• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Safeties are just mechanical devices and they can fail too. To me, putting a frame mounted safety on a Glock because you're afraid twigs or pens getting into your trigger guard is like putting floaties on your car in case you drive into water. No twigs or pens or stray fingers should be getting into the trigger guard of any gun you have. Even the ones with an external safety.

Use and carry the gun in the manner it was designed to be used and no external safety is needed. Especially not an aftermarket system that may not be as reliable.

I agree 100%!

I would not trust a Glock anymore after adding an aftermarket frame mounted safety.
    There is a reason why Glock dont come with external safeties.
    Now what if your aftermarket safety fails and the gun can fire with the safety ON? :dunno:
    Even worse, what if the safety is OFF and the gun will still not fire? :dunno:

Carrying with an empty chamber could be a better solutution for you if you dont trust yourself with a loaded chamber and no safety.
    Even if I believe that carrying with an empty chamber is just like carrying an empty gun it would still be better than adding aftermarket parts to the gun.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Im not offend by the thought of a external safety on a glock Im just pointing out its not needed, im hostile cause you are just trying to argue. There have been 40 post has any one agreed with you?...go ahead and check there arnt!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I know what you mean. It wasn't that the lack of external safety so much bothered me, it was the fact that I CC with no external safety. If I OC in a good holster, I felt OK, but not the other way around. Don't know why for sure.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I agree 100%!

I would not trust a Glock anymore after adding an aftermarket frame mounted safety.
    There is a reason why Glock dont come with external safeties.
    Now what if your aftermarket safety fails and the gun can fire with the safety ON? :dunno:
    Even worse, what if the safety is OFF and the gun will still not fire? :dunno:

Carrying with an empty chamber could be a better solutution for you if you dont trust yourself with a loaded chamber and no safety.
    Even if I believe that carrying with an empty chamber is just like carrying an empty gun it would still be better than adding aftermarket parts to the gun.
    So you never have added anything to any of your guns:dunno: all of your guns are factory stock:D I smell bull:poop:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why are you so offended & hostile about me getting a safety on my GLOCK:n00b:

Get one if you want.
    You have your own free will and that is your own gun and money.
    Just dont tell us we didn't say it was a bad idea for many reasons when, the safety fails and you shoot yourself by accident, or the safety fails and the gun wont fire at all, or you just forget to remove the safety when you need to defend your life.

Now if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside to have a safey on your Glock, then go for it.
    But dont think that it will keep you safe.

:twocents:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    So you never have added anything to any of your guns:dunno: all of your guns are factory stock:D I smell bull:poop:

aftermarket parts that don't affect intended function is one thing (like lights, lasers, sights, etc.) but when you bring in a kit that was made for a weapon that never intended to perform the function this kit adds is risky IMO. even an aftermarket trigger can fail, so would you really trust your life to something where part of the function is making the weapon unable to fire?

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon

Yep. I've added sights to mine and a stainless guide rod with a 3.5 trigger connector. Absolutely nothing that is designed to stop my gun from firing. Unlike the external safety you're considering adding which is designed to stop the gun from firing.

I understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't want the risk of a malfunction or failure especially on my carry weapon.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Im not offend by the thought of a external safety on a glock Im just pointing out its not needed, im hostile cause you are just trying to argue. There have been 40 post has any one agreed with you?...go ahead and check there arnt!
    I'm not trying to argue, just want to make M Y glock desirable for me, been carrying a gun for over 26 years & have never had an accidental discharge;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Any gun that I use for protection are all factory stock indeed.
    Im not talking about grips or things like that, adding a safety is a MAJOR change to the Glock design.
    We are not talking about changing grips or sights here.
    If it was not designed by [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Gaston Glock himself, then it doesn't go on my Glock.
    Simple as that.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Yep. I've added sights to mine and a stainless guide rod with a 3.5 trigger connector. Absolutely nothing that is designed to stop my gun from firing. Unlike the external safety you're considering adding which is designed to stop the gun from firing.

I understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't want the risk of a malfunction or failure especially on my carry weapon.
    funny thing, my 1911, BROWNING HI-POWER, H & K USP, & CZ-75 all have frame mounted safety & every time my thumb flicks the safety down, it fires just fine:D;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not trying to argue, just want to make M Y glock desirable for me, been carrying a gun for over 26 years & have never had an accidental discharge;)

That's good, im not trying to argue either.
    Im saying that for you and for your own safety.
    Get a gun that was designed to have a safety, I dont have anything about external safeties if it was designed to work with the gun, which is not the case of that aftermarket external safety.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    funny thing, my 1911, BROWNING HI-POWER, H & K USP, & CZ-75 all have frame mounted safety & every time my thumb flicks the safety down, it fires just fine:D;)

Yep. Safeties designed and installed by the manufacturer. Not an aftermarket product. Obviously, your guns are your guns, but I see a lot of people finding "comfort" from external safeties that should be more worried about training and carrying correctly.

Oh, and Tex Grebner's negligent discharge that was posted in a video a few posts back......Kimber 1911. With a frame mounted safety...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Yep. Safeties designed and installed by the manufacturer. Not an aftermarket product. Obviously, your guns are your guns, but I see a lot of people finding "comfort" from external safeties that should be more worried about training and carrying correctly.

Oh, and Tex Grebner's negligent discharge that was posted in a video a few posts back......Kimber 1911. With a frame mounted safety...
    We both know that TEX is a freaking idiot:D

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    i'm sorry but i would never set aside general firearm saftey knowledge and common sense in favor of a mechanical device for a weapon that was never designed for said device. kind of seems more negligent to me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:rolleyes:

Glocks dont have frame mounted safety, get over it and use another gun if you want a frame mounted safety.
    If you add one to a Glock you will no longer have a Glock and will no longer have Glock reliability.
    If you are willing to bet your life on some aftermarket parts then go for it.

Also if you are trained to remove the safety, on your other guns, in high stree situations then that's good, if you are not you may think again about using a gun with a frame mounted safety.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    We both know that TEX is a freaking idiot:D

I give you that one. :rolleyes:
    But even him realized he needed more training, even though he used guns with a frame mounted safety, so that he wouldn't shoot himself in the leg again. ;)

So I would say he still has some common sense.

Top Bottom