• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    It wouldnt be the first time Glenn has made a miraculous escape when no weapons were present and they didnt show or tell how he got out of that situation...... IE when the douche that shot himself tried to kill glen last season, and glen had a few walkers on top of him.... then he was safe again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The dumb thing about the clothing is they all know the effectiveness of armor. What happened to Glen's riot gear?

I'm assuming they planned one being on foot (walking/running) a lot. That type of gear would be too much weight.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Glenn isn't really dead, we're the victims of an EPIC trolling. I would bet more than anything, AMC allowed the leak to get a huge buzz going about this last episode.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bummer. But, pretty amazing episodes so early in the season. Apparently Glen was seen on the set after the blue dumpster fiasco. Perhaps he'll show up again...but hopefully not as a walker.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bummer. But, pretty amazing episodes so early in the season. Apparently Glen was seen on the set after the blue dumpster fiasco. Perhaps he'll show up again...but hopefully not as a walker.

My guess is flashbacks.

These first three episodes have all been set over the course of a single day and they've done a lot to keep the sequence of time distorted to show the same events from different character's point's of view.

I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn were really dead, but we see additional scenes of Nicholas and him doing stuff before they turned into the zombie lunch buffet.

We might also see Maggie start to lose it and hallucinate about seeing him the way Rick did after Lori died.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My guess is flashbacks.

These first three episodes have all been set over the course of a single day and they've done a lot to keep the sequence of time distorted to show the same events from different character's point's of view.

I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn were really dead, but we see additional scenes of Nicholas and him doing stuff before they turned into the zombie lunch buffet.

We might also see Maggie start to lose it and hallucinate about seeing him the way Rick did after Lori died.

Lori will not believe him to be dead right away. Remember they found each other against all odds after the prison attack.

I don't think we will see a Glenn walker. Not enough would be left after the herd gets done with him.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a thought on the comic v/s television show comparisons.

While I agree with and believe in sticking to the storyline from the comics, even though I have never read them, a serious financial equation has to enter in.

If a character who is beloved in a comic book dies, the financial impact of people stopping the purchase may well be significant, but the comic book publisher (especially an independent) may well be willing to weather the storm of a drop in sales. With television a whole new level of financial thinking kicks in! I hate to look at it in dollar value alone, but a drop in ratings for a television show could well mean certain advertisers no longer do business. Nothing personal, they don't care about the characters, but they DO EXPECT to reach a certain marketshare.

Producing a television show employs hundreds of people. The studio that backs it has a strong incentive to keep its investors happy with high ROI's. In this case AMC itself has an interest in maintaining high ratings for sales and other benefits, such as showing potential new programs how successful they are with other programs.

ALL OF THIS IS BASED UPON FAN LOYALTY! Even the stupid shows like Housewives of Malibu or whatnot develop a fanbase. That base provides ratings which in turn provides revenue. That revenue is probably several levels more significant than Image comics. While looking at Image they promise not to interfere with their authors work, which is great for them. But a television studio / network / investors / union jobs / on location economy / etc are a LOT more pushy about keeping the money flowing.

I am NOT saying they cannot or should not kill characters to depict the brutality of the world, along with keeping us, the audience, on the edge of our seats because anyone could be killed. But the financial reality that they have to consider is exactly that! They do need to think long and hard about which characters are killed because they know that if a certain base of loved characters is killed, it is game over for the money flow.

Regards,

Doug

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If I were to go to Vegas I'd bet that Glenn's "hidden" by all of Nicholas' blood and hiding under the dumpster. And Rick's hand is cut because he tried to use a folding (non-locking) knife and it closed on his hand.

The folding knife snapped off in the skull when he stuck one of the zombies.. (sorry, walkers).

He then was pushing on the chest of another walker that had the machete stuck in its shoulder and cut himself when he pulled it free.

Where the hell is Rhino with the knife cutting mishap analysis?!!!

ASK AN EXPERT!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sunday night 10:03 PM..

Wife-"Honey what's wrong? Are you okay? Is your show over?"

Me-"Yeah, it's over..."

Wife-"You said tonight was going to be a big episode and you were excited all day at the farm..."

Me-"Yeah...It was a big episode alright...Somebody I liked is now gone and yeah...I just feel empty."

Wife-"I am sorry Honey....You are really upset...Was it that Chinese kid you like so much?"

Me-"KOREAN!!!!!! He's Korean...Gosh...Why can't...I mean what's Maggie going to do?"

Wife-"There...There...."

Me-"And now Rick is in a pickle and what if he can't get that RV up and run........."

Wife-"Shush...Now....Lay down and I will go get you a couple of your K Frame .22's to hold and some Hoppe's number 9 to smell....It's going to be okay..."

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Where the hell is Rhino with the knife cutting mishap analysis?!!!

The folding knife snapped off in the skull when he stuck one of the zombies.. (sorry, walkers).

He then was pushing on the chest of another walker that had the machete stuck in its shoulder and cut himself when he pulled it free.

ASK AN EXPERT!

NO COMMENT!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom