More wall, but it's unimportant that Mexico pays for it

I really don't care.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Colossal waste of money for a feel good item.

It won't stop much of anything. Our border is much too large, with way too much coastline. Plus I've heard some say no need to build the wall by the Rio Grande, like it is some kind of barrier to entry.

I also do not like that they will have to take land from people in order to build it. In many cases, people who do not want to lose their land.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

It won't stop much of anything. Our border is much too large, with way too much coastline. Plus I've heard some say no need to build the wall by the Rio Grande, like it is some kind of barrier to entry.

I also do not like that they will have to take land from people in order to build it. In many cases, people who do not want to lose their land.

Got to agree with that first sentence, especially since the Pro Trump Pro Wallers can't seem to answer the most simple of questions when it comes to anything with regards to what it will realistically achieve and especially because most of those seem to still believe the idiot will somehow get Mexico to pay for it. Stupid for days.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I thought this was about the game show and was wondering why we needed a poll on another Chris Hardwick project. I don't watch the show, to be fair, so wasn't sure if I was missing something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A wall alone won't accomplish anything. An obstacle has to be manned and protected to be effective, else it's just a speed bump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm mostly in the leave it be camp, but I do think there are some areas where adding some wall/border protection, or repairing/beefing up what we already have, might be of value. But I don't want a "magnificent" Great Wall o' China thing going on where it has to be built and manned up and down the border. Just pick the spots where that might add value and do it there.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm mostly in the leave it be camp, but I do think there are some areas where adding some wall/border protection, or repairing/beefing up what we already have, might be of value. But I don't want a "magnificent" Great Wall o' China thing going on where it has to be built and manned up and down the border. Just pick the spots where that might add value and do it there.

Unfortunately the common sense approach was abandoned as soon as The Trump Train left the station.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two things: Spelling is important in showing the pollster really cares about his survey.

Bacon.

Now come on. I just wanted to try something different. I like the pissant/BB thing. But I admit, I phat-phingered the keys and hit the 'o' instead of the 'i'. They're so dang close together.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately the common sense approach was abandoned as soon as The Trump Train left the station.

Being secure appeals to many people. That's a temperamental construct. That's a construct of biology and nurture and according to research seems to be set by the toddler stage. It's personality. Some people like order. So the idea having secured borders appeals to them. Big deal. Those people are just going to see it differently from you. You needling them isn't going to change their minds. If anything will, it will be reality. Not you.

The Mexico paying for it part, well, that's a sort of tribalism, I think. At least, as of this post, anyway, among the "more wall" opinions, 10:1 don't care if Mexico pays for it. So probably you should stop preaching to those who don't actually think what you think they think, or people might think you have issues with reading comprehension.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

so it's ok to take land from people for interstates and like and not to secure the boarder?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think strategic uses are beneficial but you can't stop those determined to come in. Instead, if we minimize (and eliminate, if possible) the perceived rewards for them risking their lives to get here and make it easier to do it legally, a wall will become less and less necessary.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Being secure appeals to many people. That's a temperamental construct. That's a construct of biology and nurture and according to research seems to be set by the toddler stage. It's personality. Some people like order. So the idea having secured borders appeals to them. Big deal. Those people are just going to see it differently from you. You needling them isn't going to change their minds. If anything will, it will be reality. Not you.

The Mexico paying for it part, well, that's a sort of tribalism, I think. At least, as of this post, anyway, among the "more wall" opinions, 10:1 don't care if Mexico pays for it. So probably you should stop preaching to those who don't actually think what you think they think, or people might think you have issues with reading comprehension.

It very well may and they may not need anything but someone who will give it to them However there are others who might want a bit more justification before buying into it. Then there are those who are simply put off by the messenger or his message which is nothing more than hyperbole and rhetoric. I happen to be one who is put off by someone who claims unreasonable things about something I've yet to see anything that to show me it's a good idea in the first place. Whatever the tribalism is it seems to be alive and well here as it seems there are some here who still believe it to be true.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Besides the fact that the wall is a (election winning) good idea, I love seeing libs get their panties in a twist over it. You know it's a good job, when the enemy is pissed off.

I giggle every time I see discussion by those who continually said "there's never gonna be a wall." :lmfao:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Besides the fact that the wall is a (election winning) good idea, I love seeing libs get their panties in a twist over it. You know it's a good job, when the enemy is pissed off.

I giggle every time I see discussion by those who continually said "there's never gonna be a wall." :lmfao:

This is so funny and so timely.

What's that saying about cleaning your own house before you point your finger at others?

And you have the audacity to complain about me.

Can anyone say hypocrite? LOL

Top Bottom