• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just found out that Scott Ian was doing a walker cameo. Junk pile walker was he?

[Re: Jesse the stylist's husband smoking on t he porch in the middle of the night.] "Well, Rick clearly has to kill that guy." -- Talking Dead host, Chris Hardwick

You have no idea. If they follow the comic, he turns out to be a wife-beater. I took Carol's husband Ed to be the TV analogue of the character this guy looks to be.

And Congresswoman Deanna (OH-15) is not played by Kate Mulgrew (Capt. Kathryn Janeway). I've seen Deanna before, but I can't recall well enough to be able to name the actress, damnit.) She was a defense lawyer on Law & Order for a long time. Mind like a steel trap SCORE! www.imdb.com/name/nm0271165/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tovah_Feldshuh

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [Re: Jesse the stylist's husband smoking on t he porch in the middle of the night.] "Well, Rick clearly has to kill that guy." -- Talking Dead host, Chris Hardwick

You have no idea. If they follow the comic, he turns out to be a wife-beater. I took Carol's husband Ed to be the TV analogue of the character this guy looks to be

He he better stay clear of Carol. She could probably see the signs in the wife.

Also Carol was lying her ass off on her interview.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Carol was not giving anything about herself up.
    Seems like a strange setup in this community. I am wondering how Daryl is going to manage in all of this.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, Carol was tap dancing to beat the band in that interview. We'll see how well Deanna can actually read people in how deeply Carol can insinuate herself into the inner machinations of Alexandria.

Carol and Daryl are being two peas in a pod. Neither of them trusts the Alexandrians any further than they can throw them. Daryl is showing it by not joining in with any of it. Carol is showing it by showing a completely manufactured personality and betraying nothing of her true self.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just found out that Scott Ian was doing a walker cameo. Junk pile walker was he?

You have no idea. If they follow the comic, he turns out to be a wife-beater. I took Carol's husband Ed to be the TV analogue of the character this guy looks to be.

And Congresswoman Deanna (OH-15) is not played by Kate Mulgrew (Capt. Kathryn Janeway). I've seen Deanna before, but I can't recall well enough to be able to name the actress, damnit.) She was a defense lawyer on Law & Order for a long time. Mind like a steel trap SCORE! www.imdb.com/name/nm0271165/ Tovah Feldshuh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:(

:ugh:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn. Why didn't I think of that. Carl was following the girl, and that lead right to where Rick stashed the Glock, which lead to a bout of father-son-bonding walker slayage. It goes to reason that she was prolly trodding familiar ground and might have seen Rick stash it. The boys were talking about how long it took her to readjust to "normal" life in Alexandria. It goes to reason that maybe she hasn't completely readjusted. Just like Carl feared living there might make them weak, she might be venturing out, beyond the wall, to remind herself of the danger she truly still lives in, saw a chance to arm herself outside of the strictures of Alexandrian societal norms, and took it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Could be she hasn't readjusted (the girl), or could be the place is not as nice as appearances would lead us to believe.

The guys in the wall checking the new group on a small run outside the gate. I can understand it, but it still seems funny.
    It's like frikkin amateur night.

Give up guns inside the gate. I don't know about that. What do you do when someone inside dies, becomes a walker, infects a couple more, then you have a group of walkers roaming the compound.
    Not to mention, disagree with the armed son of the leader, but he has the guns. I don't think so.
    Figures a congresscritter wants to disarm.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They're going to have problems with the son of the leader.

The leader knows there's a problem. That's why she thanked Glenn for knocking him on his ass.
    His ego is getting bigger than his ability.
    That's either going to be a problem with the walkers, or in the town.
    Maybe, just maybe he can learn.
    I doubt it. He didn't learn from the hanging walker incident.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And they should assume the houses they are in have been wired for sound.

If I was the colony leader, and had power, that's what I would do. To keep an eye on the new group.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the girl is connected to the three exiles mentioned by the leader.

Carol's interview was the best part of the episode.

