Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If the fever of a bite is enough to be a death sentence... why is spreading the innards all over you not? I mean... the smallest cut or contact with your blood should be enough to give the same fever death, right?

I notice earlier in the series, they spread directly on them. Now they covered sheets... maybe they got that concern/complaint before.

Maybe the the sheets allow the guts to stay on better.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That stupid kid talking is going to screw up their guts-o-flage. Just wait for a few months. You'll see. He'll die, his mom will die too.

That is how it should go.

However, IF stupid kid dies...

mom screams, then mom dies...

IF mom dies, then 2nd idiot son goes silly,

Then 2nd idiot son dies.

IF all three (3) of them start to go, then Rick, Carl and Michonne along with Preacher die.

Ergo, stupid kid will get bloody hand over mouth by Rick and be KEPT quiet.

'Cause we can't lose everyone in the next episode.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If the fever of a bite is enough to be a death sentence... why is spreading the innards all over you not? I mean... the smallest cut or contact with your blood should be enough to give the same fever death, right?

I notice earlier in the series, they spread directly on them. Now they covered sheets... maybe they got that concern/complaint before.

Same reason Daryl getting stuck with his zombie blood covered arrow didn't kill him several seasons ago. Zombie blood isn't all that bad but zombie mouths are filthy. They don't brush or flose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That stupid kid talking is going to screw up their guts-o-flage. Just wait for a few months. You'll see. He'll die, his mom will die too.

Mom holding her son's hand, and Carl's hand. Hatchet makes an appearance early in the episode. Comic book readers should be familiar with this.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, it was half an episode. I don't mind cliff hangers, but the writers didn't even get the show anywhere near the drop off. The writing was particularly bad this time.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree that Morgan should NOT have tried to unilaterally take things into his own hands without permission. While what Eastman did was risky, he was #1) a shrink who understood human behavior, and #2) the only life he was risking was his OWN. As far as I am concerned anyone can risk their own life all they want, as long as no one else is truly at risk.

I also don't mind Morgan being unwilling to kill. He has been very upfront and honest about it, so you know what you are getting with him. You simply need to find him a job where his unwillingness to kill won't endanger people, significantly. If someone is too eager to kill that could be as counterproductive as the unwillingness. Perhaps guarding a basecamp for Daryl and Aaron...? Perhaps something else. The point is you don't throw away a tool just because it isn't a hammer. You use it for something else.

Carol was an IDIOT for pushing things when she did! While Morgan may have spilled the gas she sure as hell lit the match. Her timing sucked! In a town surrounded by zombies, with a noncombatant in the room, she couldn't wait to kill him! Really??? It couldn't wait???

She was also 100% as wrong as Morgan. Even IF Morgan shouldn't have done what he did, she doesn't get to play judge, jury, and executioner just because it seems right to her! She may be right, or she might not. The group as a whole should decide what to do with the brainwashed. That isn't her decision to make in a noncombat situation. Guy with axe in middle of street in combat? Hell yeah! Guy tied up defenseless? Not at all! It makes her just as guilty as Morgan on the other end of the scale. For example, even if I was going to agree to killing him, and I probably would, where are your people located? How many? What kind of weapons? Who is your leader? How did you come to your thinking? All of these questions could help them survive in the long run.

What Carol is in denial about is that she is becoming just as much a monster as the zombies. She is trying to justify everything with an "it's either us or them" mentality, applying it brutally without remorse. Of course in this world it is necessary to kill or be killed, but she is on the precipice of going too far with her ease of taking life. She doesn't want to admit that breathing monsters still exist, as was evidenced with her talk to the boy. I think deep down she is dealing with the reality that she is becoming one and trying to justify everything around this.

I still like Carol. Don't get me wrong. I just think she represents the opposite end of Morgan, and both are wrong.

Regards,

Doug

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    One of my random thoughts during the show:

Wolf has knife to the Dr.. and the 2 girls with Eugene come in with guns drawn....

In a world where the group is making zombie heads shots from the hip/on the ground/barely looking.... Why not take the head shot at the wolf? The girls already have guns aimed... at the ready.. wolf is only about 10 ft away... head in full view.

I sat watching this, thinking.. I might actually try to take that shot.
    Worst case.. you lose your only Dr... I know... but.. they lost her for now anyways..

just a random thought... :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Wolf has knife to the Dr.. and the 2 girls with Eugene come in with guns drawn....

In a world where the group is making zombie heads shots from the hip/on the ground/barely looking.... Why not take the head shot at the wolf? The girls already have guns aimed... at the ready.. wolf is only about 10 ft away... head in full view.

Worst case.. you lose your only Dr... I know... but.. they lost her for now anyways..

I kept yelling at the wife during that scene, "shoot him, why aren't they shooting him?"

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

That's show bizness for ya. Shoot, don't talk. Never give up your gun. Never.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I kept yelling at the wife during that scene, "shoot him, why aren't they shooting him?"

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

But I was also thinking that Tara had been training as a police officer before things went to hell. I was almost certain her training would have included NEVER giving up your sidearm as you would be leaving yourself and the other victim defenseless.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

But I was also thinking that Tara had been training as a police officer before things went to hell. I was almost certain her training would have included NEVER giving up your sidearm as you would be leaving yourself and the other victim defenseless.

And that's why you always need a BUG.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

They've explained it as the bite gives you an extremely bad infection that kills you quickly and then you turn once you are dead. Regardless of how you die, everyone turns once dead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom