit much. If you are OK with it then so am I.

Go downtown or into the country folks. Meet and greet with some of these whacked out people. Regardless of what put the pipe in their hands..............they chose to take it up. The choices we make set our path in this life. I see good in a lot of people who slide into the dark side. They need to see it themselves ir you can not help them. They have to want help.
    Personal experience with many in my life. We helped save 2 and lost everyone else.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    OP let me just throw this out there. yes some addicts pretend they dont want help, yes some addicts may get mean if help is offered; but inside every addict somewhere there is a spark a desire to be what they used to be. I dont think meth addicts smile in the mirror and say god I love these teeth. Sometimes the one act of kindness that will turn an addict around go unspoken and anonymous or without reason. instead of filming her trying to mow her law just take it upon yourself to go mow her lawn for her. Just get up, mow her lawn, go back home drink a cold brew and realize that the greatest heroes in this life are the anonymous kind. No matter how bad things in this life get one act of random kindness can turn them around.

Somewhere deep down inside her there is a desire to be a better person, it may be shackled by what ever horrors she encountered that made her the way she was. You do not know what made her the way she was. Perhaps the meth addiction is the last string that is keeping her living.

I heard a story once of a homeless man downtown, nicest homeless man you would ever meet, but he was addicted to being homeless and the lifestyle that came with it. Everyone thought he was just a wierd old homeless man and treated him as such. Truth be told once you found out his story from him and IMPD, he used to be a teacher, had a phd and all, one night he and his wife were downtown and were mugged, they beat himsenseless and then proceeded to rape and murder his wife infront of him. Thats what drove him to where he was.

Before you shrug this off and just go back to the meth head bashing let me just tell you from one recovered mild addict that its true one act of kindness can make the difference between night and day, I grew up with an alcoholic and an addict and never thought I would become one, and although I wasnt addicted to anything quite like meth, painkillers can wreck your life too. You can ask my better half i much prefer a super hot shower to a painkiller or NSAID for everything from headaches to kidney stones.
    Uncle Sam had this nasty habit of here take these ranger candies (800mg Ibuprofen), Here take this toridol, flexeril, hydrocodone... It was a wee bit of nasty. Thank god it only lasted a short time....

I guess I was House before House got trendy and syndicated.

If you dont want to mow her yard let me know I will pack up my mower and go up and do my best to change the world 1 act of random kindness at a time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP let me just throw this out there. yes some addicts pretend they dont want help, yes some addicts may get mean if help is offered; but inside every addict somewhere there is a spark a desire to be what they used to be. I dont think meth addicts smile in the mirror and say god I love these teeth. Sometimes the one act of kindness that will turn an addict around go unspoken and anonymous or without reason. instead of filming her trying to mow her law just take it upon yourself to go mow her lawn for her. Just get up, mow her lawn, go back home drink a cold brew and realize that the greatest heroes in this life are the anonymous kind. No matter how bad things in this life get one act of random kindness can turn them around.

Somewhere deep down inside her there is a desire to be a better person, it may be shackled by what ever horrors she encountered that made her the way she was. You do not know what made her the way she was. Perhaps the meth addiction is the last string that is keeping her living.

I heard a story once of a homeless man downtown, nicest homeless man you would ever meet, but he was addicted to being homeless and the lifestyle that came with it. Everyone thought he was just a wierd old homeless man and treated him as such. Truth be told once you found out his story from him and IMPD, he used to be a teacher, had a phd and all, one night he and his wife were downtown and were mugged, they beat himsenseless and then proceeded to rape and murder his wife infront of him. Thats what drove him to where he was.

Before you shrug this off and just go back to the meth head bashing let me just tell you from one recovered mild addict that its true one act of kindness can make the difference between night and day, I grew up with an alcoholic and an addict and never thought I would become one, and although I wasnt addicted to anything quite like meth, painkillers can wreck your life too. You can ask my better half i much prefer a super hot shower to a painkiller or NSAID for everything from headaches to kidney stones.
    Uncle Sam had this nasty habit of here take these ranger candies (800mg Ibuprofen), Here take this toridol, flexeril, hydrocodone... It was a wee bit of nasty. Thank god it only lasted a short time....

I guess I was House before House got trendy and syndicated.

If you dont want to mow her yard let me know I will pack up my mower and go up and do my best to change the world 1 act of random kindness at a time.

Yes, sometimes this will work. Sometimes it will get you attacked or worse.
    Nothing at all wrong with wanting to help. I understand the video and his frustration.

Congrates on overcoming your issues. I have been down the same road but different desires. I looked in the mirror and said "I hate who you have become" and went about changing that in myself. You have to want it......

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I feel bad for her. I probably would've gone over and helped her start the dang thing. I know I can't get most pull start engine equipment started by myself when sober, let alone if I were ever not in my right mind. Poor gal.

I don't really see it as something to laugh at. As a person who struggled with enough issues as a teenager, all it takes is for one good influence to come along and make things completely different for a person. *shrug* Everyone has demons, and everyone deals with them in different ways. It's just sad when someone feels the only way out is through self-destructive and self-deprecating behaviour.

Agreed.

Life is HARD.
    If you don't believe it now... just wait. It's easy to be self-righteous when you're relatively health and happy. But the world is mean. Maybe it won't be this year or the next, but some day you may find yourself on the other end of the camera. If drugs or alcohol don't get you, maybe you'll develop dementia or something of the sort ... and people can feel sorry for you / or just laugh at you.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. Maybe after looking through this post I'll do something different when I see something like this.

Any even if the lady in the video is a hopeless case, it wouldn't hurt to keep showing some kindness, would it?

Don't know. Easy for me to say. She's not my neighbor.

To the OP:
    Good thread. Very thought provoking

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Agreed.

Life is HARD.
    If you don't believe it now... just wait. It's easy to be self-righteous when you're relatively health and happy. But the world is mean. Maybe it won't be this year or the next, but some day you may find yourself on the other end of the camera. If drugs or alcohol don't get you, maybe you'll develop dementia or something of the sort ... and people can feel sorry for you / or just laugh at you.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. Maybe after looking through this post I'll do something different when I see something like this.

Any even if the lady in the video is a hopeless case, it wouldn't hurt to keep showing some kindness, would it?

Don't know. Easy for me to say. She's not my neighbor.

To the OP:
    Good thread. Very thought provoking

Life is made much harder for those that choose to make it harder.
    Self inflicted actions like the OPs subject make life harder for not only themselves but many others.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Truest thing I've read so far.

Have dealt with such issues. Brother, friends and cousins. A real addict will take your kindness as weakness and in the end you will be far the worse for your efforts. JMHO from life's endless lessons.
    If you choose to help be cautious of the druggy boy friend. Misery loves company and you will become a target.
    Very depressing thread first thing in the morning. I think I read somewhere that recidivism rate on Meth runs 95+ percent. Messed up is no way to go through life.
    Hoosierdoc gets the humanitarian award for best compassionate post.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    My neighbor is major meth head. Every 4-5 days she will come out in the yard and walk around screaming and carrying on. My kids are afraid of her. Her husband left her so she got a druggie boyfriend. The cops have come a couple times for domestic stuff with them, but nothing really happened. I have talked to her a couple times and told her I would help if she wanted to set her life straight, but she just looks at me with a blank stare. Sad how drugs can totally screw up your life.

Worst part is that our town got rid of the only cop that we had, so there is zero police presence. The meth heads know that, and the epidemic is getting worse every day. This is why I carry everywhere, even in my own yard.

Here is a video from this morning of her trying to mow her grass. Sorry for the crappy cell phone video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSay2_msjMk

I dont know but she appears to act more like a heroin junky than a meth head:twocents:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    It is sad to see a person through their life away for drugs. I have seen many old friends waist away and through great opportunities out the window due to drugs. One friend that lives in a town near mine, had been stealing prescription pain killers from another buddies dad who live just around the corner from him. Then all of a sudden my buddies pistol comes up missing and next his dog. He stole the dog because it would bark and wake his dad when he would enter the house to steal meds. Messed up and we have all tried to help him out and give him advise. Unfortunately you can not help someone if they refuse to help themselves.

Top Bottom