• Status
    Not open for further replies.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Not sure I would drive a fuel truck through a bunch of guys with weapons.

I did that in Iraq. Seen it go bad. On the other hand, it's better than stopping and giving up. You always attack through an ambush. I was happy when Darrel killed that guy and used the RPG on the bikers. I've also seen RPGs go off in person and good chance the shaped charge would not have killed all the bikers instantly, though all would have received frag wounds and the concussion would have put them out of commission for long enough to deal with.

Now, aside from picking apart all the weapons mistakes of a TV show, I will say I love this show. Last night's episode was probably the most intense IMHO. Shame Rick had to lose his new girlfriend though. I've kinda been looking for him to hook up with Michone... but it was Valentine's day, and I've always been kind of a romantic happy ending (John Wayne gets the girl) kinda guy. The road crew showed up just in time. I thought for sure Maggie was gonna get to see Glenn die right in front of her. Again with the happy ending, so far. Interesting to see how this Negan responds to his failed ambush. Looks like our gang will be dealing with this new threat well into next season.

Anybody watch the Talking Dead? When they showed that one kid that shot Carl in the bye bye scenes... they said "Say hi to your dad". (remember "porch dick"?) That was killer!

Oh, and they had Carrie Underwood on Talking Dead too. She's a babe to the 8th power. :bacondance:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    For those of you who are unfamiliar with the comics, yesterday's episode was almost perfect from these sequences in the comics. Right down to the chopping off of Rick's lady friend's hand. Now, regarding Carl's eye. If i'm not mistaken, I don't think Carl actually took the bullet to the face, I think it was a ricochet.

I think it was easily one of the best episodes to date, and easily one of the best I've seen in a good while

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All I'll say, is that on this show, good or bad, if you encounter Rick and his group the end is neigh..... for you and YOUR group (not his) If you see them coming run!

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    All I read was "Wah, wah, wah".
    Sam's death meant nothing. Here's a clue, deaths often don't.

+1. Started to read the article and the whining was too much for me.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the comics, yesterday's episode was almost perfect from these sequences in the comics. Right down to the chopping off of Rick's lady friend's hand. Now, regarding Carl's eye. If i'm not mistaken, I don't think Carl actually took the bullet to the face, I think it was a ricochet.

I think it was easily one of the best episodes to date, and easily one of the best I've seen in a good while

I had almost forgot this happened in the comic and then when it happened on the show was like "Whoa, that just happened". I kind of hate knowing some of what may happen since I have read the comics but it is interesting to see the differences between the show and the comics. It is definitely going to get interesting now.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    +1. Started to read the article and the whining was too much for me.

I had almost forgot this happened in the comic and then when it happened on the show was like "Whoa, that just happened". I kind of hate knowing some of what may happen since I have read the comics but it is interesting to see the differences between the show and the comics. It is definitely going to get interesting now.

They kind of like to follow the comics, but at the same time kind of not. Knowing who Lucile is I thought we had seen the last of Glen at Terminus. Similar, but different. Glad I was wrong.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    They kind of like to follow the comics, but at the same time kind of not. Knowing who Lucile is I thought we had seen the last of Glen at Terminus. Similar, but different. Glad I was wrong.

Yeah, I'm really hoping Glenn has the date with Lucille. But I think that Daryl will have the date to have the same impact as the graphic novels.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yeah, I'm really hoping Glenn has the date with Lucille. But I think that Daryl will have the date to have the same impact as the graphic novels.

Good possibility. SWMBO saw something online today about Norman R. Don't really want to say it, there is no spoiler free way. The info is out there for those who want to look.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

Yeah, I was talking with a co-worker today and he mentioned he thought someone was going to die. I told him that the comics and the show are similar but different so unless they deviate a lot, his worries were unfounded up to the end of compendium 3.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    All I read was "Wah, wah, wah".
    Sam's death meant nothing. Here's a clue, deaths often don't.

I tend to agree. What did Noah's death serve? He just decided he wanted to become an architect, then - dead.

And I would argue that Sams death did mean something. His death directly caused his mothers death, which then denied Rick any hope of romance in the foreseeable future. This would take a terrible toll on a human being to begin to think that everything they love will die in a most horrible way. It could break him or make him more resolved than ever.

There were several problems I had with the episode, all from lighting a fire with an RPG (although that IS SERIOUSLY cool) to full auto fire not harming Glen. Heads completely clean of guts when wandering amongst the dead.

I did find it ironic that in the very moment that the Wolf appears(?) to have undergone a personality change Carol mows him down. Several hours before I agreed with Carol, but at a moment when it looked like he had resolved to change he gets got. What purpose did that serve?

That town is going to be hell to clean up! Days just to move the bodies, but to where? Then, do ya burn them knowing that some dude named Negan is out there probably very ticked off at the loss of an entire patrol? With the architect dead is the group competent enough to copy his wall, and if so to possibly improve upon it?

Carol whacking the wolf caused another problem - no one to interrogate! Was that all of them or are there more? If there are more, how many and where? While Morgan was wrong to make a unilateral decision behind the groups back he was at least tactically correct in gaining a source of information. Even if there are no more wolfs to be had, where have you been? What have you seen? Where are there other groups surviving? Do you know Negan?

To my thinking a simple traveler met walking down the road could be a treasure trove in regards to information. Other lives are not to be wasted, without good reason.

Still, I cannot wait for the next episode.

Regards,

Doug

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

And I would argue that Sams death did mean something. His death directly caused his mothers death, which then denied Rick any hope of romance in the foreseeable future. ......

Michonne.

There were several problems I had with the episode, all from lighting a fire with an RPG (although that IS SERIOUSLY cool) to full auto fire not harming Glen. Heads completely clean of guts when wandering amongst the dead.

RPG explosion makes a great attention getter then the fire keeps them coming.

I did find it ironic that in the very moment that the Wolf appears(?) to have undergone a personality change Carol mows him down. Several hours before I agreed with Carol, but at a moment when it looked like he had resolved to change he gets got. What purpose did that serve?

Carol saw the Wolf grab a walker to save the girl... she appeared to have an "oh ****" look on her face when she saw that.
    Enter Carols emotional conflict and potential future hesitation causing much problems.

Above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Anyone else wonder why Rick went out of the infirmary to fight a no-win battle? I think - just my thought - he saw turning the lights on in the infirmary (necessary to operate on Carl) was drawing the herd and they had to be led away. He went out purposefully to sacrifice his life for a chance to save Carl's life. In his mind he had just lost the love of his life, all her kids, possibly his son, and for all he knows his daughter too. Without Carl he has nothing to live for. In that situation, with all this in mind, I'd probably do the same thing.

And yes - daddy - Carrie Underwood on TD is serious eye candy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone else wonder why Rick went out of the infirmary to fight a no-win battle? I think - just my thought - he saw turning the lights on in the infirmary (necessary to operate on Carl) was drawing the herd and they had to be led away. He went out purposefully to sacrifice his life for a chance to save Carl's life. In his mind he had just lost the love of his life, all her kids, possibly his son, and for all he knows his daughter too. Without Carl he has nothing to live for. In that situation, with all this in mind, I'd probably do the same thing.

And yes - daddy - Carrie Underwood on TD is serious eye candy.

Or, maybe Rick just lost it.

Carrie is nice. Carries a gun. Might be better than "eye candy" in the apocalypse.

And they're saying that just before the first rocket scene, a car showed up in the distance. And might Negan now know about what happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom