• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I didn't even make it to the external safety part for a while -- I got stuck laughing about the ridiculous notion that you would use a Glock as a carry gun. But then to think you could do so with the simple addition of a safety? Oh, j00 keel me! Too funny. Between that and all the (*) and koolaid peddling...

This thread just keeps on delivering. :thumbsup:
    I was such a fool, to think I can make a glock act like the GREAT 1911:n00b:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    So the OP has 7 Glocks.....and is now worried about a safety? :n00b: I really wish I had time to read this entire thread. It would probably be the best time I've ever wasted

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Go For It....

I'm not trying to argue, just want to make M Y glock desirable for me, been carrying a gun for over 26 years & have never had an accidental discharge;)

With your carry experience, you know what you want.
    Have you ever carried a revolver for SD? If so, what kind of external safety did it have? I have a "Johnson" full of S&W Revolvers, and I have not been able to find an external safety on any of them?? Bill.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    If you want a thumb safety for your carry gun, quit looking at Glocks. A Glock doesn't need or benefit from one. Come on!

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I have three handguns - I carry two and leave the largest for home protection. If I ever need to fire my Glock 19 in a very stressful situation all I need to do is, pull the trigger. If I need to fire my Walther PPS carry gun in a similar situation all I need to do is, pull the trigger. What if I'm carrying my Ruger LCP - just pull the trigger. I haven't shot myself yet - and I don't have to worry about fumbling for an external safety or having to worry about muscle memory for different safety systems. I'll take the Glock the way it is, thanks! But to each his own...

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Someone doesn't want to Plaxico Burris themselves. Understandable. But, when you bought even one of the glocks did you think, "hmmm, I'll just stare at it"? Just curious, I bought mine with sole intention of carrying, and I do. Or did you try to carry it one day and was like wait, this gun doesn't have a safety, must put back. You wouldn't buy a Geo Metro and be like boy I'd like to take this thing off road and put 24" tires on it and a lift kit....right?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    With your carry experience, you know what you want.
    Have you ever carried a revolver for SD? If so, what kind of external safety did it have? I have a "Johnson" full of S&W Revolvers, and I have not been able to find an external safety on any of them?? Bill.
    used to have a revolver for SD, but had a bad experience, that's the reason I like a safety on my carry guns:D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I like glock becouse it dosent have a safety one less thing you don't have to worrie about in an emergency

I like a stick because it doesn't have a pesky trigger you have to remember to squeeze in an emergency. I'm not sure I'd remember to do that, you know, the way fine motor skills tend to fail you and all.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Someone doesn't want to Plaxico Burris themselves. Understandable. But, when you bought even one of the glocks did you think, "hmmm, I'll just stare at it"? Just curious, I bought mine with sole intention of carrying, and I do. Or did you try to carry it one day and was like wait, this gun doesn't have a safety, must put back. You wouldn't buy a Geo Metro and be like boy I'd like to take this thing off road and put 24" tires on it and a lift kit....right?
    I'm not worried about shooting myself, but It's a long story about a butt-wipe getting his hands on my gun, & I'm just glad to be able to post on :ingo: A man has to learn from his mistakes;)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    (snip)
    You wouldn't buy a Geo Metro and be like boy I'd like to take this thing off road and put 24" tires on it and a lift kit....right?

Personally, I think the choice of the Geo Metro to represent the glock is remarkably appropriate. Well-played. I'd probably have gone with something like adding a racing harness or top-notch brakes, though, as a better apples:apples analogy.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Personally, I think the choice of the Geo Metro to represent the glock is remarkably appropriate. Well-played. I'd probably have gone with something like adding a racing harness or top-notch brakes, though, as a better apples:apples analogy.
    But the METRO was a cheap piece of :poop: at least the glock is functional :D but could be better with a small lever that could be reached the right thumb

Top Bottom