• Status
    Not open for further replies.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think that Shane will come around. He is getting a little with Blondie now and still wants to take care Lori and (His) child.

The odds of rick coming out alive from the overrun hospital were about 0%. So it was a one in a thousand chance to get out and then a one in a thousand to find them. It seems the sex was wanted by both.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Something had to be done about the barn situation. Rounding up walkers and putting them in the barn could not continue. Someone was going to eventually get bit and with the small remnant of humanity that is left, silly casualties are not acceptable.

Sir,

This is an point of view I do not hold with.

If it was so darn dangerous....LEAVE!!!

No one is putting a gun to anybodies head to stay and face the danger of barn zombies escaping.

It is Hershels land, Hershels chickens, Hersels barn - and Hershels self imposed risk. Hershel wasn't forcing anyone to stay. Quite the opposite, Hershel is telling them to leave.

If Shane thought it was so overwhelmingly risky he should have tried to force everyone to leave the dangerzone of property that someone else owned.

This is my problem with everyone getting their undies in a twist. If you choose to move next to a pig farm it will smell if the wind blows the wrong way. If you choose to live near the airport you will have to listen to airplanes. If you choose to live next to the train track you will have to put up with the noise of trains. And if you choose to live on Hershels property you will live with zombies in the barn.

That is why I see Shane making a mountain out of a molehill. It wasn't as if they didn't have choices. There are thousands of empty farms available all for the picking. Each one will have positives and negatives. Instead of whining like a little brat why didn't Shane get off his butt and go recon some nearby farms??? Heck, he has local intel from Hershels family who could probably point him toward 10 - 20 farms right off that would be nearby. He could go recon the best sounding and propose an alternative to Hershels farm.

Now, I must say that IF they had absolutely no other choice then the risk would be increased and deserving of a harder look. Yet as I see it that is not the case.

Again, just my take on it.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In a "perfect" Walking Dead tv series world, Shane would already be dead just like in the books. I don't see him surviving long into the third season.

IndyAK,

In the books how did he die?

Regards,

Doug

PS - Also, in the books was he as unstable as he is here?

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I am thinking he told Rick that Blondie has the virus, that it has become air borne and everyone will get it eventually, even if they are not bit.

+1 on the airborne thing.

The girl that's running a temp in the last episode didn't get bit when the zombie-mom grabbed her, but got close enough for a face full of zombie breath. It fits.

The girl is going to kill/zombify Maggie, BTW. Remember when Rick told Glenn "don't worry, she's not going anywhere" in the car? That was a death sentence. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom