• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Got to sell the Junk to someone.... ;)

We have also sold the F-15's to Japan and Israel.... :dunno::popcorn:

Its true! The f-15s are old tech, we also strip all of our tech out of them... and sell them... planes.

My comment was really about how were imposing sanctions, and arming our "allies" (their enemies). Sounds like what clinton did, which bit us in the ass in the 10 year war we just "got out of".

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    If this is all over oil prices then we are going about this the wrong way. The United States does not need to go to war what we should be doing is raising commodities to idk Iran, iraq, places that can't grow food.

Here is the new plan they want to raise the crud oil price..... Sounds good then we triple the commodities price to them. Now some of you might be thinking well they will not sell us the oil. We now I have a cure for that too, without oil we can not get the crop in or out of the fields. This is where it gets tricky, we put the 10% of Americans out of work to plant/harvest the crops by hand. Yea it will be hard work but what else do they have to go. They someone who is working in the fields might think of a new way to plant/harvest crops with something besides oil. Just a thought

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If this is all over oil prices then we are going about this the wrong way. The United States does not need to go to war what we should be doing is raising commodities to idk Iran, iraq, places that can't grow food.

Here is the new plan they want to raise the crud oil price..... Sounds good then we triple the commodities price to them. Now some of you might be thinking well they will not sell us the oil. We now I have a cure for that too, without oil we can not get the crop in or out of the fields. This is where it gets tricky, we put the 10% of Americans out of work to plant/harvest the crops by hand. Yea it will be hard work but what else do they have to go. They someone who is working in the fields might think of a new way to plant/harvest crops with something besides oil. Just a thought
    Great Idea there Jimmy... :popcorn:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I agree with the statements about this being over oil. It's funny how Iran threatens to block the straights and disrupt oil flow...and as a result our glorious leader(s) decide to slap on a new batch of sanctions. This is exactly what is going to run us into the ground...it's getting out of control now. It would be sad, if not ironic, that the greatest military strength in the world would be reduced to ashes from within. I mean, how many more times does Pres Obama need to raise the debt ceiling to pay for everything?

The sancations were on there way long before Iran latest threats.
    I dislike Bam but the sancations were and are not a kneejerk reaction.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Its true! The f-15s are old tech, we also strip all of our tech out of them... and sell them... planes.

My comment was really about how were imposing sanctions, and arming our "allies" (their enemies). Sounds like what clinton did, which bit us in the ass in the 10 year war we just "got out of".

Don't think Isreal and Japan don't have far better tech to install than what was in them.....

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    looks like it dont it? i dont mind going to war i guess, what i do mind is blowing the heck out of a place and rebuilding it. if we are going to go to war we need to bomb them back to the caves and get out. i think we would be taken a little more seriously in the world. just my :twocents:

jake

There are at least two historical rationales for "nation re-building" (as opposed to "Nation Building") - Germany and Japan. We spent billions to rebuild their nations after WWII and gained two pretty steady allies for 30 years (Germany) and over 50 years (Japan). By rebuilding their infrastructures and making them independent and relatively wealthy, the circumstances that helped precipitate their societies to go to war were eliminated. We made some initial bad choices in Iraq which have served to poison our attempts to help them become a viable nation able to stand up to outside interference in their internal affairs and which will probably result in their coming under the influence of Tehran. Our attempts to help the Afghanis move away from poppy-growing as their national export crop have foundered on their insistence upon maintaining their 7th century life-style. Either of these countries might have been good candidates for "shoot 'em up and leave 'em", but they don't make the case for doing so as a permanent policy.

As for being taken more "seriously" by the rest of the world, as "evil" as most nations may make us out to be, very few countries would prefer Russia or China, with their long histories of brutal repression and revolutionary foment, to provide them aid and comfort when in need. Unlike us, they might not leave.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Actually the "tech" that's been biting us in the ass in both our Iraq war and the one in Afghanistan is relatively "low tech" IEDs, which have mostly been supplied by Iran. The techniques were largely developed by the Communists, then taught to various terror groups (the IRA were big on bombs as were various "red-anarchist" terror groups in the 70s and 80s), which then percolated down to the various radical-islamofascist terror organizations.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I have no experience to base this opinion on, but why is "training" needed to create an IED? I would think just about any idiot could figure it out easily enough given access to explosives...

maybe training is needed so hopefully the person can make more than one with out blowing themselves up?

