• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Pretty much, still sucks though, if you wanna sell that armalite ill give you 400 for it:P see you just turned a profit lol sorry couldn't resist.

To little and to late, have a brother in law that offered me a lot more for it last evening, and seeing as it is one of 4 AR's I own I might just take him up on the offer.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Get off your lazy asses and stop this from happening then.

Call your reps. Right now

Donnelly
    (202) 224-4814

Coats
    (202) 224-5623

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    To little and to late, have a brother in law that offered me a lot more for it last evening, and seeing as it is one of 4 AR's I own I might just take him up on the offer.

You have FOUR AR's!?!? How dare you have FOUR AR's when there are poor and downtrodden new shooters who can't afford to buy their first AR due to the current market. They can't afford one because you're hoarding them. I hereby sentence you to selling 3 of your AR's for prices the collective deems fit.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    there are still great bargins in Mosin's, Mauser's, and Enfield's.QUOTE]

Yes, if you throw in inflation effect on the dollar over time, then they are good buys, but not what they used to be. My 1st Enfield was a Show special for $79.99., what are they now....$350 plus? Heck I just saw a Nylon 66 22lr at a local gun shop where they were asking $399. GunAuction is selling AR's for $1800+. The Gun Mfgs. and Dealers are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    there are still great bargins in Mosin's, Mauser's, and Enfield's.QUOTE]

Yes, if you throw in inflation effect on the dollar over time, then they are good buys, but not what they used to be. My 1st Enfield was a Show special for $79.99., what are they now....$350 plus? Heck I just saw a Nylon 66 22lr at a local gun shop where they were asking $399. GunAuction is selling AR's for $1800+. The Gun Mfgs. and Dealers are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

How about M1 carbines for 20 dollars..........shipped!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Free market. Those people are going to feel mighty dumb in a few months when gun control becomes a murmur again and prices fall on gun stuff.

Imagine the price drop of AR-15's when that happens, when all this AWB crap is over ( and i am on the wild assumption that nothing serious happens ) i wont offer over $500 for an AR, since by then the market ( from FFL and private sellers both ) with be flooded with them, if everyone keeps up with this panic buying an AR will become as common and as cheap as an AK was 6-7 months ago ( $450 new at my LGS ). of course this is just my opinion and wild speculation that even i am unsure of.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Ya for sure, I just find it discouraging. Ill just say I'm pretty set, I have been into firearms since I was young, I started buying as soon as it was legal for me to do so and I probably have much more than I will ever really need but just like any good hobby it's never enough I'm buying a m&p tomorrow off my buddy that's moving to nm lol. Still I do see something getting passed, I really don't think this new finklestien bill has a chance but something will for sure. I just find it sad because I talked to a young lodge member and he was all about getting something but now can't afford it, I'm thinking about selling him something I have at what I got in it just to get him started. It's hard to make that decision though with all this uncertainty

You good sir, are the type of person that reminds me not everyone on earth is a complete as*hole and why i joined INGO, good people. +1 to you for at least thinking about it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    History bares this out, in 2004 I bought a new SAR1 AK for $340.00 and an Armalite M4 for $360.00, even at the low point of late 2011 wasr's where that much and AR's where $600.00 +. Prices may drop, but will never be that low again.

If someones wants to get into shooting and collecting there are still great bargins in Mosin's, Mauser's, and Enfield's. The problem is everyone wants the latest "cool" toy to play with.

Well sorry but that boat has sailed, ( along with the one with all the $4500.00 1965 Shelby GT 350's)

I don't know I was at Benning in 2004 during the end of the ban and paid 1200.00 for a Colt and I bought another one in 2011 for less than that so the prices don't necessarily have to stay high.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I just got my super vepr for $900 before this madness. Molot-USA now has them for $1540, and the place I got mine for now has the standard vepr marked up to the super vepr price from a month ago.

Freaking craziness.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Are we all forgetting that the house is republican run?

Nothing is getting through until 2014, and that's if the republicans lose control of the house in 2014.

Even then, I'm not convinced anything will actually pass. I still believe that enough of our representatives will be able to see that any of these bans will do nothing to curb tragedies like Newtown from happening.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Fella at work was very proud of himself for buying a Rock River for 12 or 1300.00 AFTER Mr. O. was elected the first time. As I recall he later traded it for a Thompson rifle worth 4 or 500.00. And was equally proud of it. Knucklehead.

Top Bottom