Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    But the son mentioned losing 4 people on the previous excursion. Until seeing the map I assumed a larger group. Even if the Alexandrites were 3x the number the Cathy counted, Ricks group would have no problem taking the place.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I wonder if there's any significance to the part where rick is told "We haven't accepted new people in this group for quite some time."

Later when Carl meets the kids, they tell him "She just got here a couple months ago"

Also, does it seem strange to anyone else that the braces for the "Walls" are on the outside? If you're trying to keep people out, wouldn't the braces be better suited inside the wall, to help prevent it being pushed down by hordes of walkers, or a possible enemy attack?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    But the son mentioned losing 4 people on the previous excursion. Until seeing the map I assumed a larger group. Even if the Alexandrites were 3x the number the Cathy counted, Ricks group would have no problem taking the place.

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I'm just saying there are people we haven't met yet. For example, the kids mentioned 2 school groups. Who/where are the parents of the other kids? Who is the teacher?

I'm totally guessing but I don't think Rick's group is going to have a face-on battle with the Alexandria group. I think it's going to be more about leadership struggle and individual arguments, plus whatever affects the group from the outside and forces the long-term residents to live differently than they have been.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Also, does it seem strange to anyone else that the braces for the "Walls" are on the outside? If you're trying to keep people out, wouldn't the braces be better suited inside the wall, to help prevent it being pushed down by hordes of walkers, or a possible enemy attack?

I noticed that too and it made no sense to me. An attack force could simply cut the supports and have a much easier time dropping a section of the wall, provided they had the means to cut through them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I noticed that too and it made no sense to me. An attack force could simply cut the supports and have a much easier time dropping a section of the wall, provided they had the means to cut through them.

This discussion has been making the rounds around the net. Some of theories are.
    -when the fence first went up (which I think would be fairly early), people hadn't de-evolved into barbarians yet, and that it was only built with zombies in mind
    -if an invader had the ability to cut the beams, then they had the ability to very easily cut the wall, so why not just do that?
    -and apparently some guy in construction said that this is the correct way, if anchored correctly, yada yada yada, something about steel bending or crumpling

I have no idea, but it was an interesting discussion

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I don't think there is going to be to much drama in Alexandria. I think it's putting the characters back into society just to strip everything away when the wolves come. And Darrell needs to get off his man period.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think there is going to be to much drama in Alexandria. I think it's putting the characters back into society just to strip everything away when the wolves come. And Darrell needs to get off his man period.

I'm thinking that the chick who runs the place won't be able to find a place for Darrell... and "boom" banishment. Just thinking out loud, because I can't see a reason for Darrell to be banished, and the rest of the group staying behind.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I believe Alexandria should be bigger than that silly little map. IF they have a good doctor, as claimed, to do any real surgery he needs an anesthesiologist and at least one (1) competent helper.

If they are growing, caring for, harvesting and storing applesauce that is going to require several folks full time. Not a lot, but I would think at least two (2) people picking off bugs, doing things a hard, time consuming way because it isn't just a hobby, it is their life. It also isn't just for a family or two, but the entire community. A community eats a lot of food, way more than most people imagine.

Eric and Aaron are a group that went out to find others. I would think at least a few more folks would do this, but maybe not.

You have Deanna (yeah, I KNOW its not Kate Mulgrew now...:() and her son Aiden with his copilot Nicholas. Aiden mentioned a few that died, so they have faced some attrition. Perhaps it was this recent loss that convinced Deanna that they needed more experienced people than her son. Perhaps Nicholas is a good guy who has just had a poor leader?

Then there is the old couple, still alive, who allegedly have many kids and grandkids. Where are all of them?

The homes are well kept, so they must have a handyman who goes around keeping things up and functional. Dale would have been perfect for this...

The kids have a teacher, so there is another person.

The way I look at it Alexandria HAS to have a reasonable population to maintain the standard that they have! I am talking at least 100 people, probably more, a lot more. There is no way high standards can be maintained without allowing people to specialize and focus on specific tasks.

As far as taking over goes I don't quite see that happening. At his core Rick is still a "good guy" who has a basic respect for others. What I could more likely see happening is more like Battlestar Galactica. The new series, not Ponderosa in space. In that series you had a "war leader" and a "civilian leader." In times of not fighting Cylons President Roslin was in command and her word was law. Once there was a military crisis Admiral Adama took over and saw that they survived the crisis. Each learned to respect the other for what they did. I could see that with Rick and Deanna. Deanna runs things inside Alexandria when times are peaceful, while Rick takes over during a crisis or outside the walls.

I just looked up Alexandria and it is a whooping 12 miles from Andrews AFB! You could walk there in an afternoon! I wonder what could be found?

Just down the Potomac there is Doncaster State Forest on the Maryland side. Lots of good hunting potential with a minimal population. There could be good resources here but there is no way I would want to live near major population centers unless it was perfect. I don't care how many were told to evacuate, a lot wouldn't, and then they would try to eat me.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To All,

I believe Alexandria should be bigger than that silly little map. IF they have a good doctor, as claimed, to do any real surgery he needs an anesthesiologist and at least one (1) competent helper.

If they are growing, caring for, harvesting and storing applesauce that is going to require several folks full time. Not a lot, but I would think at least two (2) people picking off bugs, doing things a hard, time consuming way because it isn't just a hobby, it is their life. It also isn't just for a family or two, but the entire community. A community eats a lot of food, way more than most people imagine.

Eric and Aaron are a group that went out to find others. I would think at least a few more folks would do this, but maybe not.

You have Deanna (yeah, I KNOW its not Kate Mulgrew now...:() and her son Aiden with his copilot Nicholas. Aiden mentioned a few that died, so they have faced some attrition. Perhaps it was this recent loss that convinced Deanna that they needed more experienced people than her son. Perhaps Nicholas is a good guy who has just had a poor leader?

Then there is the old couple, still alive, who allegedly have many kids and grandkids. Where are all of them?

The homes are well kept, so they must have a handyman who goes around keeping things up and functional. Dale would have been perfect for this...

The kids have a teacher, so there is another person.

The way I look at it Alexandria HAS to have a reasonable population to maintain the standard that they have! I am talking at least 100 people, probably more, a lot more. There is no way high standards can be maintained without allowing people to specialize and focus on specific tasks.

As far as taking over goes I don't quite see that happening. At his core Rick is still a "good guy" who has a basic respect for others. What I could more likely see happening is more like Battlestar Galactica. The new series, not Ponderosa in space. In that series you had a "war leader" and a "civilian leader." In times of not fighting Cylons President Roslin was in command and her word was law. Once there was a military crisis Admiral Adama took over and saw that they survived the crisis. Each learned to respect the other for what they did. I could see that with Rick and Deanna. Deanna runs things inside Alexandria when times are peaceful, while Rick takes over during a crisis or outside the walls.

I just looked up Alexandria and it is a whooping 12 miles from Andrews AFB! You could walk there in an afternoon! I wonder what could be found?

Just down the Potomac there is Doncaster State Forest on the Maryland side. Lots of good hunting potential with a minimal population. There could be good resources here but there is no way I would want to live near major population centers unless it was perfect. I don't care how many were told to evacuate, a lot wouldn't, and then they would try to eat me.

Regards,

Doug

View attachment 36458

BSG, one of my all time favorites

Kut (owns the full series)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Where are all the cisterns and waste treatment plants located that Deanna alluded to for this self sustaining community? :scratch:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So, "The Talking Dead" is going to have a surprise cast member as a guest. Normally in the past, surprise cast members are characters killed off in the nights episode of "The Walking Dead". With that being said, who do you think will be the surprise guest, and do you think they get killed in tonight's episode? Further what leads you to believe that?

Me, I can't decide. I don't know if it's a main character or a new character. But I'm pretty sure it's a dead character. Normally when it's a character that survived the episode, they name the guest. But when it's a character that dies, they announce a surprise character.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Andy, I think the show has reached a point where contract negotiations could easily be playing a bigger role in who gets killed off than the writers do. That makes trying to predict stuff very sketchy at best. So far the show still seems to be worth watching but it's losing ground IMHO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, "The Talking Dead" is going to have a surprise cast member as a guest. Normally in the past, surprise cast members are characters killed off in the nights episode of "The Walking Dead". With that being said, who do you think will be the surprise guest, and do you think they get killed in tonight's episode? Further what leads you to believe that?

Me, I can't decide. I don't know if it's a main character or a new character. But I'm pretty sure it's a dead character. Normally when it's a character that survived the episode, they name the guest. But when it's a character that dies, they announce a surprise character.

Has Morgan appeared on TTD yet? He's easily the most accomplished actor of the bunch, and he has a lot of work on other projects, so maybe he had some free time to and decided to go on the show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom