• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Aren't Canada and Mexico the #2 & #3 exporters of oil and don't we sit in between them? What of our natural gas reserves and our own oil reserves? Coal? Nuclear? We have an energy problem because they want us to have an energy problem, plain and simple ...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have no experience to base this opinion on, but why is "training" needed to create an IED? I would think just about any idiot could figure it out easily enough given access to explosives...
    So you think you can sit down and wire a Stick of TNT, a Blasting Cap, and a Cell Phone together... :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    First off, the discussion (where I came in) was about how much the "high tech" we were selling to our enemies helped them use it against us during the Iraq/Afghan wars. I pointed out that IEDs have been the main thorn in our side and that they are relatively "low-tech". As was pointed out above, "idiocy" and "explosives" don't go well together, although what we're talking about with deploying IEDs isn't technology so much as ingenuity and "strike/counter-strike" where we work to overcome a particular type of IED and the bad guys come up with another type, for which we again have to come up with a counter. No high technology involved - except on our part, as we work to find ways to detect and counteract IEDs and their deployment and initiation.
    We used the same techniques against the Germans in WWII... :popcorn:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We're pretty good at jamming cell signals.

In the Stan, they've gone back to good old fashioned trip wires and pressure switches.

battery + pressure cooker + fertilizer + diesel + switch = boom.

Good enough to really maim or kill a guy.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Why, do you have some tnt? I'm on a crappy phone or that would be purple......I actually can't answer that for fear of arrest.

However I bet I would wire in a test light before I tried to place the........nevermind.

It is a little more complicated than that...

We're pretty good at jamming cell signals.

In the Stan, they've gone back to good old fashioned trip wires and pressure switches.

battery + pressure cooker + fertilizer + diesel + switch = boom.

Good enough to really maim or kill a guy.
    Most of the Training classes are to teach persons to think out of the box on what you can use to make the devices. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    yes you are right some people can bury their heads in the sand all they want when it come to wars the truth is and always will be oil.

There not enough resources in the world to keep up with our growth and demand pace of nations of the world economy's. Oil is the heart of the US economy........ oil is all around us in the United state with long term shortages and with the weak U.S. economy it would implode onto it self :dunno:.............you can blame what ever make you feel safe at night ... but the past wars and future wars will be about resources in the short term oil..... you can ignore that region or fight there it just delays the truth we can't keep living the way we do now with out oil ...............there is a reset coming it just when............:dunno:

the top ten country with the biggest proven oil reserves is:

1. Saudi Arabia

2. Canada ( i for one welcome a invasion of Canada :D:popcorn: )

3. Iran

4. Iraq

5.Kuwait

6.Venezuela

7.U.A.F.

8. Russia

9. Libya

10. Nigeria

Don't confuse this with the world biggest
    oil manufacturing country's in the world Top 5:

(they may not have the most oil to tap but they manufacturing the most)

Russia

2.Saudi Arabia

3.United States

4. China

5.Iran

Respectfully, what are you talking about? Or more specifically, why did you quote my post for that content? I don't get it.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    So you think you can sit down and wire a Stick of TNT, a Blasting Cap, and a Cell Phone together... :popcorn:

why are you trying to bait someone ..................:noway:

my advise......... never , never, talk about how to make or the use of improvised explosives in a public forum you are just asking for trouble............... am retired but someone who's not could be knocking at your door and glad to talk to you in a not so friendly way about your comments....... lets be smart people and remember this is a public forum.........

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    why are you trying to bait someone ..................:noway:

my advise......... never , never, talk about how to make or the use of improvised explosives in a public forum you are just asking for trouble............... am retired but someone who's not could be knocking at your door and glad to talk to you in a not so friendly way about your comments....... lets be smart people and remember this is a public forum.........

Who says they have not stopped to talk to me already... :popcorn:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Respectfully, what are you talking about? Or more specifically, why did you quote my post for that content? I don't get it.

your comment was

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88GT
    Well, at the risk of someone taking this the wrong way, the wars are only a drop-in-the-bucket fraction of the spending that is running us into the ground. We could stop all war spending and we'd be no better off than we are now financially.

you were getting in the economics of it wouldn't matter if we cut all spending the topic of thread was war has started i was just pointing out the real use of the wars its about oil and with a smaller army and major cuts we have less control of oil unless we change our way of living we are in some very bad time financially that whole region of oil is why we have and will stick are nose in there......i agree it wouldn't help to stop all war or military assets in that area financially. In fact it can make things worse in the global control battle of resources .......in a nutt shell we are hosed financially if we keep living the way we do thats all i was trying to say

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Who says they have not stopped to talk to me already... :popcorn:
    user_online.gif

they don't :popcorn: just throwing it out there :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    your comment was

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88GT
    Well, at the risk of someone taking this the wrong way, the wars are only a drop-in-the-bucket fraction of the spending that is running us into the ground. We could stop all war spending and we'd be no better off than we are now financially.

you were getting in the economics of it wouldn't matter if we cut all spending the topic of thread was war has started i was just pointing out the real use of the wars its about oil and with a smaller army and major cuts we have less control of oil unless we change our way of living we are in some very bad time financially that whole region of oil is why we have and will stick are nose in there......i agree it wouldn't help to stop all war or military assets in that area financially. In fact it can make things worse in the global control battle of resources .......in a nutt shell we are hosed financially if we keep living the way we do thats all i was trying to say

We're beating the snot out of them daily and haven't seen a stitch of improvement in our petro prices. When does this magic control of the oil kick in?

And it still doesn't have anything to do with the gist of my comment.

Last edited:

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    why do we feel the need to be involved in others business? in kindergarden they teach kids to worry about themselves, maybe so ppl in washington should go back

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    i just explained it ........... :popcorn: if you fail to see my view ok........ but why keep:horse:

It's not that I fail to see your view. It's that your view has absolutely nothing to do with my point because my point didn't have a damn thing to do with oil reserves, energy supply, or sustainability. So there. :popcorn:

Top Bottom