• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I'm pretty sure the Internet has made it impossible for new gun owners to get anything. Just for poops and giggles I watched a gun broker auction
    For a colt 6920 with the le/mi stamp, the same one a friend of mine bought for 1100 a year ago go for 2400 bucks. That is insanity, the new colt 308/556 was selling for that a month ago, a scar was that price. I fear that this scare over the new ban will make it hard for lower income ppl To get into the hobby and that is sad. I'm really hating what's going on.

A rated rebublicans talking about doing something about the assault weapon problem now, this crap is depressing. And don't get me started on ammo, you can't find it. One Damn bastard idiot crazy nut job ******* and the gun community goes crazy buying up everything in sight driving prices to insane levels. Arg this sucks!!!!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Free market. Those people are going to feel mighty dumb in a few months when gun control becomes a murmur again and prices fall on gun stuff.

Agreed. Now is not a good time for low income people to be getting into the sport. Heck, I wouldn't consider myself to be low income, and I can't hardly afford the available ammo right now.

If you need a cheap home defense weapon, shotguns are still readily available and at the same low price. Same with shotgun ammunition.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Ya for sure, I just find it discouraging. Ill just say I'm pretty set, I have been into firearms since I was young, I started buying as soon as it was legal for me to do so and I probably have much more than I will ever really need but just like any good hobby it's never enough I'm buying a m&p tomorrow off my buddy that's moving to nm lol. Still I do see something getting passed, I really don't think this new finklestien bill has a chance but something will for sure. I just find it sad because I talked to a young lodge member and he was all about getting something but now can't afford it, I'm thinking about selling him something I have at what I got in it just to get him started. It's hard to make that decision though with all this uncertainty

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    the price will never come back down to what it was

Price will always eventually be subject to cost in a free market economy. If a guy has 500 model x guns to sell and they cost him $500 each and his fellow LGS is selling them for $1500, you can bet he'll try to compete with him on price sooner or later, and at a $1,000 margin he's got a lot of room to do so..which will force the other guy to compete wth him until prices are significantly closer to reality. The only thing to watch for is price fixing.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Well they will at some point if a ban is not passed, after the last ban ended everything started high and then went down, and ever since our current president was elected it started going up again.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    mag capacity ban.. well i'm glad no one registers mags.. how would they track a thing. i'm not worried about it that really, i don't own any :D

Last time, they labeled "hi cap" mags with LEO and Military Only labels. I assume they'd have to add at "II" to it this time.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Sooner or later they will run out of folks that are able to pay the price and the demand will no longer be there. I have turned away from that market all together. My present search is for a nice comfortable EDC piece. HD is covered.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I am all for the free-market, but this does suck. While it very well might all pass, it will be sometime before supply can catch-up. Now that the "fiscal cliff" has been avoided, the pundits can get on TV and promote their gun control mantras. That will likely feed the fear on a ban and push prices up higher in the short-run.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    I am all for the free-market, but this does suck. While it very well might all pass, it will be sometime before supply can catch-up. Now that the "fiscal cliff" has been avoided, the pundits can get on TV and promote their gun control mantras. That will likely feed the fear on a ban and push prices up higher in the short-run.
    I wouldn't count your chickens. Nothing real has been avoided. We are still barreling down the road to financial ruin as a country.

You and I "avoided" $20 gal milk and the ability to watch our economy grow. Our "representatives" avoided, yet again, accountability for their egregious mismanagement of our money.

The cliff still looms despite what the pundits regurgitate.

To put it in perspective; We are deeper in debt, per capita, than our friends in Greece and are taking no real steps to fix that.

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I wouldn't count your chickens. Nothing real has been avoided. We are still barreling down the road to financial ruin as a country.

You and I "avoided" $20 gal milk and the ability to watch our economy grow. Our "representatives" avoided, yet again, accountability for their egregious mismanagement of our money.

The cliff still looms despite what the pundits regurgitate.

To put it in perspective; We are deeper in debt, per capita, than our friends in Greece and are taking no real steps to fix that.

So what do you propose? We take to the streets and throw molotovs at responding officers?

Top Bottom