:dunno:

jake

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have no experience to base this opinion on, but why is "training" needed to create an IED? I would think just about any idiot could figure it out easily enough given access to explosives...

First off, the discussion (where I came in) was about how much the "high tech" we were selling to our enemies helped them use it against us during the Iraq/Afghan wars. I pointed out that IEDs have been the main thorn in our side and that they are relatively "low-tech". As was pointed out above, "idiocy" and "explosives" don't go well together, although what we're talking about with deploying IEDs isn't technology so much as ingenuity and "strike/counter-strike" where we work to overcome a particular type of IED and the bad guys come up with another type, for which we again have to come up with a counter. No high technology involved - except on our part, as we work to find ways to detect and counteract IEDs and their deployment and initiation.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Why dont we just buy our own treasury securities and inflate our money so much that we really dont owe china/middle east/etc. anything substantial? (oh wait... thats what we ARE doing).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    If the iranians are that dumb to clsoe the straight then let them go ahead. Has the whole field of would be tinpot dictaters not realized by now that we are the only country left on earth not to be toyed with? The free flow of oil out of tge gulf is in our national interest, like it or not. We will have to ensure that the shipping lanes remain open. short of Iran already possesing a nuke we don't know about, we will kick the conventional crap out of them at will. The Iranian people are looking for their own Arab Spring and would jump on that bandwagon quickly, eroding the ultra religious foooting of the ayatolahs from within. Aqmadingabat is a cheap UN figurehead anyway. Given though sanctions on money and banking and a real shooting war with the US, the real rulers may think twice about stepping up for the conflict. I think they would back down real quick!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm curious, for all of you willing to fight a war for Israel... I have a question. How many times has Israel contributed troops to our missions/wars around the world?

How have they helped out in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Why are so many of you so anxious to go to war and fight their battles for them? Is it some religious thing?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I'm curious, for all of you willing to fight a war for Israel... I have a question. How many times has Israel contributed troops to our missions/wars around the world?

Why are so many of you so anxious to go to war and fight their battles for them? Is it some religious thing?

:popcorn:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah

honestly yes religion is part of it but not all. i can admit it

jake

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    honestly yes religion is part of it but not all. i can admit it

jake
    Thanks, Jake.

I'm not going to cast stones over the answers. I'm really curious why so many seem willing to go to war on their behalf when they've been such poor allies over the years. They've done little or nothing to help us out, but we've given billions of aid to them, weapons, technology, etc. It seems like a one way relationship to me.

I'm a Christian, but I don't see that I have any obligation because of my faith to back a country that really isn't our friend. We've propped them up enough, they should be able to stand on their own against Iran.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    yes you are right some people can bury their heads in the sand all they want when it come to wars the truth is and always will be oil.

There not enough resources in the world to keep up with our growth and demand pace of nations of the world economy's. Oil is the heart of the US economy........ oil is all around us in the United state with long term shortages and with the weak U.S. economy it would implode onto it self :dunno:.............you can blame what ever make you feel safe at night ... but the past wars and future wars will be about resources in the short term oil..... you can ignore that region or fight there it just delays the truth we can't keep living the way we do now with out oil ...............there is a reset coming it just when............:dunno:

the top ten country with the biggest proven oil reserves is:

1. Saudi Arabia

2. Canada ( i for one welcome a invasion of Canada :D:popcorn: )

3. Iran

4. Iraq

5.Kuwait

6.Venezuela

7.U.A.F.

8. Russia

9. Libya

10. Nigeria

Don't confuse this with the world biggest
    oil manufacturing country's in the world Top 5:

(they may not have the most oil to tap but they manufacturing the most)

Russia

2.Saudi Arabia

3.United States

4. China

5.Iran

I hate to get in the way of a predetermined conclusion, but America and Canada have more oil than Saudi Arabia and Kuwait combined. It's just in a combination of shale reserves, tar sands, and more expensive to extract forms. But a lot more oil. Lots. Where is your source? Mine is USGS + Wikipedia

USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM) (old article)

Oil reserves in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(134 bn barrel not counting oil shale, which is estimated to be another 48 bn barrel)

Iran having a nuclear weapon is not great. Starting a war over a preventable and misguided attempt to secure what we already have in great quantities, a possible nuclear war at that, seems a lot worse.

Top Bottom