Potential life lesson here: would you surrender your essential life-support gear in exchange for shelter in an emergency?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think the girl is connected to the three exiles mentioned by the leader.

Carol's interview was the best part of the episode.

Potential life lesson here: would you surrender your essential life-support gear in exchange for shelter in an emergency?

The group is on the edge. They know they can survive. They could threaten to leave.
    But, leaving a place with power, water, peace.... That could be difficult. Especially with the baby.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I liked how Rick said they could always "take" the place if things went south. I have to say, that was a thought that I had as soon as they walked through the gates of the place. I don't think that will happen, but it might be cool if it did. When Ricks group leaves Alexandria, I'm guessing the place will be a smoldering pile of rubble.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've said it before. Why not just hike north. Walkers will freeze solid without body heat. It would be a good episode to have an unseasonably cold day in the south that allows them to walk around shattering walker cicle heads with a hammer. They could clear out Atlanta or a huge herd in no time without risk.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @ Little Tommy:
    Prolly. On Talking Dead, they had a live poll, whether viewers thought Rick's "We could just take it." line was tacticly matter of fact or outright evil. It was 57-43 in favour of matter of fact, but that outcome surprised me for how many people would think of Rick as evil for such a sentiment. I think Alexandria is physicly larger than Woodbury, but with fewer people around. I don't recall the detail Deanna mentioned of northern VA being evacuated in the opening days of the "crisis" as being from the mouth of Douglas, the former Congressman character in the comic, but if true, whether just for the TV show or not, it would mitigate for a sparser threat matrix in Alexandria than they faced in Georgia. Fewer people in or outside of the Alexandrian walls makes Rick's group a more powerful force by comparison. They very much could just take it.

And now, Sheriff Grimes of Alexandria is on the job. I wonder if anyone will mention that except for when he went back to his old department for more guns and met the crazy version of Morgan, Rick and Carl have never been closer to their home in Kentucky than they are now. All Rick has to do is tread softly while getting to know the Alexandrians and letting the Alexandrians get to know him (modulo Jesse's husband) and he can build a power base to take over from Deanna, whether she wants him to or not. In the comic, Douglas ultimately wanted Rick to take over, but Rick had had it with leadership and wanted to just be a citizen for a while. I think they exhausted that story arc with Farmer Rick at the prison. I'm thinking Deanna's son views himself as an heir apparent, and if it looks like any amount of power might be shifting away from his mother and not onto him, he's gonna make some kind of stupid play. The very fact that he couldn't lead a group of three (Tara, Glenn, and Noah) genuine survivors shows he's not leadership material, making such stupidity inevitable.

@ Smile Doc Hill:
    Have they ever shown a winter scene on TWD? I can't recall any. I think it's always been Spring-Summer-Fall on camera. One would assume it's been enough years story-wise for them to have had to deal with winter, but unless TWD's deep south is caught in the grip of Al Gore's Global Warming, it must have gotten cold enough to snow once in a while.

Maybe Season 6 in Alexandria will see the group et al. have to deal with bitterly cold weather and walkersicles. After all, it's a cold day in Hell if zombies roam the Earth, and D.C. is as close to Hell as I can imagine on Earth.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm looking forward to seeing who's tail Carol gets to beat when the Plain Jane from Pleasantville cloak gets thrown off. I think they will let her keep up the deception for quite a while then unleash the beast when needed. Going back a few episodes I don't recall Carol doing much of anything while the group was under observation. She didn't participate in the 'lets throw walkers from the bridge' defense. She kept quiet when Aaron was in the barn. She didn't do anything exciting when they were looking for water or on her walk with Daryl either.

Carol, the Grayman.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    How difficult would it be to leave if there were no power, the water stopped, and there were "roamers" tearing down the walls?

I believe I posted my attitude toward the surrendering of weapons upthread.

Lets also keep in mind that Rick anticipated being disarmed and was willing to do knowing he stashed that Glock. Had he not stashed it thinking he could carry on the DL, maybe he wouldn't have been so willing to disarm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom